LEDSeedz Team #2 -- 9LB Hammer x Starfighter

For those that don’t know, LEDSeeds created these beautiful 9 Pound Hammer x Starfighter seeds, and requested three lucky people to run them. This is where Team Two comes in. Consisting of Argo “The Gorilla,” Ganjajuana “Beastmode,” and myself, “The Sauce Guy,” our mission is to document these plants as they mature, and try to gain insights into any kinks in the armor, or diamonds in the rough.

The starting line is the first of the year so we’re still a ways away, but the farm will be running a living soil that really prefers to be woken up early so I’m getting that done today. Our mother plant has been on a water only diet in a pro-mix based soil for a couple months now, and is showing a clear potassium deficiency, a slight shortage of calcium, and a high water holding capacity.
These will be addressed with three additions: Coco chips, Eggshells, and Seaweed.

Now Team Two. We were given these seeds free of charge, and we have only one obligation fellas, document. No such thing as too many pictures, good, bad, or fugly. If possible, let’s get each plant clearly numbered or named, and photographed individually on a set schedule. Bonus points for color coding. Lmao.

@LED_Seedz does this cross have a name yet?

11 Likes

Really liked some 9 Lb Hammer I had recently. I also received a male that has made the rounds with good results. I have a good feeling about this run already.

3 Likes

It does not. I won’t name anything until I have seen it run. I need to see that it will run clean, and if so I will meditate on the descriptions and see.

I actually made this one to include as a freebie with one of my IBL lines unless it shocks the world at which point it will be in line to be line bred.

Best of luck guys!

6 Likes

How about, “Hammered Han Solo.” Ha! Ha! Sorry i couldn’t help myself. :grin:

3 Likes

I don’t mean to break nuts, but does team 2 really have Titanium Testes?

The little pencil edit feature works up there too!

3 Likes

I was waiting for that. Ha! Ha!

2 Likes

Well, I am your man. The number of typos etc on this site gives me willies. It’s me I know.

4 Likes

But was it a typo? Ha! Ha!

2 Likes

Ya, that’s what I meant by “etc”.

Still laughing, ribs hurt!

3 Likes

Changed that a lil. Now it sort of matches the other four teams.
:wink:

Also, these can start whenever. The Deadline to start is the 1st of Jan.

4 Likes

Grown ups always ruining the fun! :grin:

5 Likes

All I could think of was

4 Likes

No typo :imp:

3 Likes

What a way to make a living!

3 Likes

Team 2 dirt farmer checking in. I have 8 plants going in my flower tent right now. They take about 8 weeks to finish so I will be starting my test grow in about 3 weeks so I will have the tent empty by the time the test plants have had 5-6 weeks veg from seed.

Giddy Up! @Worcestershire_Farms @argo945 @LED_Seedz

6 Likes

I have got to get in on this next round. Still testing my Durban Poison and pheno hunting Ancestral Skunk #.

Good vibes fellas. :popcorn: :movie_camera:

8 Likes

Hey @ReikoX do you have any durban beans you might want to trade? I have been working a durban for awhile i have it at f3 it was from a Hemcy durban poison. I love the durban.

4 Likes

Dude, Durban Poison is the most productive weed I’ve ever come across. I’m currently trying to amass the various Durbans as well, great mind kinda situation. Lmao.

4 Likes

I dropped all five in water. If testing goes well they should appear on seedbay.

5 Likes

Hey fellas, hope all is well, I originally planned to send this as a couple PMs but more people involved might spur an idea that would otherwise go unnoticed. Was thinking of ways to test the plants in order to get the most useful information out of them, and wanted to see what everyone else is planning.

The first idea on the farm was to start veg at the same time for all 12 seeds, and stagger the start date of flower. The good side – we get to see how she reacts to 12/12 from seed, and when she reaches maturity. The downside to this approach is the difficulties of cloning young plants, and the smaller sample size giving less useful information.

The preferred plan is currently to veg well into preflowering and try to glean as much information as possible about each plant, before budding. The upside is that the males will be able to strut their stuff and actually put on a show rather than be removed from the game as soon as their balls start to drop. The downside is, six plants may get a bit excessive around week seven. And when the males are removed, so will ~30% of each female, to be fermented and labelled Soylent Green.
At that point, the second batch of six can be started and the process repeated.

Comments, criticisms?
Teams #1 thru #6, not on a team, all thoughts are welcome

6 Likes