Large Scale Hemp Drying Problem Solved (Organi-Dry) (article)

Found on another site, seems interesting:

"How do you plan on drying large amounts of hemp this fall?

Hang Dry…what about your dry time, area required and potential for mold between harvest and dry?
Freeze Dry…what about your limited space, high equipment cost or cellular plant degradation?
Heat/Microwave Dry…this seems to be a viable alternative many are using but this method also has reservations including machinery costs, space required and operational expenses.

My team at American Cannabis Company has teamed with Protein Solutions Group to bring to market a rapid dehydration product known as Organi-Dry which is a food-based organic protein solution. PSG along with ACC has developed a unique and organic drying process that not only dries hemp or marijuana within a day but also preserves the Cannabinoid and Terpene profiles during the preservation/dehydration process.

This may sound like smoke and mirrors but our team has conducted our due diligence for Organi-Dry and its’ complimentary product known as Proti-Dry only to find they work just as described. In our most recent beta test, we had a Colorado MJ crop taken down on the evening of Sunday, July 28th. On the next morning at 9 a.m, the harvested buds were sprayed with Organi-Dry at our offices in Denver, placed in a climate controlled tent with <40% humidity with good air flow. The following morning upon opening the tent we found the harvest to be a ideally dried, and dried/cured many days faster than traditional methods.

The finished product was sampled later that afternoon by several local cannabis connoisseurs who were all very impressed with the flavor and quality of the buds. This truly is game changing technology that can increase profit margins and product quality.

For more detail, American Cannabis Company PSG Presentation - 08.26.19.pdf (1.7 MB)

I have included a brief power point on the product and process. Contact me or any of my team at American Cannabis Consulting, American Hemp Services or SoHum Living Soils to find out more about how Organi-Dry can help you with the drying bottleneck."

1 Like

Not sure I like that… Industrial hemp, sure. Smokable marijuana, no thanks.

1 Like

yeah I am not so sure either, I just thought it was interesting

2 Likes

hell no…always slow dry for better bud

1 Like

Yeah, that’s where they lost me too…

1 Like

I don’t think this was intended, at least at this point, for small-scale or hobbyist growers, however I am concerned that this might be used on some of the buds that we acquire at dispensaries from now on. They say it is a “food-based organic protein solution” to make it sound safe, but that could mean anything

3 Likes

Thats my worry as well. Also what chemical reactions are occurring. Just because something was safe when it was sprayed doesn’t mean it’s safe after coming in contact with another material.

3 Likes

Three thumbs down for this idea. Who knows what kind of crap it turns into when combusted. Same with legal pot as they are allowed to spray a bunch of things on their buds because the gov’t approves them for food crops. That’s one of the reasons why I have never bought ‘legal’ pot. You can wash most of that stuff off your veggies but not off buds.

:peace:

2 Likes

no thanks i will stick with the old fashion way dry then cure in jars buckets worked in the past will work in the future no need to hurry up any process that excelly why i do not want to buy dispensary bud you never know what they will spray or do to buds to try to make more money i know tis post is about hemp but if it works they will spray cannabis to market faster slow and steady wins the race…

3 Likes