LEDSeedz Testing Grass Monkey F2 🐒

I think you will be happy to transplant and wait a bit more. This is not a competition or a race. By the way, those :beetle::beetle: look pretty sexy in there.

4 Likes

Grass Monkey is really starting to fill out the cab. They are super healthy and vigorous, one of the advantages of running seeds IMO. The clones in the cloner are starting to sprout some roots after 7 days. I’ll give them some time to get bigger, then transplant them.

7 Likes

Update April 2, 2018
Today I’m dunking the remaining 6 grass monkeys

Hopefully I can get a couple more monkeys swinging in my tent

12 Likes

TY @LED_Seedz! I appreciate all the likes and comments as I was feeling I felled compared to yours.
Based on a call I got today I will be flipping today. My 83 year old husband (yes he is older and the love of my life) with Alzheimer had to take a take a drug test for his chronic pain, new law in MI. He only has used CBD edibles and hasn’t for awhile. He had to use Norco when I took him on a cruise as CBD wasn’t allowed. He hadn’t taken either for days but, MMJ showed and Norco didn’t so they cut him off. Now Monkey need to produce sooner.
I still have the other six seeds and can buy more right?
12/12 day one. for 2 :girl::girl::monkey::monkey:

7 Likes

Wondering if I opps. I put the GM in with the Hurkle that have been in12/12 for 2 week. The led is best for only 3X3 and I have 4X4 so I took the T5 22 to put over them. Is added a different spectrum going to mess up the Hurks. Should I pull the T5 and get another of the LED in there or just pull the T5 or leave both???

I have 4 Hurks in the back under the LED 2 are tall and 2 shorter
than;
GM in front under T5

3 Likes

Hydro Grass Monkey (Update 4/03/18)

Operations Report:

Sex is unconfirmed
the plants are showing but no definite signs from the pre-flowers.

Stems are 1 inch thick at the base, and roots are healthy. Training has helped however, they are out growing their space and will need to cull the males within the week to free up the females.

Very little interaction from me for these monkeys, as I am not on premise with the grow operation but only every 3 - 4 days.

Data Analytics:

Air Temp: 68Âșf (20Âșc)
Humidity: 65%
Water Temp: 72Âșf (22Âșc)

Light Type: LED 150w SolStrip X1 Light System
Light Cycle: 24 / 0
Light Power: 100%
Light Height: 12 inches (30cm)

Hydro System: 10 gallon reservoir DWC
Water Type: Reverse Osmosis
Water PH: 5.8 pH
Water PPM: 900 ppm @ 0.5
Water Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora 3-part + Additives

Plant Duration: Germ: 4.5 days / Veg: 43 days
Canopy Height: 16 inches (40cm)

10 Likes

@G-paS
What kind of light are you using exactly? There are tons of lights out there that will not do as they say. I hate for you to make an investment you don’t need to do, but without proper lighting you will be chasing your tail.

T5’s work and the product is always good. Yield however will suffer dramatically.

5 Likes

I have used the SunBlaze 22 T5 in the veg room. My first grow I went CHM 315 veg bulb, LED than back to CHM 315 flower bulb all while in flower. I was warned but had already f’d up and along with the sudden heat climb drop (50-60 in 24hrs) they hermied and pollinated themselves. So now I’m afraid to mess with spectrums in flower.

I had this in the flower tent for all the Hurks 12/12.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LQ9Z68/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I rather spend the money on something better but if I need the same thing to keep them happy, I will have this in a couple days.

4 Likes

If you can keep it cool, the CMH will blow away both of those lights combined. It seems like this unit only uses 110-120 watts, they claim it replaces a 1000w HPS (marketing hype).

3 Likes

I do not know this brand, but I do know that Amazon has a fairly inexpensive light that I will link below. That said I am sure that this is one of these lights I was talking about. No one is getting a thousand watts for $108 bucks. Should be a lot closer to a buck a watt.

As for any chances of of a hermie happening from a light spectrum, that’s just not going to happen at least not with quality genetics. Internet rumors created by a bunch of guys who don’t know their ass from a hole in the ground. Same guys that created a pin hole excuse when the moon exposes plants in nature on the daily, and at different times during the dark cycle.
:rolling_eyes:

Again, yield is going to be the issue. Honestly for now I would put your plants closer together and raise the light to about 2 feet above the plants and see how things do.

Maybe add one of these and see how you do:

They also make one a little larger.

3 Likes

That was the problem last time I couldn’t keep it cool and hopefully it will warm up here before they are done.

It was just one that was in a couple “best of 2017 reviews”

Will do. TY both

5 Likes

Or Just buy solstripX kit with 250w high quality leds and you are set to grow the Best plants :slight_smile: www.solstrip.com

1 Like

Can you post some links to your solstrip grows for us to see please?

5 Likes

Search of the little monkey today yielded positive I believe

I think I have a female for sure now @LED_Seedz😊

Though the serrations on the leaves are curling up a bit, but I think the fan blowing right at it from the side had something to do with that but any thoughts would be appreciated

8 Likes

Yes, please sir, I am very interested to see them for myself.

1 Like

Yeah! what size pot is that for reference please.

3 Likes

5 gal
debated on that or 3 gal but figured id give more space for roots

3 Likes

So, I’m down to only 2 Females. That’s ok, i’ll be able to show ya’ll just what I can do now.

I will post female shots this weekend once they’ve recovered from me neglecting them a lil bit. (They got thirsty)

Male shots:

Warning: Neglected plants inside

Edit: Fixed just for you @oleskool830

3 Likes

Neglected?!!! They look like torture victims! I have to question your attention to detail my brother! Are you angry at those plants? WTF? Why would you post those tragic pictures? They should come with a warning that they may be disturbing to some growers! Jesus man! :cowboy_hat_face: much love!

3 Likes

No sir, not in the least bit. I just have a very busy life and sometimes, I have to weigh the merits of wifey accidently killing a plant or me letting them get thirsty. The females will bounce back, they weren’t crispy. Just thirsty, real thirsty. Like a very neglected partner in a one sided relationship lol.

4 Likes