I’ve just been adding epsom salt. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Pulling up a chair to watch and learn :spy:

2 Likes

I ordered botanicare calmag + from Amazon at like 15$ I think

2 Likes

Hydro Grass Monkey (Update 3/17/18)

Operations Report:

Removed bottom fan leaves that developed rapid cellular necrosis due to ozone toxicity. Ozone levels were immediately adjusted. All plants recoved with in a few days minus damaged leaves.

All the plants were topped and secondary growth shoots are extending up the majority of the canopy. There is a slight unevenness to the canopy due to GM#2 and GM#3 being smaller than the majority.

Leaves are chunky and fibrous, they transpire regularly causing the RH% 70+.

They offer a sharp chlorophyll grassy smell with slight hints of sweet lemon citrus. Should be able to see the primordials form over the next weeks.

Data Analytics:

Air Temp: 68ºf (20ºc)
Humidity: 75%
Water Temp: 72ºf (22ºc)

Light Type: LED 150w SolStrip X1 Light System
Light Cycle: 24 / 0
Light Power: 100%
Light Height: 12 inches (30cm)

Hydro System: 10 gallon reservoir DWC
Water Type: Reverse Osmosis
Water PH: 5.7 pH
Water PPM: 400 ppm @ 0.5
Water Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora 3-part + Additives

Plant Duration: Germ: 4.5 days / Veg: 26 days
Canopy Height: 6 inches (15cm)

GM#1:

GM#2:

GM#3:

GM#4:

GM#5:

GM#6:

click the pictures for zoom
12 Likes

Wow @Roux! Remarkable growth! I declare you the “Hydro Honcho”
Good Growin’ my brother. :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

I hope you have a hacksaw. Those are some beefy tree trunks you got going there.

3 Likes

March 17th 2018… 25 days from sprout, 28 from germination
These were the monkeys 2 days ago

Then I hit them with 3.5ml of calmag+/gallon and have them a good drink… today they look alot better and have had a growth spurt

This one also has a little something something to show me today too

9 Likes

It’s still early but those look pretty tight to the bracket. The starfighter IBL’s sat at that stage until I switched them. Hopefully the monkeys aren’t as stubborn.

1 Like

Hoping so… wanted to use the loupe since I haven’t had any good closeups lately

1 Like

:joy: love it. Thanks good buddy!

Haha, yes! Growing Trees :evergreen_tree:

Thanks for your guys support!!

1 Like

:four_leaf_clover: Happy St. Paddy’s Day to you all. Good day for a update
I had the six :monkey: sexed at PHYLOS Bioscience:

#1 Female
#2 Female
#3 Male?
#4 Male
#5 Male
#6 Male
They said #3 is out side female range & male range. They say it could be because of strain or cross contamination. Seeing I tested in order, one at a time and cleaning with alcohol, I am pretty sure it is a Male as the first two I tested were female.

Moved 1&2 females into 3gal fabric pot,
new soil @ReikoX helped me make
watered in with ful-power 15ml per gal
Water ph 6.5
Light Sun Blaze 21 (1-T5 blub 24 watt)
Themp: 72-78
RH: ~38-48
Roots on #1&2

8 Likes

Look at you go!! Looks Good! Can’t wait to see them get bigger

5 Likes

That sex testing is very cool!

They are going to love their new bigger pots…That will get them to take off! :airplane_departure:

4 Likes

These are the 3 boys that have to go. I cant bring myself to do it yet.

The thee untested Hurkle and the maybe boy GM.

4 Likes

Weekly Update Time:

Hard Data:

Seeds were direct sown on 2/15/2018 at approx 8:30 PM CST.
Current age: 30 Days. (18MAR2018)
Nutes and Amount Used: Plain Tap Water
PH: 5.7

Notes Lowered wattage to 200w
Drastic measures have been taken in Cabinet land! ALL HANDS ON DECK! THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
I figured the plants can’t breathe, they aren’t getting airflow, and tbh the wrinkly leaves were just pissing me off.

All the monkeys got a haircut tonight.

Money Shot(s):

GM1

GM2

GM3

GM4

GM5

GM6

Additional Notes: My res had a brown algae bloom… I guess I didn’t clean the transfer bucket well enough, some spent coco must have made it into my res and wreaked havoc. That’s part of why my blumats were all screwed up, I’m hand watering for now, but my cab is being converted into flood and drain within the next week.

I know there’s a lot of pictures, but I wanted everyone to see how much I took off each plant. GM1 and GM4 you almost can’t tell I did anything except for the fact you can now see the coco. The STEMS on these fan leaves can get pretty freakin huge! I’ve never seen stems this big. Since this is probably a pretty big stress on them, everyone else’s should catch up nicely, I don’t like being bigger than everyone else, I got performance anxiety haha.

-Jelly-

4 Likes

I think the leaf structure is genetic because everyone’s seem to get oddly huge and crinkly after a certain point… I’m surprised at how bushy they got so quick…

I think so far though everyone but @G-paS has trimmed up the monkeys… I did this morning to keep leaves off the soil and thinned abit to make way for secondaries climbing to light

3 Likes

@G-paS, Hah, I haven’t killed off my boys either. They are still sitting in one of my flowering cabinets until they show me some flowers. I don’t think I will be collecting any pollen, nothing stands out.

@Jellypowered, they only look so big because of the small hands… er… I mean… containers. Hehe…

@toastyjakes, I haven’t taken any leaves either. Well I guess if you count the tip of the first true leaves I took for testing.

2 Likes

I have had 11 females through and not seen a single leaf that looks like these. Judging solely by the pics I would guess over fed with too much moisture. Not enough air transfer which is causing transpiration which is also causing the rust spots as well.

You can see in this pic from G-paS that the leaves are indeed laying flat which is a good sign these are right where they need to be.

RH always plays a part in grows this time of year because the air is so dry the root try and take in too much water to compensate. That in turn sort of force feeds them.

I bet if you could somehow get the RH more like 50 to 60% these would eat a little more normal and those leaves would flatten out and start facing upwards. That downward clawing is full blown sign these are sitting too wet in the root zone. I would back the food off and use some plain water at a 1/2 tsp of epson salt and provided you can get the RH closer these should bounce back in a week.

Funny enough most wouldn’t think RH plays that big a role, but this time a year it seems to effect lots of growers who are not in controlled facilities.

10 Likes