Landraces of India

Gadchi Indian strain.

10 Likes

That reminds me of the bud I used to get in Lima, Peru. It’s even wrapped in newspaper and full of seeds, just like the bud there was.
Thanks for posting that. It brought back some good memories.

1 Like

Sooner or later, it’ll be legal there (and everywhere else…mostly). I’d love to travel across India, sampling every landrace, heirloom or cultivar in as many regions as possible. There is no telling what you’d find there. I’d bet someone could spend decades there and still not sample everything available.

2 Likes

Kashmir genetics seem to give plants quite a tolerance for cold and humidity and a shorter flowering time. Those have a lot of genetic potential.

4 Likes

@Herrsquidward…I got some kashmir seeds from Indian seeds 97 @Shiv9545 Flowering time should be in the neighborhood of 12 weeks or less. This is a semi domesticated landrace. If you want to pheno hunt through a few of them I’ll send you some. Same goes for anyone else that’s been on over grow for 6 months.
If you are looking for legitimate Indian landrace genetics he’s the man to see. You can find him on Instagram. Cocogenes is another great source.

10 Likes

I assume this is an NLD (“sativa”), and it has more trichomes than a lot of “sativas.” Nice. I bet you could get some kick-ass dry sift.

2 Likes

I’d love to get some seeds but it’s still highly illegal here. I know the DEA just classified cannabis seeds “hemp”, provided they contain less than .3% THC. All I could offer in return would be some Northern Lights auto seeds. The NL I have is vigorous, uniform and reasonably potent. Their germination rate is low, and it can take up to a month for them to sprout.
Let me get everything set up; I have to be a little circuitous about it.
Sorry to go dark on you for the last week, by the way.

2 Likes

I hope you’re getting seeds. Cannabis in Manipur has recently been almost completely supplanted by poppies.

2 Likes

Imphal valley Manipur is heavily into growing cannabis and the Highland tribes are still cultivating as well. I’d be more worried about contamination with modern genetics than opium production.
If you’ll put up pics here and show people what you find I’ll send you some Kashmirs. Only a couple other people have this one. You’d be the first one to grow it that I know of @Herrsquidward

5 Likes

I absolutely intend to document (in great detail, bordering on superfluous) everything. My old lady and I have already begun our vegetable and herb gardens, and she’s documenting everything. She’s listed and labeled all the seeds we have, and has even drawn diagrams of our raised beds. I do the “field” work and she does the “administrative” work.

3 Likes

I Have some from crossing the Manipur to paki chitral kush but I dident make more of the Manipur because the male was a herm so he died, I do how ever have more of the original seeds and am going to start them all as a late season crop for preservation purposes to keep the line pure. I also have the North Indian red stem from Indian landrace exchange along with there lolab valley kashmir :grin:

3 Likes

Hey @firehead I’m extremely sorry for the mail which didn’t showed up on ur adress.

Please send me ur safe adress again I will definitely send ur mail again via speed mail service.
I’m so sorry brother definitely gonna give some freebies in dis mail.
Apologies :pray:

8 Likes

Kashmiri is always my favorite landrace variety, it’s smells so different not able to guess it.
But one of my favourite landrace :heart:
I always keep some kashmiri flowers in my stock and i have one currently growing wid me.

Tried to upload video here but it seems video can’t be posted here on OG

19 Likes

Yaa, videos are a bit of a problem here, these kashmiri’s look elegant :v:

3 Likes

Pleeeeeease try that Lolab. They are very special. I’ve struck out twice. Got 2 males the one time but was too bummed to use the pollen on anything.
I did not try direct sowing in the garden. I started my last 50 seeds in a flat, letting them go thru wet/ dry cycles. My mother in law thought the flat was garbage and dumped it. She can’t remember where either. Sucks.
Hey @Shiv9545 nice to see you here. Looks like I found someone to test a few Kashmir seeds out😁. That bud pic is one of them? Nice resin! Any idea of flowering times yet? 12 weeks? Less?

5 Likes

Hi Shiv!
I sent you a message on Instagram!
Thanks again!

4 Likes

How is the effect of your Kashmiri, more indica or sativa?

3 Likes

Hello brother!
I’ve always wondered whether there are any short period flowering strains that are native to India…?

I would love to learn more about Indian strains…

2 Likes

@Upstate hello brother yeah that pic is of my kashmiri landrace in flowering almost now in 5th week of flowering, yeah brother around 10-12weeks of flowering time dis kashmiri landrace needs.
I’m trying to make some seeds out of off dis female so let’s hope for the best. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Tomorrow gonna post about my new indian landraces from different regions.

Work in progress for our new LANDRACES nd i will post about it very soon.

new Nanda Devi landrace(RUSTIC HIMALAYAN SATIVA)
Kumaon LANDRACE ( UTTARAKHAND)
We have KAMA LANDRACE which is having high CBD percent.(HIMALAYAN)
Parvati LANDRACE(HIMACHAL PRADESH SATIVA)
Shilong LANDRACE(Very potent sativa)
NEPALESE (HIKING)LANDRACE (KATHMANDU,NEPAL)
SIKKIM LANDRACE
HINDU KUSH F2
MANIPURI FOXTAIL WITH PURPLE PHENO
AZAAD KASHMIR LANDRACE(INDICA VARIETY)
BHUTAN LANDRACE (Potent sativa)
ASSAM LANDRACE short phenos

13 Likes

@Herrsquidward hello the effects of my kashmiri landrace are from sedative to very cerebral high.
High feels like gradually increasing and later on it feels like full blown head and body high.
The plant smells like dark lemony,fruity.

5 Likes