Leaf’s Green crack + Blue god

Hey first grow diary. Green crack and blue god. 2 plants only! Both bag seeds.

Only 400 wAtt MH/HPS
botanicare nutrients + calmag
Cabinet grow.
Promix medium

Sprouted : march 24th.

Had a few minor setbacks in the beginning. Mostly noob mistakes. Over watered a bit and soon realized blue god does not enjoy being fed too much compared to the green crack ! I call them both my girls but so far only the blue god has shown me her tiny little hairs :wink: positive thinking and these two bag seeds will both be great females !

I plan to try cloning for my first time with these beautiful ladies, hope for success ! I FIMMED my green crack because it was getting so much taller then the blue god. My plan is to try and keep my blue god to one main cola … because I have never grown a single plant like this! Always topped and fim! Lol

So… I want to clone my blue god but there is not much of the lower nodes to try and clone… they are all tiny. So maybe I will just wait till after flower and re-veg!

BLUE GOD

GREEN CRACK

Rise up.

17 Likes

interested in how both of these turn out

3 Likes

Happy looking plants and 2 cool strains!

2 Likes

Gettin bushy!

Green crack nodes

8 Likes

That was fast! :grin: These “condensed” diaries are more easy to read but you lose a lot of interesting details (at least for noobs like me). Hope they are both ladies, good luck with your grow … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Heh yeah, sorry I am still a noob too my friend.

Started this grow before I even knew OG was back and running! So now it’s up to date :slight_smile: photo from this morning.

I grew for about 5 years in early 2000’s. stopped for quite some time and just started back up again… now that it is legal in Canada :slight_smile: using my vintage equipment im not sure how much of a yield I’ll pull off compared to these new fancy LED’s hehe. Very cool though- I should start doing some research! Lol

Puff puff pass

6 Likes

Oh well, I was throwing the stone and hiding the hand :grin:, as I don’t make a diary myself (hard to confess my sins, already have PM victimized attending priests here :innocent:). Glad you found this place, my plants are looking uglier so maybe my moaning was just a little envy :sweat_smile:, I will follow your progress and success … :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Looking very nice thus far.

2 Likes

Nice looking ladies Mano…

I have grown both those strains…The Blue god was top shelf smoke, and greasy…It’s just too bad it was not that big of producer (at least the Pheno I had)… I have also come to realize, there are not too many strains that are crossed with Blueberry, that are heavy producers…Not trying to say yours won’t…It could just be luck of the draw. A breeder who used to live down the way from me (Reeferman), won a Cannabis Cup with it. You will enjoy the resin content :slight_smile:

Regards,

K.

3 Likes

Niiice! Yes I smoked the blue god lots, it’s delicious. A buddy has been growing it and he’s been doing a great job. The buds are literally so sticky they produce a sap like oil and you can see it when you rip the bud apart. It’s so delicious, tastes woody and sappy. Hard to explain but i hope I can produce the same outcome - as long as it’s quality bud I’ll be happy :slight_smile: I was just lucky enough to find a single seed in the bag and it is a female! Woo haha

6 Likes

Great looking plants!

2 Likes

Re veg after flower? Was just wondering what you meant.

1 Like

After I flower the blue god I will re-vegetate and take clones :slight_smile: hopefully anyways! Hah I tried many times years ago, but always failed. But after reading some FAQS I think it’s because I have them too much light. I will try the simple form this time of cutting and puttin in water near a windowsill until it roots.

3 Likes

They have a couple different names for it but all the methods suck lol the process alone is a long one and even if it works you run a high risk of getting Hermies. Unless you’re a breeder or you’re trying to save a special strain that you won’t ever be able to replace it’s not worth the time or place in the GR. Not that it can’t work or is impossible but it’s Best to veg it out enough to take cuts , you can take them up to 2-3weeks into flower (as some do) but I personally don’t wait that long and take them ASAP sometimes within the first week to 10days. Usually before I flip the light tho.

3 Likes

Oh okay, I had no idea… the only reason I was going to wait was because I wanted to grow this blue god out one cola as I have never done that before with a plant. Always topped ans fimmed. And all the lower nodes do not look clone worthy as they are small… so the only suitable clone would be the top of her :confused: but maybe I should just say screw it and try to clone this little girl? Lol.

I was thinking of switching to flower tomorrow though! Hah, don’t have much space and don’t want these girls to be too crowded. Hmmm…

When cutting clones is it still a general rule to cut it at a 45 degree angle?

2 Likes

Having some troubles with sexing green crack … thinking it still might be a bit early but I see some tiny little signs popping up. I’ve never seen a pre- flower like this before but hoping it’s gonna show it’s little pistils and be female. Any thoughts/ opinions… yes, yes, might be a little early yet but maybe somebody knows the early signs better

3 Likes

Buddy if you grow out one cola what branches are you going to have left at the end to reveg? You need to leave leaf and bud on it in order to reveg it. You see what I’m saying? If you put her to flower in a few weeks you should have some branches worthy of cloning. Better to take them 2 weeks into flowering than to reveg imho.

45 deg is the norm but cut it anyway you like , the environment is one of the most important in my opinion. A good rooting gel or powder goes a long way too lol.

3 Likes

True… but was thinking just leaving a few buds and leaves down near the bottom… hmm if I veg a couple more weeks I might need bigger containers to flower. Hah decisions… I suck at that :stuck_out_tongue: lol

Cool, you can always try it… I’ll keep an eye out for the thread :wink:

Toke
2 Likes

Fed them both last night . Blue god lookin extra happy today :slight_smile:

Notice leaf ends were curling down a bit so fed half strength nutes for blue god. Any opinions why she did that ? Hoping just cus she was hungry but possibly a little heat stress going on…

Edit : one more question - I want to support the blue gods main branch… can I just jab a bamboo stick in the soil?? I don’t want to hurt the roots…but maybe I’m just being over cautious… lol. Any info is appreciated. Thx!

5 Likes