LEDSeedz Testing Grass Monkey F2 🐒

I have applied nematodes and Stratio. S. (H. Miles) mites, that will eliminate the larva. I have been spraying the adults with Method-1 PPS, but need yellow sticky traps to break the life cycle.

6 Likes

I have these coming;
Neoseiulus Amblyseius Cucumeris - Guaranteed Live Delivery!
Live Ladybugs + Hirt’s Nature Nectar - Guaranteed Live Delivery!

How do you keep/release/apply these?

I have this coming too :slight_smile: Nothing too good for my girls.

5 Likes

Follow the instructions I guess, my H. Miles just appeared in my worm bin. I assume they hitched a ride with my worms. Good thing they are beneficial huh?

4 Likes

Hydro Grass Monkey (Update 3/29/18)

Operations Report:

Low Stress Training (LST) has been effecive to manage height and able to provide additional light to the secondary growth.

Sex of each plant have not been comfirmed as of yet. Once the plants shows, I will take clones of each female.

2 plants have trifoliate anomalies (one actually has a quidfoliate). Each plant has 2 growth shoots of this anomaly. Each affected growth shoot is throwing at least 3 leafs each node continuing as it grows.

These same 2 plants (GM#1, GM#5) with the anomalies appear to have velvet green leaves, accelerated growth, lengthy thick but pliable stems, and quick root growth. I would have to classify them together as Phenotype#1 (P#1)

3 out of the 6 plants (GM#3, GM#4, GM#6) have more glossy leaves, normal growth rate, remain compact and have very thick and stiff stems, and quick root growth. I would classify these as Phenotype#2 (P#2)

The 1 plant (GM#2) I did not mention is a runt, very slow veg growth, very slow root growth. I am thinking of culling this plant as it is weeks behind its fellow plants.

Data Analytics:

Air Temp: 68ºf (20ºc)
Humidity: 60%
Water Temp: 72ºf (22ºc)

Light Type: LED 150w SolStrip X1 Light System
Light Cycle: 24 / 0
Light Power: 100%
Light Height: 10 inches (25cm)

Hydro System: 10 gallon reservoir DWC
Water Type: Reverse Osmosis
Water PH: 5.8 pH
Water PPM: 800 ppm @ 0.5
Water Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora 3-part + Additives

Plant Duration: Germ: 4.5 days / Veg: 38 days
Canopy Height: 11 inches (28cm)

Trifoliate (3 leaf node):

Quidfoliate (5 leaf node):

10 Likes

I’ve seen trifoilates but wow :smile:

2 Likes

@Roux I have a pineapple chunk I started 2 weeks before the monkeys and she quadfoliated all the way from the start… got like 15 nodes and sits like11" but she keeps going lol

4 Likes

Someone was asking me how far I had from the top of my soil to the bottom of the lights. Looks like about 19 inches.

The plants are about 10 inches now that they are all tied up.

The plants are ready to flip now, so today starts their first 12 hour night.

10 Likes

Very nice and lush

Do you trim or train at all? Love the structure of all of them.

1 Like

Weekly Update:

Hard Data:

Seeds were direct sown on 2/15/2018 at approx 8:30 PM CST.
Current age: 42 Days. (30MAR2018)
Time in Flower: 4 Days
Nutes and Amount Used: 18.5g megacrop, 1.8ml drip clean, 5 gallon batch. 1.2EC 600ish ppm.
PH: 5.6
Temp and RH: 78F and 42%
Notes I switched to flower on 25MAR2018, Lights have been bumped up to 305w. With my fancy new light meter, I’m getting 1200 Umol/Meter/Squared. I ALMOST need Co2 Supplementation.

Money Shot(s):

Edit: yes, I’ve trimmed. Twice now. Apparently to no effect lol. They just keep growing, and growing.

I have 7.75 Inches of space left between canopy and lights.

10 Likes

Yeah, I used velcro to hold down the main top and removed the lowest two branches for clones.

4 Likes

GM1 is MOST DEF a male.

Gm3 looks male.

Gm4 I’m not sure of.

Gm6 Male.

And feel free to tell me ya’lls opinions but lets not debate, only comment if you’re sure so we don’t clog up this thread. GM1 is a no brainer. GM6 has clusters forming all over the plant so i’m pretty sure on that one too. I don’t know about 4 yet, and GM3 has lots of small tiny formations like the 2nd pic of GM3.

Edit: I’m for sure composting 1 and 6. No doubt in my mind about those.

3 and 4 are gonna sit tight in the cab a week or two longer until they show for sure.

13 Likes

4 is what my dna tested (male?) looked like when I dissected it with my micro camera. Waiting to Hear if it is/was.

2 Likes

And my trickster herm finally showed me it can’t be trusted… it has female flowers and a couple pistils but these big ole things on top…

5 Likes

This is how we deal with Hermie Bastards in Texas. Lethal Injection! :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

I am clueless what you are saying here? Is this a Grass Monkey plant, and are you saying it is a hermaphrodite? Regardless as to what the strain is, that picture does not show anything that looks female and looks full blown male.

4 Likes

Yes it is a grass monkey… there are two nodes in the bottom with a pistil sticking out but yes… full blown male.
I left it for flower because of the pistil at the bottom but after 6 days in flower it’s showing me it’s male so it gets to be mulch now lol

Sorry for any confusion in my text @LED_Seedz

1 Like

Need to see this with photo documentation.

2 Likes

Yessir … give me two minutes

2 Likes

Bwahahahaha! Funny shit man! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Ok… so… here’s the plant @LED_Seedz

On the last node from the bottom where I did the trimming theres this

Zoomed in

Then the top

3 Likes