Lavender. Let’s talk about it

I’ve listened to the Maddfarmer’s episode of the pot cast like 5 times so far and he does a really great job of selling both the Lavender and the Purple Urkle. I’ve been able to find out a good deal about the PU, but the lavender has been harder to find info on outside of just the seeds soma has for sale. Just curious to know if people have it, or have had it. What’s your thoughts on it? What’re the effects like? What are the smells and flavors about? Would love to learn more!

22 Likes

I wonder if its the same lavender thats in bodhis wookie?

4 Likes

I have some somas lavender I :thinking: think. Should give it a try.

7 Likes

Was going to ask the same thing re Bodhis wookie.
I remember trying read up on Lavender when I first grew some Soulmate few years ago, but like op says, info wasn’t that readily available.

4 Likes

Dude definitely give that a run, and the. Come back here and hold court!

6 Likes

I had Lavender from a dispo in Steamboat, CO back in 2015 and it was really good, definitely a unique cultivar and exciting high. I’d love to explore the genetics but I’m intimidated to look through seeds.

2 Likes

It’s no small task to pheno hunt properly that’s for sure. I can’t say I’ve done it the way it’s really supposed to be done; in large lots, always in small numbers. But people find keepers out of single seeds and bag seeds and shit, so I figure popping one is at least throwing your hat in the ring for something awesome to happen

9 Likes

I’ve never had pure lavender but Big Buddy is about to drop some more of his Lemon Larry Lavender which is really nice.

25 Likes

Looks gorgeous, I’ve never heard of it, I’ll have to scope it out

2 Likes

We are on the same damn page on this my friend!! Listened to the episode at least 5 times as well. The path lead me to Soma for the Lavender… same as you. Legit?! Worth the cost?

5 Likes

I have some of them lavender seeds got them in trade but their regular photos,I’m holding off on them for a while

3 Likes

Nice man, are they somas seeds?

1 Like

If you got em from me there somas lavender! I have 20 or so left. I’m going to run sometime when I get the chance, just did inventory. Edit: I got these from Heritagefarms

8 Likes

I have to check my seeds I think it’s a lavender crossed with something
Lavender/gelato

2 Likes

@Heritagefarms did a preservation with some packs he bought from Soma, a year or two ago. I missed the first thing but got a few from a fellow OGer. I haven’t run mine yet but @Heritagefarms should be good to give you some good info. It was a passion project for him, so I figure he’ll have a much better opinion as anyone else. He may actually have some of those on his seed site. He was selling it or it was available at another place. Maybe he can swing by. I know he said he was real busy with summer.

I need to go back and listen to that potcast. I remember it but not clearly. I remember him talking about the lavender though.

12 Likes

Soma’s Lavender is not only TOP SHELF, it’s IN THE ATTIC!!! He once described it as “the most psychedelic strain in his inventory, Super Skunk, Big Skunk Korean, Afghani, and Hawaiian Mix, purple buds, leaves nearly Black at the end.” A Flip or two/6 ct just might be available next month!! @Heritagefarms did a GREAT Co-Op Run a while back, keep a “secret stash”. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

26 Likes

Definitely will do!

2 Likes

That’s amazing man! So cool to know that all of this stuff is being preserved by the OG community.

Edit: even just reading that lineage and description makes it sound super intriguing.

5 Likes

Have you been able to, or know anyone else, who can recommend any special phenos, yet? I need to get on those and the SM, to make beans. :wink:

1 Like

Has anyone had any experience purchasing from somas site and shipping to the US? It’s sounding more and more like it would be a worthwhile investment

2 Likes