LED MARS Hydro 300 + 300CLF 2700K

7 Likes

Hi, I am new here and testing how to add diary about my plants :smiley: I think, than I got it :smiley:
Photo is 15 days after seed. I had a small complication, bcs I used water from aquarium, my pots had really small holes on bottom, water stuck there and my roots started die… so i took gently every plant one by one out from pots and make much more bigger holes, they had two days pause for small regeneration and grow again started… Water from aquarium was good bcs its bio soft water full of everything, but if u have bad holes and water stuck in pots, its starts rotting fastly than clear water…
My set UP:
box 60x60x160
lights Mard Hydro LED 300 and after 300W CLF bcs i need my panel for another plants :smiley:
9x Ultra Skunk Dutch Passion (1 of them is small but i belive, than he will grow up)
Water classic but used with 7 zones carbon filter EC 0,23, pH prox. 7 (I am waiting for tester, finaly today and starting with pH- to 5.8 slowly, they dont like fast pH changes)
I have coco Plagron and chem from Plagron Coco A+B+PK 14

5 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

And my carbon homemade filtr 9USD (200CZK)

5 Likes

And my joint for nice morning :stuck_out_tongue:

I am planing make from my grow box 2 levels box… I prepare two long flower pots 50x15x18 and i will add them from side to 80cm high. I will have in the middle 300CLF and on top 250W CLF… Down florr will be my ultra skunk SATIVA 60% and second flor will be 6x nice INDIKA :stuck_out_tongue: I am waiting until 15.12. bcs I will have bad visit my flat and i have to hide my plants for few hours from box :smiley: After I will put them back and add this two long pots… You will see :stuck_out_tongue:

So see ya

8 Likes

ÄŚus. Nice to see you here and welcome :slight_smile:

I am excited about the light :slight_smile: I was thinking about HYDRO MARS but then a got better one (KIND LED 600). So we can compare a bit :smiley: I also started with 60x60 box but my hight was only 120 so I had problems when they stretched in the flower. So watch out :slight_smile: but 160 shouldnt be a problem. I switched after 3rd week of growing.

Be carefull about that pH. pH 7 is really bad for the plants especialy in coco. its not problem now because the plants got some nutrients at start but you need to lower the ph very quickly so your micro element wont lock out. You can see there is a probelm on photo 1. their leaves are curled down which I think is pH problem and they dont develop as they should. I sugest Advanced nutrients because you dont have to adjust the pH :slight_smile: The pH is always around 6. depends on how much you feed them. I am using these nutrients for two weeks now and every single time I had pH 5,8 and even after 5 days it was still 5.9. I fucking love those nutes :smiley: And whats even better is that the pH stays almost the same on runoff :slight_smile:

Keep growing! :wink:

4 Likes

Zdarec, thx a lot. About pH… I had wait one week for delivering pH tester, finaly today I get it! yeah, fcking czech post ofices :smiley: … I can recomend this MARS LED, I have only one thing what is bad… Noisy fan cool inside light… I have Big Fan for outcoming air from aircondition, so it is super silent version made in Germany, price 4000CZK… But every day i woke up at 7am, bcs light starting :smiley: I saw some videos how big weed u get from MARS 300 and it was similiar like a 250W sodium… Under 300W CLF its much more bigger and maybe i will light with led panel from sides and from top 300W CLF… And here is my plan for side palnting. Middle light 300 CLF, TOP light 250 CLF… Middle pots will be inside only 10cm from outside. I want try make from minimum space maximum potencial… Filter and fancool will be on top.

4 Likes

Welcome @vhisky, looks like you figured out the journal alright. :thumbsup:

Welcome to OG, @vhisky!

Great that we can see the diary under (loved and hated) LED Mars 300. Let’s see if those ~130 watts of power consumption will translate into buds…

You probably mean CFL (compact fluorescent light << see the link for my experiment with CFLs) not CLF…? So do you plan to combine both - CFL 300W + LED Mars 130W?

1 Like

i wonder how well these screw in cobs would work - 12w each

i think you might be better off using the mars300 on top and the CFL for around the plant, because you can spread them out all around much better

1 Like

Hi Joe,
yes i mean this lamp what u using, looks rly good and near of your plants, good to see it… And Yes I want try use LED panel from sides vertical and move it every week, if it ll be to much work or hard, i will take out panel and use just for preparation of my small plants in box 40x40x80… :slight_smile: I have only 60x60cm area, so not to many options… Also if i ll see than 300W CLF and 250W clf is enough, panel will be just for growing… I thing if u want under LED good harvest, u need bigger power… I saw some panels like 400W and it was clear incoming power and looks same like under 600W sodium… but here in czech republic is harder get some stronger for good price, everybody give u 30-50% price up… Now I am sure, than this panel is absolutely best choice for small plants, so I happy than I bought him.

1 Like

Hi legalcanda,
I will have two floors box, so i need something in the middle what lighting 360´ without heating. For me whats the best? Box 120x120 area and 600W sodium :slight_smile: But now its little bit harder for space… Give me two weeks and i finish my build in da box :stuck_out_tongue: Lamp 300W is long around 40cm and my box has 60, it will be so so enougth… I dont trust in panel with 140W incoming power like main light for flowering

1 Like

you could also use PCB board LEDs - they take up very little space (as little as 1-2 inches if driver is outside box) and produce little heat and can be hung vertically or however you like - also not too expensive - @baudelaire sells some modular strip ones

2 Likes

Hi growers, finaly pH down working, finaly roots breathing and plants start grow UP. One more time they will get just clear water 5,8pH 0,25EC and next one with Plagron Coco A 0,5EC, Still have some yellow leafs, but stable and no new.

Photos 15 days after grow up.

6 Likes

New home. 7 litres pots

6 Likes

Hi, I finaly upgrade my box… Second level is ready!!! yeah, I am waiting for 6 indica clones. Now I go buy some food and continue with CFL lamps, bcs I need build something for holding, it will be fun also :)) Reflex foil between flowers is only for day lighting hours, they still haven´t too big roots and need make cocos dry. I will send here complete set up with lamps after when i finish.

5 Likes

Few days ago I used my favorite cropping FIM (fuck I missed) - cut 2/3 of last bud and yesterday I bend flowers down. I will leave them now 1 week more on period 16/8 and then 12/12. You can see on picture all set up with both lights on :slight_smile: I belive that it will be works great.

4 Likes

Looking very good brother, plants look lush and healthy.

Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Hi growers,
today is last day 16/8. All plants are 20cm high. Now I lighting with 300W CFL red and prox 140W LED. I checked prof growers and they had harvest 140g under CFL 300W and 140-150g under MARS 300, so my target is miimum 300g with combination of those two lights. I think, than 250W sodium lamp can be better next round for sure, I was just scared from high temperature, but i see stable 23´C … Also I have 400W lamp here, ready for new box 120x120cm when I finish this one. Now I light from top, when plants will be higher than side windows, I will put LED panel on left/right side vertical and move pots every watering.

6 Likes