Led grow lights

Hi guys, maybe someone know somthing alternative to spydrx from fluence? Im interested in lights like these, which can be hung in short distance above plant top? Damn, that spydrx is too expensive…

1 Like

Check out SolStips DIY LEDs. Lots of users here use them, myself included. Use the search feature and you will get lots of useful info.

3 Likes

https://m.alibaba.com/amp/product/60779284212.html

i read somewhere that they declared that is same as spydrx. is it possible?

Agreed. My best ever growing purchase to date :+1:

try 11 of these strips wired in parallel with one of these drivers and you’re all good.

2 Likes

Doubt it’s the same diodes or efficiency as Fluence. It may he a decent light for the price, but it wont be the same spectrum or diodes at that price.

2 Likes

Just looking at the photos, it appears that all of the LEDs are of the same type. E.g. No far red, etc. Hard to tell though.

Chinese vendors or knock-offs have a history of specsmanship and quality issues. So, buyer beware. Or research, research, research.

1 Like

I am new to this so bear with me. I like those LED strips you linked to. I have a question about them.

What is the wattage of them? They show 2460lm and 180 lm/w. That would be 13w per strip? That would mean I could run 12 of them safely with the that meanwell driver?

i think best option is to try both spydrx and this replica in same tent and same conditions:D

2 Likes

That would be a cool test. Or, perhaps, an expose’.

Some folk here have the ability to run PAR and spectral tests, too. But who’d want to spend more money after buying a Spydrx? :wink:

1 Like

i think im going to do this experiment in jan or feb.

1 Like

Really? Well, that’s cool and will be quite interesting.

Do you happen to have a PAR meter (or spectrometer)?

On the photo, the have listed UL certification. I believe that the certifications are available publicly. Give me some time and I’ll try to find them. Could be telling…

2 Likes

Yes, becouse i might have a project and possible that i need about 50-60 this type lamps , so if they atleast half good like spydrx i might buying them instead of spydrx. Im going to buy a PAR meter and maybe some other gadgets :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Northern_Loki

if i can build a bigger tent , i can test more than these two lights in the same enviroment.money is no problem , so i can run co2, split ac and other stuff

1 Like

Ok did a UL search at https://verify.ul.com for

nalite
na lite
Guangzhou Nalite Intelligent Lighting Appliance Co., Ltd.
Guangzhou
PL025

No results.

Also, looked for the ETL mark at https://ramuk.intertekconnect.com/WebClients/ITS/DLP/products.nsf/$$SearchQR

And, I could not find anything that matches this product or for the names listed.

Found these images on their advert which look a bit more promising:

And, they claim Samsung LEDs

Here is their claimed spectrum:

And, their claimed par map:

I could not find them in the UL or the ETL directories even though they claim many certifications:

On that alone, I would suggest taking this slowly. E.g. buy no more than one to test initially. Or, at least, look more closely than I did for the certification information.

5 Likes

Same here , only information is information in advert . So then im going to do this experiment , im going to write to you or make a post, and we discuss what i need to check on these lights or maybe on spydrx

1 Like

I bought qb boards direct from China n am very happy with them.

3 Likes

well, spyder offers several different spectrums which use various diodes … but quite positive their white light diode is just samsung LM561C same as most other PCB fixtures

i have chinese quantum boards and HLG quantum boards, same diode count, CCT, driver etc so i’ll compare soon but i’m confident they’ll be very similar

4 Likes

The big give a ways is the color of the diode in the center if theirs no real change it’s good. Also the coners have a stepping and edging that only lm561c bin s6 have.

i think tbh i received maaaybe LM561C S5, but i am positive 561C

1 Like