LEDSeedz Testing Grass Monkey F2 🐒

No sir, not in the least bit. I just have a very busy life and sometimes, I have to weigh the merits of wifey accidently killing a plant or me letting them get thirsty. The females will bounce back, they weren’t crispy. Just thirsty, real thirsty. Like a very neglected partner in a one sided relationship lol.

4 Likes

I’m not hatin’ on you bro. I completely understand. Most of my posts are light hearted and not meant to judge but to bring a smile to someone, anyone who gets it. You obviously get it. Much love and respect to you! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Oh I get your humor, I laughed. :smiley: Carry on being yourself sir! (if you further with to chat about humor, lets move it to the chat thread so we don’t clog up this one :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Love ya bro! Good Growin!..:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Movin’ to the chat thread. EXCUUUUSE ME!! :cowboy_hat_face:

I must confess that I have probably had just a tad bit too much Budwieser this afternoon to be contributive to any serious discussions. Having said that, @99PerCent, tell me something good bro! :cowboy_hat_face: teehee

2 Likes

Those are definitely males. Good for you for waiting until clusters form. It always reminds me of hops, which happens to be related. :+1::seedling:

6 Likes

I’d rather be 100% sure (better safe than sorry) before I took any drastic measures. Now i have 4 males worth of roots to make topical cream out of… :wink:

5 Likes

These naughty little monkies are trying to overgrow my cabinet. I can’t have that now can I? Here you can see the canopy is about 14"-16".

After a round of bondage with the velcro, I was able to get the canopy down to 10"-12" and pull the main colas back under the lights… I also chopped the cover crop. Some of the peas were trying to take over the monkies.

Here they are all pulled over. Pro tip, if you want to bend and tie your plants up, it is easier if they are ready for a watering. I watered after training them. It’s getting difficult to reach the back plants. I will need to do some more trimming under the canopy soon. The fungus gnats are now in homeostasis with the mites and nematodes.

The only trimming I have done to these monkies is to take the bottom two branches for clones. These four are well rooted after 10 days. They were transplanted into the micro fabric pots with VAM. They will become my bonsai mothers until I pick a keeper.

11 Likes

Hy all, I headed to the growroom and snapped a few pics of an issue that’s not getting better. Hoping for a little help on diagnosis.

It started happening after res change a few days ago. I bumped their feed to 800 to 900 ppm @ 0.5 from last change

Environment before correcting PH and top off of plain RO water today:
Temp has been at 68F w/ 60%RH
DWC / RO water GH nutrients 835ppm
PH 6.0 Watertemp 72F
Lights 24/0 150w LED 12” away

Its sporadicly appearing on top fan leaves on all plants in this DWC system.

I corrected to PH5.7, added 2 gal RO water - 710ppm

Thanks for any help

6 Likes

Everything seem ok and normal. Only thing that has changed is the ppm so it should be the problem. I would lower it as you did and wait few days. Take picture of the same leave every Day :slight_smile: anybody?

1 Like

Excuse me sir, but what about the leaves in that picture seem ok and normal? Also, right now he can’t take a picture of the same leaf every day due to logistics of his grow being in a different location.

Anyways. @Roux

There’s no yellow in the margins, so it doesn’t appear to be a potassium deficiency. However, the damage done looks just like a potassium deficiency minus the yellow in the margins. Since i’m fairly certain you are using a complete soup mix, let us move onto the next problem it could be. Reference Material for potassium problems

This appears to be a PH fluctuation issue according to This.

Your PH may be swinging too wide. I’m no expert, but that’s my .02 cents.

3 Likes

1st thought is burn from the initial look, either light or wind. I do not know LED lights to say if they are too close or not.

Do you have one of those USB microscopes to take a closer look at exactly what is going on?

I had similar recently, looked like P or calcium deficiency, turned out to be black mould which was visible under the scope but just looked like necrosis to the eye. After I cropped I found the dripping leak which had sent my humidity through the roof.

Does look a little odd, not a deficiency AFAIK. The damage is only on the top of the ridges and the edge, could it have rubbed against anything?

835 seems high for nute strength to me especially in RO, I don’t go over 700 even in full flower.

If the only change was increased nutes and as it is only top fan leaves, maybe either reduce nutes or raise lights to see if that helps?

It might be that the lights were right on the limit and the extra nutes just pushed some leaves over the edge and they closed pores and overheated.

EDIT :

Or as Jellypowered said, PH. I find there is a dead spot between 5.9 and 6.5 or so, you either want to be over 6.5 or under 5.9, not between. Sometimes new clones like a PH of 6.5+ whilst established plants very much prefer under 5.9

If it is PH, keeping your PH under 5.9 should show results, if not I would cut back on the nutes a little.

3 Likes

@Roux any chance we can see the whole plant. Is this just one plant? I’m no hydro guy, but I would definitely back off the nutrients. That leaf looks very dark green and clawing. Let’s see what @LED_Seedz suggests.

1 Like

Looking pretty! Starting to grow up a bit and the purpling is amazing looking…

11 Likes

I will grab a picture tomorrow when I check

It is sporadic on all 6 Grass Monkeys within the DWC system.

There are 3 mothers in there own separate DWC system that sits beside them in the same tent but the mothers show no symptoms

Thank you everyone who has replied, if you haven’t yet replied but have an idea, don’t be shy :slight_smile: thanks in advance

1 Like

Maybe mag deficient?

1 Like

I ment the growing data like humidity temperature etc. :smiley: And that the only thing that He changed was Ec solution :slight_smile:

Light bleaching is what we are seeing here. Could be the lights are too close and the spectrum is not mixing correctly, and or a combination of wind burn. I have also seen this from using ozone in small amounts, but this is not food or PH related. If that were the case it would be top to bottom and my guess is this is only showing up top.

Few full plant shots and I can tell you for sure.

5 Likes

Just wanted to show the canopy after a full light cycle. Notice how the plants reoriented themselves to point to the lights. This is called heliotropism, the ability for the plant to track light through the sky.

11 Likes