Large ph swing help

Do they have one for Dwc ? I haven’t been to their website in a minute , but I think they had a drain to waste and something else , with different types of base nutes? I could be wrong tho. I’m sure their charts are good and good for business as well and I think you’re fine with all the other stuff added in, the fluctuations you’re experiencing are normal and in range, just seems that your ph drifts pretty quickly.

Due to the roots constantly being suspended in water With DWC , less can be more.

I’m thinking it could be my tap water as well. Checked a jug of just PHed water for the couple i have in dirt and the ph went from 6.4 on it to almost 7just sitting in the jug. I need to find a better solution for ph down as the gh ph down sucks

was it this? sorry for the bad formatting. i just copy / pastad it from a website into a notebook

Water level, EC, pH Solution

Static Static Static
Plant not feeding/drinking, change EC, check meters. Usually, lowering the EC a little should get the plant feeding again
Static Static Rising Ph buffers probably raising ph. This is usual. Having a static water level is not though, so again, a slight reduction in EC or a res change should resolve this.

Static Static Falling
Usual cause of this is when media has been rinsed at a lower ph than you require.
The other possibility is that too much CO2 has been pumped into the water. See Note 1.
Change your res and look at the volume of air pumped plus look at your air source.

Static Rising Static
Plant is leeching nutrition, raise EC. Note 2

Static Rising Rising
Plant leeching nutrition, Raise EC. An unusual state. The rising ph is probably caused by what nutrient leeching back.
If these are alkaline, it will lead to the rise in ph. Could also be ph buffers.

Static Rising Falling
As above but be aware of the acid rain effect mentioned in note 1. Res change, plus increase in EC.

Static Falling Static
Plant eating but not drinking. Not ideal. Lower EC or res change

Static Falling Rising
As above but rising ph is a better sign. Lower EC slightly or res change.

Static Falling Falling
Falling ph along with falling EC but no drop in water level suggests a res change. Could also be an acid rain effect as per note 1. Depending on other symptoms, lowering EC after res change.

Falling Static Static
Perfect conditions. EC and ph are at the correct level.

Falling Static Rising
Normal state most people encounter. Nothing to worry about, carry on doing what you are doing unless other plant symptoms.

Falling Static Falling
Res change plus a change of EC. Lower EC if over 1.4, raise EC if lower than 1.0

Falling Rising Static
Plant is drinking more than eating, lower EC.

Falling Rising Rising
Plant is drinking more than eating, lower EC

Falling Rising Falling
Plant is drinking more than eating, lower EC. Also, res change due to possible acid rain problem.

Falling Falling Static
Hungry plant, raise EC. Very good situation to be in. Nute buffers are working and plant is taking a balance of nutrients.

Falling Falling Rising
Almost as above, usually considered almost perfect, raise EC slightly.

Falling Falling Falling
Res change. Potential acid rain issue but plant is still eating & drinking. Raise EC on new res

3 Likes

Hi @anon98152597 or anyone else for that matter. Digging up an old thread here. Do you know what website that info came from? I have an old jpg image of the info word for word. I would like to find the website to see if the info is in relation to DWC or if there are adjustments to make if using DWC.

1 Like

It comes from here: https://www.t-g-c.nl/forum/index.php/topic/2776-ec-ph-water-levels-what-they-tell-you-and-how-to-react/

Just a forum post with some extra info.

1 Like

@anon98152597 , That was great. Thanks… It has clarified my questions. :+1:

1 Like