LED recommendations for an 8x20

Who builds leds or can help me for a 8 x 20 flower room

8x20 is a big room, LEDs would require a minimum of 35 watts per square foot. At 160 square feet, you are looking at a minimum of 5,6000 watts. Even a cheap DIY solution is going to cost at least $1 a watt. Not to mention cooling and dehumidification. That’s way above my pay grade.

5 Likes

I wonder if @Baudelaire wouldn’t like a chance to comment on such a large scale op.

3 Likes

Oh really ok the canopy would be like 4 x 16

1 Like

Do we have a budget? Do you want DIY or store-bought? 4 of these would be nice - “only” $1.70 per watt:

https://fluence.science/store/vypr-series/vyprx-plus/

5 Likes

That’s definitely what I would run if I were doing a large commercial operation.

2 Likes

SolStix racks could light that space for $1/watt. We’re done several large rooms lately with the racks. Very versatile in terms of expansion. 20 six-strip racks run off of 10 HLG 480w drivers would light it nicely.

-b420

4 Likes

There you have it @Thegrowguyapple, right from the man himself.

3 Likes

Very cool thank you @ReikoX

1 Like

How many watts would it be

@Baudelaire how many watts

You would need around 80 strips for 4x16ft to be driven at circa the 30w a strip mark so around 2400w of solstrips powered by 8 hlg320h 24a drivers would be my recommendation bro

@anon58740919 thank you ill look in to it

1 Like

Basically making 8 of my setups. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah just a small thing lol

1 Like

Got a guy in the discord chat who is growing in a 5x5 with rigid strips, scrog, pulled almost 4lbs. I’ll see if I can dig up his info.

Cliff Notes:

That’s 12 strips per driver, 25w per strip. Pretty damn efficient.

2 Likes

That looks good @Jellypowered

Is the viper better than the spyder

I WANTED THE SPYDER WHEN I SAW IT IN MY GROW SHOP (SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS BUT MY’PUTER ISN’T RECONIZING LETTERS IN SMALL)

1 Like

they’re the same efficiency, just different designs. The Spyder is designed to operate closer to the canopy, the Vyper has to be higher up. Vyper’s beam angle is pretty wide though, it should be fine within a couple feet of the canopy.

3 Likes