LED_Seedz Team #5- Bodhi Tree

Day 43 Update

they are all chugging along nicely. lots of flop everywhere but they’re keeping eachother up for the most part. i tied something between the 2 front poles to hold them up while i have the door open. i’m going to need to learn to stake em up next time but they’re too big to take out of the tent to try anything now.

female 1

female 2

female 3

female 4

female 5

female 6

female 7

female 8

female 9

female 10

12 Likes

Heard another report of a plant throwing a few bananas today so please keep an eye out. Not someone online nor have I seen any pictures but I do know there is one showing up with issues. I am told it is a very fragrant one with berry tones and lots of frost.

Two people have told me they don’t care it’s that good as well. I certainly need more refinement done to get rid of that or I may just drop it if I can’t remove the issue. Keep me posted but I looked pretty close at these pics and don’t see anything showing yet.

7 Likes

all the pistils turned from white to yellowish a week or 2 ago and it freaked me out at first until i looked a bit closer. i’ll keep a close eye out. i was going to wait until tomorrow to water them even tho they kinda need it now but i better not risk stressing them out lol thanks for the heads up!

6 Likes

LED_Seedz has the best test-crew :+1:
Pardon my inability to decipher this on my own,
but can one of you guys explain to me:
Is there a difference between the Bodhi Tree in this test and the Bodhi Tree that I can buy at grow-legal?

4 Likes

If it is from @legalcanada then it is the same strain. OG

3 Likes

They are one in the same and honestly they were already tested previously to coming here. I had a few run them to give the site a good look at them. I have had 3 of about 30 or so now throw some bananas, and in each case it has been a very strong smelling, and hitting pheno, so 2 of three told me they will run it forever. lol

If it shows up for @legalcanada, I am going to pull the plug on this strain and call it a day.

4 Likes

I have some ordered anyway :+1:
I meant to only highlight the quote about it having “berry tones”. I’ve seen enough testing to be confident that I won’t have a problem.

5 Likes

no issues so far yet knock on wood and no signs of seeds forming, at least in the top colas. a few are getting red pistils or calyxes, i think on the sativa leaning ones. i cut the food in half a week or so ago to maybe 2-2.5 EC. they all seemed to have a berry-ish tone before but i think a couple are getting a hint of pine and a couple citrus or something.

the 2 plants i took cuttings from during flower are putting out roots now. 16 days just sitting in a cup of water is pretty good imo, i used rooting gel this time. also my fountain pump showed up in the mail so next time i’ll compare aerocloner vs a cup of water.

9 Likes

Day 49 of 12/12
My cell phone camera kept shutting down due to overheating so i had to pull out the digital cam… sorry some of the pics are a little blurry and i didn’t notice until now. probably about 2 weeks to go… i think 1 or 2 plants was unhappy with me cutting the food from 15-16 g/gal to 8 g/gal over night so i bumped those ones back up a bit.

female 6 and 9 were early favorites for the amount of frost but number 10 has really packed it on lately. 6 and 9 are both short and squat whereas 10 is easily the biggest plant in the tent. can’t wait to smoke test them all.

female 1

female 2

female 3

female 4

female 5

female 6

female 7

female 8

female 9

female 10

18 Likes

Good job amigo!!! Which is your favorite until now?

5 Likes

Nice frost production.

Looking fine @legalcanada

4 Likes

damn. ver’ nahs. almost started trimming my monitor. :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:
c.s

4 Likes

damn having some bud flop issues… mostly fixed it when the lights went out. pics to come tomorrow!

there’s a cannabis cup in my city near the end of june which would give me ~5 weeks from harvest to dry and cure… if i do a good job on the cure and it’s burning clean i may enter (if i still can and it doesn’t cost too much). also going to inquire about cost of judging and sponsoring

9 Likes

best of luck with that. make OG proud. :slight_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Enter regardless, you can’t win it if you aren’t in it. Get that first one over with and some experience under your belt.

2 Likes

ok so there’s no fee for entry and they must be submitted by june 10th… but you have to send in 56 grams… i guess we’ll see how much i pull from my fav plants… you get a free weekend pass for entering at least

6 Likes

Day 57 since flip. I looked with the loupe the other day and was mostly cloudy with no amber yet. last week i cut their food in half (~15-16g/gal -> 8g/gal) and this last week i think i’ll do water only or maybe 2-4 g/gal. i also noticed today my back 2 boards were out so i replaced the driver.

was having some bud flop in the back of the tent and the whole tent is kinda leaning forward… not much longer to go tho…

heres my fix. i cut up a plastic trellis net as i didnt have fishing line or string or anything else to use. worked OK i guess. next time i wont be vegging so long or maybe try out tomato cages.

bodhi tree 1

bodhi tree 2

bodhi tree 3

bodhi tree 4

bodhi tree 5 - i like the way this ones foxtailing all up the main cola, not sure if the pic shows it well but its the only one doing it so far… i cranked the light up to max for this last week to try encouraging more foxtailing

bodhi tree 6

bodhi tree 7

bodhi tree 8 - this one started fading on its own a week or 2 ago but only the main cola, maybe just calcium deficiency or something

bodhi tree 9

bodhi tree 10 - i think this is my favorite… the tallest and lots of frost.

plants 1, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 10 are all taller, while plants 2, 3, 6 and 9 are shorter. but it works out all 6 plants on the outside of the rows are taller and the 4 on the inside of the rows are shorter so i don’t know if it’s phenotypic or environmental.

i also had rootbound issues early in veg and also vegged them entirely too long. i plan on running all 10 plants a second time from clone and flipping them much earlier. i have 2-3 clones from each plant, 25 in total. the cuttings for plants 7 and 9 were taken during flower (monster cropping?) so i think that may cause extra vigorous growth…

16 Likes

It ALL looks very good. Very sweet grow. Soooooooo frosty. Healthy looking clones. Rocking it out @legalcanada

3 Likes

oh yeah, you know it’s a good crop when you have to tie them to the tent poles! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

my dang scissors musta slipped and clipped this lower off one of them yesterday :slight_smile: this was best macro shot i could get

12 Likes