Lots to update, it's been a busy few days for me both in and outside of the garden.
First up are the new additions to the flower room:
They've been looking great and starting to stretch, I was going to train and LST them tonight when I spotted this on a few leaves on each plant:
It definitely looks like a pest, but also similar to the problems my mature flowering plants had/have. Lots of lower fan leaves had died or decayed on all 5 plants over the last 48 hours. I've searched the leaves for mites/aphids/thrips or any bugs with my scope as per usual, and I saw traces of what appeared to be poop from some sort of pest on the undersides of leaves as well as what looked like a very very microscopic caterpillar, maybe 0.5mm length with big antennas sitting on one of the most badly damaged leaves. I might have to ask over in sick plants to see if anyone has any clue what is causing this.
So assuming it's some sort of pest I need to make a game plan. I will chop my 3 most mature ladies who are due to be harvested very soon anyway. These plants have leaves with similar symptoms, and have had it for some time, so whatever this is must have came from them. I need to remove them from the equation and start fresh. I will sanitize my room as best as possible despite the plants still being in the room. Then I'm considering spraying my plants with something in my arsenal. It's kind of a crucial moment, since if I wait much longer they'll be too far into flower to spray with anything, and to stop the pests from spreading further out of control.
I have a few pest control products on-hand:
- Safer's End-All Miticide/Insecticide (Insectisidal soap with added pyrethrins)
- Scott's Bug-B-Gon (Insectisidal soap only)
- Diatomaceous Earth
- Some cheap permethrin/pyrethrin/piperonyl butoxide aerosols (would use this as a premise spray and not directly on plants)
I cleaned up/removed the most badly affected leaves tonight, have noted a few remaining leaves and intend to check them again at lights on tomorrow evening to see how badly the problem is progressing and hopefully have a better gameplan.
Here's some bud porn of my most mature plant:
As you can see I've been picking away at the lower popcorn stuff and have taken about 10g's from her already. I've already tried some uncured and it tasted great and had a nice relaxing and sedating high I was very impressed considering all the trouble I've had.
The others aren't quite as far along as this one, but if I've got pests I'd rather get them out before they cause any more issues for their younger siblings so we're basically at zero hour for chopping.
Ok let's finish on some better news:
We have roots!
So after 3 weeks my cuttings finally rooted, I know people say it can take up to a month but the longest I've ever waited was 11 days so I was worried. Not only did they root in my cloner, but they also rooted in the promix seeders I loaded. Now all of a sudden I have 40-50 clones I don't know what to do with
Plus my OGK bagseed seedlings:
PLUS My next project: 3xDark Devil F2 Autos from @Mr.Sparkle (Thanks fam!) These look awesome and are going outside. I can't wait to watch them grow and learn more about autos.
I soaked them on June 16th around midnight with just tapwater this time instead of SuperThrive and H2O2, by 10am the next day they had sunk so they went into the paper towel and had popped by 10am the next day, June 17th. Some fresh beans here.
Then into solo cups that night:
And tonight, June 19th: