Leaf spots w/ some yellowing, what does OG think? (Update: Septoria)

As the topic suggests I’m having some issues with leaf spots and yellowing of some fan leafs. The strain is Skunk #1 growing outdoors in a garden spot. Biotone products were added a couple weeks ago due to the slight yellowing of the larger fan leafs which I took for low nitrogen levels. Added around one cup total of blood meal, bone meal and potash spread around the base of the plant and worked into the soil and watered in with rainwater.

4 Likes

Septoria possibly.

3 Likes

Well they are planted in close proximity to my tomato plants and I’ve lost a couple of those this year.

1 Like

it doesnt look like a nutrient issue to me, but some type of pest/disease. it doesnt look catastrophic so you might be better off living with it at this stage of flowering

3 Likes

bot sure if its the same thing, but i looked for “cigarette burn looking things on plants” and got leaf spot fungus. which i believe is the same thing as septoria? unsure. anyway it looks like this:

download

2 Likes

Most likely where the Cannabis contracted it from. It’s septoria aka leaf spot fungus. I suggest you carefully cutoff and bag infected leaves before it spreads. Be sure not to touch any other plants and wash up after clipping and removing the infected parts. It can spread surprisingly fast, best thing is to take care of it asap before it does.

Other than that, the plant looks good. Starting to put on some frost.

6 Likes
1 Like

All aboard!

7 Likes

I appreciate the feedback ladys and gentlemen. The spots are present on a significant amount of leaf matter, so it may already be too late. May just let mother nature take its course on one and treat the other with safer 1-3.

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

I’m stealing this… just for me. I’m printing it out and putting in my grow room.

3 Likes

I got some good sized outdoor plants and one of em looks like it has this problem all over it, the others not at all. Is the spread serious to the point I should chop it, while the others are halfway through flower? It’s got this stuff on all the leaves. The rest are roughly 3-4 weeks into flower. I’m more so worried I bring this problem to my indoor plants. Not sure how contagious.

2 Likes

@Weedison In my experience, if all the other plants are healthy and have good airflow, it will usually stay localized to the one infected plant. Last year I had a Purple Kush get it bad and it was directly surrounded by 8 other plants, none of the other ones got infected. It was toward the end of flower and I was pretty vigilant with removing afflicted leaves, but wet buds flopping on each other made it spread quick and I lost a good 1/3rd of that plant :weary: Keep the other plants pruned for good airflow and you should be okay.

Once it’s in flower the only thing you can really do is remove infected material, you don’t want to spray anything on the buds and it can be hard sometimes to only mist the leaves without it dripping onto lower nugs. If it starts advancing rapidly definitely consider chopping the whole plant, otherwise it’ll progress onto the buds and turn whole colas brown. More spots = more spores = more opportunity for it to spread to other plants, so cutting down one plant to save the many might just be the best option, should the need arise.

As long as you don’t go straight from the outdoor to your indoor, you’ll be alright. A shower and fresh clothes before tending the indoor garden is usually enough to keep away any potential disease and bugs from your outdoor contaminating your plants inside. I also filter my air intake inside for an extra layer of protection.

Edit. I think I had 2 other plants last year that got septoria too, but it wasn’t nearly as bad and both weren’t next to the Purple Kush.

3 Likes

Looks like I’ll be doing a trial-and-error study on the effects of safer 1-3 on a flowering plant. I sprayed one of them down this morning.

1 Like

Thank you, it’s definetly not too close to the others but I see it all over that one plant at this point. I definitely change clothes right when I get in from them I oughta shower for safety.

2 Likes