LEDSeedz Testing Grass Monkey F2 🐒

All 55 days of bloom. Lol.
I love how this strain packs the weight in such a short time.

3 Likes

Grass Monkey seedlings are happy being under the SolStrips. They got plain RO water today, just like the rest of my garden. I really don’t like the Steep Hill GenKit labels, they get in the way and make it awkward to water. The Phylos ones came with normal plastic plant stakes.

11 Likes

Watered the monkees tonight.

Now at 4g per gallon, 1.75EC / Approx 800ish Ppm.
2 gallons split between 6 plants as evenly as possible in effort to saturate the media for preparation of my new watering scheme.

Finished building out my newish way to water the plants. I’m still using blumats but I added “distribution” drippers.

8 Likes

Jelly that @Jellypowered has such huge plants already… most of us are sitting back on the second set of leaves growing and his are growing like a beanstalk in a fairy tale

5 Likes

Doesn’t look like any of you guys are monkeying around at all. Great start and green mojo to all of you.

7 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Chat room (let’s chat!) :speech_balloon:

A post was merged into an existing topic: LEDSeedz Strains and Seed drop info

rough update March 3, 2018
Everything with second set of leaves, all plants between 2 and 3.5 inches in height except 1 sitting at almost 4"
The stretchy one

This one will some life in the soil

Growth is good… nothing crazy vigorous yet… a few variations in leaves but we’ll see where that goes… pots are still pretty heavy and the top, maybe 1/8" is starting to dry up so no need to water yet…

8 Likes

12 days :monkey:

14 Likes

I just love the baby pictutes! Healthy specimens fo sho bro! Good Growin’ my friend @Roux. Good Growin!

3 Likes

Looking good brother, green mojo.

2 Likes

Little monkeys growing up quick…All are shedding their stem membrane (what is the proper term?) into adolescence stage now.

Do you guys have 1st and 2nd set leaves that are Jurassic in size?

This one decide to skip the 3 finger leaf and went for the 5 finger leaf on the 2nd set of leaves

10 Likes

Could be a beast in the making. Love those “skillet leafs!” I’m gonna scratch out a warm spot and watch this one. Onward @Roux!
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Yea no lol my second set is just opening fully and the third is there… mine would be Jurassic if it just hatched out of an egg haha…

But those are looking good… got an hour til the lights come on but it’s almost time to start feeding and see how they go from there…

This megacrop is phenomenal with feedings… I haven’t burned anything with it yet and I crank it pretty high

5 Likes

Hello everyone! It’s time for a full update with all the info. Won’t post another update until next week unless something amazing happens haha.

Hard Data:

Seeds were direct sown on 2/15/2018 at approx 8:30 PM CST.
Current age: 17 Days. (4MAR2018)
Growing Medium: Virgin Royal Gold Tupur.
Container: 1 Gallon Smart Pots.
Lighting: 300w JellySol
Space Temp and RH: 85° F and 31% RH.
Nutes and Amount Used: 1.75 EC/850 PPM Greenleaf Nutrients MegaCrop.
PH: 5.5 in, Runoff PH was 6.5 (just dipped my meter in the tray full of water haha)

Notes: On the last update the little monkees were showing deficiencies so I bumped up the food level to 4g per gallon, and they are returning to a darker green. I am pretty sure I caught it in time to not have permanent damage. A quick note on the temp, I have my sensor mounted level with my solstrip array. My fans temp probe says it never gets above 80 at canopy level. Watering has switched to blumats, so from now on, batches of nutes are mixed in 5 gallon increments. If everyone would like I can state grams per gallon used or just grams per batch.

Money Shot(s):

10 Likes

Grass Monkey seedlings are doing their thing. Last night they got fed TM-7 and a Yucca FPE, just like the rest of my garden. The TM-7 is has humic acids along with the 7 major trace minerals. The yucca FPE is mainly used for the saponins, as a wetting agent.

13 Likes

Hydro Grass Monkey (Update 3/06/18)

Operations Report:

All sprouts are growing very rapidly. They still remain short with no stretching. Leaves are above average in size, and the color is a deep forest green. The main stalk directly above the cotyledons is thickening and secondary growth shoots are starting to develop on all the sprouts.

The root systems are strong and healthy, with a little bit of brown staining on the root structures from the nutrients. Will be tying the roots into a ball to keep them separated. The reservoir is due tomorrow for a change and some new nutrients.

Mishap during maintenance today, leaf tip broke off of GM#1 and GM#6. Expecting full recovery.

Data Analytics:

Air Temp: 68ºf (20ºc)
Humidity: 50%
Water Temp: 70ºf (21ºc)

Light Type: LED 150w SolStrip X1 Light System
Light Cycle: 24 / 0
Light Power: 80%
Light Height: 15 inches (38cm)

Hydro System: 10 gallon reservoir DWC
Water Type: Reverse Osmosis
Water PH: 5.9 pH
Water PPM: 250 ppm @ 0.5
Water Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora 3-part + Additives

Plant Duration: Germ: 4.5 days / Veg: 15 days
Canopy Height: 3 inches (8cm)

GM#1:

GM#2:

GM#3:

GM#4:

GM#5:

GM#6:

click the pictures for zoom
9 Likes

impressive! this is a great show of the power of hydro in the right hands. Absolutely mutant seedling growth rate!

6 Likes

That is were mine are too.
Mine are in Happy Frog/perlite in solo cups.
They are still on water only
The did get a dose of micro bio
They are still under a Single T5 light…

5 Likes

If I remember correctly… Grass Monkey showed sex in about 6th week of veg from seed… I don’t remember having to place them in flower to sex them…
she’s gonna stack well and be super frosty.

11 Likes