LEDSeedz Testing Grass Monkey F2 🐒

Let time be your tester.

:timer:

5 Likes

Really? You can try Phylos biosciences, but they are a bit more :money_with_wings:

3 Likes

Hard Data:

Seeds were direct sown on 2/15/2018 at approx 8:30 PM CST.
Growing Medium: Virgin Royal Gold Tupur.
Container: 1 Gallon Smart Pots.
Lighting: 300w JellySol
Space Temp and RH: 82° F and 30% RH.
Nutes and Amount Used: .9 EC/495 PPM Greenleaf Nutrients MegaCrop.
PH: 5.5

Notes: @LED_Seedz So, I have 3 that have broken ground, of those 3 one is for sure out of its seed husk. a little light digging confirms all seeds have germinated. 6/6 in 4 days, direct sown.

Money Shot:
Sorry for the unfocused part, the camera wanted to shoot my media instead of the sprout.

Really hard to tell, but the other two that have broken soil look like the one circled.

TLDR Version: 4 days after 6 seeds were direct sown, all have germed, 3 have broken through the top of the coco.

9 Likes

Grass Monkey starting to burst out of their plugs. Some are a tad on the dry side, will keep misting them. @G-Pas asked me about why I used Ful-power, kelp, and aloe to soak my plugs. I though it was worth posting in here.

24 hours later…

73-82°F
42-61%RH

16 Likes

February 20, 2018
All have popped through the soil!! One still working on getting it’s helmet off but they’re doing fine!

11 Likes

Hydro Grass Monkey (Update 2/20/18)

Edit: removed non relevant information

Operations Report:

64 hours passed since I dropped them in water, moved them between paper towels, and all 6 tap roots have emerged from their shell, so they were placed into the buffered rockwool cubes and placed in net pots filled with hydroton. Then finally they went into the veg tent into there DWC home.

It took another 44 hours before we had all 6 of our emerging seedlings show themselves. 100% germination in 108 hours (4.5 days) :smile: I have all 6 pictured down below as they came up early this morning. The taproots will have the light nutrient food from when I soaked the rockwool until it finds its way out, then it will be feeding from the reservoir.

And since I see all the cotyledon are opening and green. I will claim this day 1 of vegetation of these 6 grass monkeys. So enough of the blah blah blah…

Data Analytics:

Air Temp: 70f / 21c
Humidity: 60%
Water Temp: 72f / 22c

Light Type: LED 150w SolStrip X1 Light System
Light Cycle: 24 / 0
Light Power: 70%

Hydro System: 10 gallon reservoir DWC
Water Type: Reverse Osmosis
Water PH: 5.6 pH
Water PPM: 335 ppm @ 0.5
Water Nutrients: CALiMAGic / Armor SI / FloraMicro / FloraGro / FloraBloom / Floralicious Plus / RapidStart / Diamond Nector / H2o2@3%

Plant Duration: Germ: 4.5 days / Veg: 1 day
Canopy Height: 0 inches (0cm)

Medium: Rockwool / Hydroton
Containers: 3 inch Net Pots

click the pictures for zoom
17 Likes

Looking good brother and fosure a nice report on your testing progress with good pic’s, very nice work man. :evergreen_tree::fire:

5 Likes

Thank @Kraven means a lot, I’m pretty sure you were the one who told me how to macro shoot with a 2.1 megapixel camera, many many many years ago (original OG I think?). I’ve been seeing your work for many years brother. Pictures inspire :+1:

3 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tips for Macro shooting

Now that’s oleskool! :cowboy_hat_face: :v:

4 Likes

He said as he hung up his bag phone… :telephone_receiver:

4 Likes

Bag phones had the best reception lol. I remember my dad having a car phone and a pager. If there was a family emergency (and it had better be with the cost of minutes back in the early 90s) he’d get a page “411911” and then he’d call from his fancy car phone lol

My updates coming, but it won’t be until around midnight cst!

3 Likes

Ok Guys!

Today was a long and tiring day, forgive me for my lack of usual post gusto, I’m exhausted and somehow I have enough energy to post this haha.

6/6 above ground and looking happy and green. One looks like it may need help shedding it’s helment, another looks like it’s wearing it’s helmet around its neck haha.

I’m gonna let the pots dry out just a little so there is a chance for the root system to establish itself and dig down deep to get firmly aquainted with it’s new home haha.

Pic will be attached in a second.

TLDR: Happy healthy seedlings after 5 days, direct sown.

11 Likes

:see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:
Vigorous little seeds, 6 days after hitting my P.O. Box, and they are off and running. 100% germination rate. :thumbsup: They all had tap roots coming out the bottom, except for one. :seedling: They all got their tap root dipped in VAM mycorrhizae, transplanted to paper cups, and watered in with kelp,fulvic, and aloe. Once they get their first set of three bladed leads, I will take the cotyledons for testing gender.

10 Likes

Lol I thought I was crazy this morning when I seen their roots hang down past the rockwool. Then I read your post! Quick little squirts they are…

9 Likes

First sprout
:

Four sprouts:

And 96 hours the last sprout:

AND

Are they ready for cups?
Germinated in Rooter plug under florescent screw in grow light
RH 50-60%
Temp 80 degrees at roots.

11 Likes

I might give em a few days there and then bump them along.

3 Likes

Ok it was just @ReikoX moved his to cups and nuts.
They moved to new digs as @LED_Seedz made me break down and get a second tent.:joy:

Everybody out of the bathroom.

8 Likes

I would definetly transplant them atleast to 0,5l containers for next two weeks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, if everyone else is doing it, then don’t be left behind.

3 Likes