Landraces and heirloom

Man, that is a solid looking plant! I grew up smoking Colombian red and gold. I liked the red better as it had the chocolate nuances to me. I hope to see more of that one. Can you tell us about the smoke yet? It’s a beauty of a bud, too. peace

5 Likes

@GMan This plant is still standing :slight_smile: It is curious what we name with those nuances of chocolate, I have some Venezuelan with those shades of chocolate jejeje

6 Likes

Redheaded eggs hehe

19 Likes

I had no luck with my first round of the Mexi seeds, but it was my fault. I’ll try again soon.

I dropped some seeds of Malawi Gold and a cross of it and Colombian Gold. I got my Lemon Thai but will wait until I can do a seed run with them. And I dropped a couple fo Thai x Stardawg from @Sunvalley. It’s an old Thai mother saved for 30 years in Washington State…

So, I’m trying to get my toes in to test the water, lol… I want to grow those Lemon Thai so bad, but I have to get my space finished.

I can’t wait to hear your report on the Red Haze… it sounds like it will be a strong high. It’s really a nice looking yielder, too. peace

8 Likes

@GMan These crosses sound very good
@Sunvalley I have a shipment pending, I will send it soon.

3 Likes

Yesterday’s mail

16 Likes

Saludos @Pakore ,gusto verte por aquí. esas son de the real seeds company?

5 Likes

Hola Yaxu , si lo son, no me gusta mucho comprar semillas siendo honestos pero hay cosas que mediante intercambio no se pueden.
Andaba detrás de Malana Cream desde hace algún tiempo

8 Likes

I have malana cream from a reproduction of my friend @Truhan I hope soon germinate them

6 Likes

Hola @Pakore

Are those my birthday gift ?

';+)

Bare

6 Likes

NLD sativa

38 Likes

Out of likes but hit it about 10 times. Just beautiful.

3 Likes

@Yaxu great view from here of your forest :deciduous_tree: How many plants is that and what’s NLD sorry don’t recognize the initials?

4 Likes

@ShiskaberrySavior It’s just one
NLD = narrow leaf drug

7 Likes

It’s a big yielder! It seems to be busting out of your cage!

The NLD is a scientific designation for Sativa, and the designation for Indica is WLD (wide leaflet drug)… it’s a research term to designate biotypes… here’s a link of really dry reading explaining the history of the nomenclature. It looks to to be for geeked out scientists and research gurus… mostly.

There is some interesting stuff relating to the landrace gene pool being compromised in the last decades. C. Sativa and C. Indica versus “Sativa” and “Indica”

Sorry Yaxu… I was curious, myself and had to go look it up… heh. peace

7 Likes

@GMan English is not my language, I use the google translator to communicate. I wanted to be as summary as possible hehehe.

5 Likes

I only just learned it for the first time last night, lol. That’s why I was showing off! I had never heard, or seen that used before, so it was fun for me to learn where it came from. Sorry to nose in!! :upside_down:

2 Likes

@GMan This thread will interest you to germinate your old Mexican seeds

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=334985

4 Likes

Awesome Yaxu! I will always take any helpful information! My young friend who gifted them to me got them to germ inside a paper towel inside a ziplock baggie he left open.

He said they took a long time but he stayed with them, and they started germing one at a time, lol… all at a different time. He just left the seeds inside until they showed a tail…

But, I want to read more. I found out my H2O2 was expired and had no effect on the softening of the seeds.

I’ll be reading that after I eat some food or in the morning. Thank you brother! peace

3 Likes

@Yaxu, I glanced at the thread and I already like the direction it’s going. I can’t wait to read it all. Thank you again!

3 Likes