Landraces of India

I didn’t know we need a seperate strain for that, whatever strain I smoke whether it’s a local or hybrid i always end up horny lmao :rofl:

5 Likes

Look at that fire engine red stalk! She’s a looker…and early resin too. Very nice to see one of these grown out here on OG. Keep us updated! How many weeks into flower is she?

5 Likes

The dark stalk may be due to cold temps, especially during lights out. I haven’t put my heater in yet(it’s going in tonight) and we’re getting 7-10°c through the day, which my lights out time. It’s been under 11/13 for around 12 wks @Upstate .
:v::canada:

8 Likes

Beautiful flowers brother! :boom:
I see trichs! :eyes::grinning:
What smells are you getting off her?

1 Like

Thanks @iceman . I’m digging the extra long pistils. Makes the buds look like little puff balls. It smells like Haze mostly. Hard to put to words but once you smell it you know it. Sage, sandalwood, parsley, incense. That one has a touch of fruit in the background, which is still developing and is kinda interesting. It’s also lightly pollinated by a Malawi Gold male, because I could.:grin:
:v::canada:

10 Likes

Malana Garage 43N still smelling very strongly of grape, less astringent lemon now, very sticky, starting to put on weight and bend the branches but she’s also never stopped stretching for the sun over the garage and fence.

35 Likes

Wowsa what a beauty!

2 Likes

looks great !

are you planning to make hash from it ?

3 Likes

Indeed! This one and the Malana Pasture are both getting hung to dry whole, the best tops selected for curing and possibly a cobbing experiment, and the rest hashed out, likely just by dry sieving and cleaning with static tech, then we’ll heat and press it. I might go dry ice for the first time, but I’ve really enjoyed the quality of pure golden dry sift when its done right.

10 Likes

Dry sift sounds epic! I didn’t know Westerners were using static tech. That’s great! :+1:
Nice forecast and she’s getting close. Looks like she’ll make it…which means I can grow it here too.

2 Likes

1970s Indian bud shot

1970s shot of commercial Indian dried ganja from Bengal.

Sold in these shops

19 Likes

Odisha D - Only been feeding water but still angry.

I think i may have stressed her our to the point of herming.

Odisha B - little happier but I’d love to get her happier.

25 Likes

Yeah, looks like some male flowers. It was the shot of high N that did it, so it could snap back into 100% fem mode. You wouldn’t want to breed with it, but if you pick the male flowers off for the next two weeks It might be good to go after that and at least you could smoke it. @InTheWoods

4 Likes

Do you see the male flowers on both or just plant D?

Copy that.

Well that’s a bummer but a learning experience as a first attempt. My greenthumb must get greenier :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’ll start plucking but if I get overrun, I will have to chop as since I don’t want that pollen hitting the other ladies in the tent.

2 Likes

I’d incinerate it instantly and any seeds made from it.

2 Likes

No doubt. If they grow back you’ll have to yank it. Fingers crossed! Make sure you pluck the base of that male flower clump, or you won’t get all of the flowers.

Just the one plant that I saw.

No doubt keeping a hermaphrodite can be stressful and or stupid. You definitely need to remain vigilant to avoid any accidental pollen spillage. After growing so many sativas, they don’t even make me nervous anymore. There’s actually several different kinds of hermies. Some you have to kill and others you can work with. Stress hermies are different than true hermies. This looks like a stress hermie so far, but mixed male/ female flowers like that in the same flower are a red flag if no stress occurred to make it happen.

6 Likes

I like that for D. Not trying to play around with my smoke run. Its unfortunate but will most likely be the best option.

3 Likes

Holy cow 95° down to 47° high is crazy like a light switch!

2 Likes

Did you want some male Odisha pollen? I forget but have some ready if your interested.

5 Likes

Appreciate the offer but I will pass as I will be taking a different direction into landraces. I’m going to explore some Kilimanjaro. :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes