Large plants

What are some very large growing plants you’ve had experiences with? Long sativas, earlier finishing indicas, hybrids.

I want to grow a few monsters, knowing full well they will most likely get PM and bud rot before I harvest them. I just want to grow a few big plants this year for fun.

I’ve got Durban Poison, quick skunk outdoor, Blueberry diesel and Frankenstein I was thinking about starting now for the summer.

But I want to hear what YOU would grow for size!

16 Likes

The Nepalese (real seed company) i grew last season was a fucking monster…12 feet easy,no budrot or PM either!

2 Likes

I’m in a deep valley next to a river, it’s very shady and moist, lol, itll get rot, unless they finish September, they will rot haha

I DO have a couple Nepalese crosses from a local here, 12’ is right where I’m aiming for

3 Likes

I had a Panama/Malawi that quadrupled in stretch. It would have been a beast outside.

2 Likes

Large as in tall or large as in weight?

2 Likes

I’ve been saving my Malawi for a special occasion… maybe this is it!!! :thinking:

2 Likes

Tall, like a tree… I dont care about weight much for this grow

2 Likes

It would have been huge with sufficient veg time. Might tasty too.

1 Like

Start them early enough inside along with some topping/fimming, Kelp & Silica foliar rotation and get them hardened off and pretty much any strain can produce a large plant outdoors. Especially if you can transplant them outdoors at waist height or so after the last frost and they don’t skip a beat then you’ll have your hands full come harvest time.

1 Like

Watch your daylight hours and don’t put shit out till you’re daylight hours are sufficient. Trying to acclimate too early fucks your plants into a ‘should I flower or not’ and screws all of your intentions with larf and weird nodes. You end up with a bunch scrambled eggs not the souflee you want. I know you know this but it’s worth saying again

6 Likes

Nevilles Haze gh 2001 11/13 from seed went 16 weeks 10 ft ceilings lights about 6 in from ceiling plant never stopped bent and wrapped around 4 times cut bottom 2 branches early and 2nd node branches went 8ft long. My buddy is 6’7" 300lbs he walked in put his arms out an said this thing dwarfs me looking up, I can still picture him in front of it.

3 Likes

Pick a Sativa and start it indoors as others have said. Put it out in a large hole amended with good soil and perlite. In the top layer put In a good amount of Osmocote and you will get large plants. When you put them out is important, make sure it’s after the April showers and frost. Depends where you are at as to when to put them out. Here in OK it’s about mid May. The more northern you get the later you put them out.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m gonna dig some large holes in our old horse/turkey pen. Lots of great drainage and nutrients. I’ll amend with a few things, im not crazy on amendments, we’ve got exceptional soil and compost here. Mothersday is the magic day here for getting cannabis into dirt outside here (mid may)

1 Like

gg4, Mendo breath, mystery, runtz, Perma Dream , mac1. all started indoors from seed and put outside at about a 10” tall. Let go all summer . My brother is 2 steps up on step ladder , he is almost 6’ tall. Plants were put outside just after Mother’s Day this Pic was taken early September 2021 , tallest bush was 11’8”. 6 plants almost 14lbs

15 Likes

those are some big bushes , kudos

1 Like

Greetings @Jinglepot,
Apply your mad growing skills to Acapulco Gold and you’ll get what you are looking for!

This one spent her life indoors in a one gallon micro octopot! 17 weeks in flower!

Grown outdoors, in good soil, she is a tree.

Acapulco Gold Repro

I still have some seeds if you are interested.
-Grouchy

11 Likes

GHAZE/GOJI OG. (Bean’s4St.Jude’s @LouDog420)

This monster weighed over a lb by herself. I grew it in a fabric pot on top of a 4gal reservoir made from an oil drip pan. I added all the leaves and trim from all rhe plants, kitchen scraps, fruit and veggies and worm compost. The environment could’ve been better, alot better, most of the colas grew past the lights. I sealed it all up in Geoove Bags and heat sealed them. The smell was very muted and needing a good cure to bring it out, I hope.

5 Likes

Absolute monster bushes!!

I have some AG seeds! Anither to add to the list grouchy! I can’t belive that’s out of a 1 gallon!! That’s so cool!

3 Likes

Indoors the biggest plant was the Panama haze x Lebanese went over 7 feet in a 5 foot tent I super cropped every branch 3 x’s
She was growing above the lights

At harvest I stretch her out she was 7 feet plus a inch or two lol

Also recently my strawberry razzmatazz did the d same

3 Likes

these are in my grow room at the moment the tallest is a 6 footer ICC from @JohnnyPotseed

8 Likes