Late flower bug aphid infestation

Last night it was a hermie, tonight in the 7th week an afid out break. I cut the plant down and got it the f#$k out of the house. She’s hanging in the garage at zero degrees Celsius. I have not had this problem before. Is zero to cold to cure in for a couple days to kill off the bugs?

2 Likes

Sorry about your luck . Do you know how you ended up with aphids . Just curious .

1 Like

I have heard that you can wash them off .

3 Likes

spraying a pepper sauce with a little soap usually works :

3 Likes

I would trim most of it in the garage. Bag the leaves and get rid of them. The bugs die but most eggs can live for weeks in cold temperature so I would keep them separate. Clean your room with bleach. I would also start spraying your remaining plants with an IPM. Neem or something. Aphids are one of the easier garden visitors to control.

2 Likes

Neem oil will do it 2 x s a day

2 Likes

Aphids are also able to bypass the egg stage and reproduce by parthenogenesis, where female aphids give birth to live female nymphs.

The least expensive way to get rid of aphids…

Spray them off with a stream of water, taking care not to spray the leaves so hard that it tears the leaf.

mix 2 teaspoons liquid dish soap into a quart of water and spray directly on the aphids. This will kill the aphids and it won’t harm your plant.

If you are experiencing aphids and ants, this may be remedied inexpensively by cutting orange and/or banana peels into small pieces and burying them into the top 2 inches of the medium.

Yellow sticky traps will attract and kill winged aphids, whiteflies, leaf miners and fungus gnats.
Blue sticky traps attract thrips.

9 Likes

those things are nasty
Hope you get them taken care of!!

1 Like

I assume the aphids have eaten OP and his plants by now :grimacing:

4 Likes

Attack of the killer aphids or maybe the rioters got him,?

Hope all is well

1 Like

I didn’t have the aphids I’m glad to say . @ubcchemo did sometime ago .

1 Like

i know sorry replied to wrong one haha my bad
I hope you also never get them!

1 Like

Me too ……………

1 Like