LEDSeedz test log team #1 Starfighter IBL

hot soil? maybe? I have had some do that to me with some warm recipes.

4 Likes

FYI I have been able to recreate your issue with out too much trouble. Not only are the sensitive to too much dampness in the beginning, they also do not like to be chilled AT ALL. I moved all the ones I started for germ testing to a different area which has been staying between 66 and 68 and with in a week have gotten them to do that same thing with the weird looking leaves.

I saved a couple and moved them in to a warmer area to see if they bounce back or just die off which is what I expect them to do now. Not sure why Murphy put that rule about extreme genetics being extreme to run, or the strongest plants never yielding much.

In any event, wanted to update and let you know Starfighter is still a sensitive little girl that needs love and much tenderness.
:head_bandage:

12 Likes

Very interesting thanks for the insight. I put them next to the clones in the nursery without a dome. They should be fine now, hopefully.

7 Likes

Starfighter IBL update: things are cool so far had to top off a couple roots I thought were too exposed, just top off with soil and water. Next water will be first feeding of 1/4 strength Jack’s professional 20/20/20 so the mix will really be like 5/5/5 by concentration.

Third set of leaves all the way around (some smaller) and a couple of yellowing cotyledons. No bugs no leaf spots no one laying in the dirt

9 Likes

Ok I lied I just hit them with plain water this morning, tonight I will rehit the cups with the super soft nutrient mix for a super light feeding

3 Likes

I empathise with you @Viva_Mexico , I’m in uk & have been waiting on testers (not LedSeedz) since 4th December 2017…
Hopefully you’ll get it soon bro ,
Gaz

3 Likes

You’re on it already :+1:
But I see the same symptoms in clones that have been under a dome too long.

2 Likes

I transplanted all six remaining younglings into 1 gallon fabric pots. They all had quite a bit of roots coming out the bottom of the cups. They’re only about 3"x3"x4".

10 Likes

Hey @Uncle_Al, you beat me fair and square in the challenge, shold we do another, i’ll run it. Easily and more openly this time. But, you helped me save my first harvest when i did the flushing and they bounced back, and you even offered to help me thru PMs; i really appreciate it bro. You saved me, and i wish you the best of luck in your upcoming grows.

I will make it harder for you next time around, promise! :trophy:

HppHrvst

5 Likes

I had a nice batch of seeds that came from @madscientist 5 all broke and cracked.
None lived they look too big as regular seeds idk how big they grow up to 12" in height and approximate weight unknown i was shooting for 5 to 7 grams per seed but up wards of 6-8 oz.They won’t in cold weather they won’t break through the dirt even happy frog soil.

1 Like

Those were the same BubbleGum i ran and harvested bro. They were big seeds yes, but i think their ruderalis is low, so… Anyway, sorry to hear, how about the Aurora Indica’s?

@DavesNotHere i am loving the rice husks on the plants, like mulch. Looks clean.

1 Like

Seeds that i cracked they were reg too large of a diameter of a seed i could not grow @MadScientist.

1 Like

Had to water my plants this morning, found some yellowing. Applied first feeding at 1/4 typical full strength. Post up some pics later tonight

2 Likes

Hi @Uncle_Al is that 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of water?
I love Jack’s fertilizers…probably my all time favorite… I have been using it for many years and many many crops.
I usually start seedlings on 1/4 teaspoon per gallon and then more as they grow up.
I like to feed with each and every watering.

Yup 1/4 tbsp/gal. Mixed in 4 gallon lots.

1 Like

Some are bigger, some are wrinkly and some have yellow.
Should have fed them a little sooner. Let’s see how well I recover. Two or three are ready to up pot.

8 Likes

Let’s look at some roots

10 Likes

Not to rub things in, but what do roots of a less healthy plants look like @Uncle_Al?

What does an unhealthy root look like? It will be gray/brown in color, and some times have mushy spots like boiled out angel hair pasta instead of firm bright white fibrous strands.
Looking at the roots confirms health status ,watering level and helps prevent being rootbound

4 Likes

I mean show us the spoiled stuff too!

I know what they look like, from tremendous personal experience, lol.

99%

2 Likes