LEDSeedz test log team #1 Starfighter IBL

It’s compost extract made from fresh worm compost out of my worm bin. I put some handfuls in the filter bag for making compost teas. But, instead of brewing it for 24-48 hours I just mead it around with my hands to extract the biology plus and humic/fulvic acids created from it. Normally I’ll mead it and at times repeat the process until the water starts to form what looks like white foam and use for whatever after that point.

9 Likes

I prefer use it over a compost tea for watering because I can get higher concentrations of upper tier biology like nematodes, flagellates, fungal hyphae.

6 Likes

I am still waiting on the mail, but, team 1, we got this in the bag amigos.

my idea for my seeds is as follows;
seeds will be placed in bottled water for 12-24 hours
germinated seeds will be placed in rockwool cubes

Cubes to hydroton or bigger cubes.

4 Likes

Friendly reminder for @Uncle_Al and @Herbie today is the day to drop/crack the beans if you haven’t already. @Viva_Mexico Is still waiting on snail mail I believe.

5 Likes

All the beans I soaked sank within 8 hours of soaking them on my end.

6 Likes

All 12 beans on a pH corrected moist paper towel, next step fold it up.

Closed up in zippy bag
We will check in 24 hrs or so

6 Likes

@LED_Seedz So after about a week we’ll call it 8/10 germination. Two aren’t doing anything and the eleventh seed gremlins stole along with a rather important piece to my hand sprayer. Both of which are still MIA.
Two of the seedling look good, the other six look a little weird. Hopefully it’s not a prelude to some funky mutation and they grow out of it.

PS… It was unintentional that the first two pics link up so well, but for OCD people out there. You’re welcome lol

6 Likes

Certainly interesting looking. I’ll get some of these going as well and see what I see.

5 Likes

What happened to the two plants that aren’t growing is common but usually only in older seeds. The main stem breaks off inside more or less topping itself without any nodes to branch. The stem is in the very middle and being the last to absorb water can still be dry. When it gets pushed to grow it snaps. Maybe just from being shipped in winter the rapid change in temps and low humidity?

3 Likes

Interesting! :hushed:

3 Likes

They all have long tap roots, so to prevent any damping off issues in gonna put them in smaller containers with some living soil. They’ll stay in the dome till they get a little bigger

3 Likes

Germination count 0/12
Germ ratio 0%
Sprouts. 0
Damp offs 0

We look again tomorrow morning

2 Likes

So tonight I check on things and all my beans have cracked open. So I do the diligent thing and get them into 16 oz. Cups of soil. Now I have to clarify something and that is somehow I have physically lost one seed to the great ethereum. No I don’t know precisely when but it had to be during opening or closing the paper towel.

Germination 11/12. (1 lost.)
Germination ratio- 91%
Germination time = @ 36 hrs
11 down in soil
Plain tap water = 7pH

Well let’s see how fast the heads come back out.

7 Likes

Hey @Uncle_Al,

What’s with the cup inside a cup?

Are they soaking?

4 Likes

Lets hope for a good bunch of gals. The second cup may just be there to catch any run off, keeps the tent clean.
Peace OG

5 Likes

@Uncle_Al I had the same thing happen.
@99PerCent the inner cup is clear and the outer is dark. It allows you the ability to look at the root growth without the need to physically mess with the soil.

6 Likes

Well precisely as predicted, it is a clear cup that allows me to keep track of both moisture and root development. The opaque cup blocks light from the roots. Theoretically this arrangement will allow me to up pot without waiting too long or doing it too soon

6 Likes

Surprising to me that this is something that you can’t buy from the grow store yet. Seems like a great idea.

The old school.

We’ll catch up some day, right? :wink:

99%

1 Like

This morning I have six heads back up from dirt, I also have a piece of root going in the wrong direction. So that’s seven out of eleven practically overnight. You can only see four out of seven I put a little dirt back over the other three, they were all a little exposed so I gave them a little top.four out of seven have lost the seed coat and have the membrane peeling back . 4 are deploying the cotyledons

9 Likes