LEDSeedz Testing Grass Monkey F2 🐒

But Jake, we’re growing the monkey… some shenanigans are to be expected haha.

7 Likes

We are under strict orders :monkey_face: :see_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

9 Likes

Got mine soaking now… Will post shortly with full details of the start and what I’ll be using!!

Hang tight @G-paS they are coming

5 Likes

Grass Monkey F2 Test: Start Date- Feb. 16 2018

Hello all!! Got my seeds today from @LED_Seedz!! All made the trip in tact and very awesome striping patterns

These six make the leap in the glass today

Again like I said cool striping on the beans!

Germination start
Going out of my element a bit and soaking these instead of my typical paper towel method. All six float so we’re all good there!

Now we wait awhile and see how it goes.

"On with the show Toast!!!"-Everybody

Tent
Running a 2’x4’x5’ … wow… kinda lame waste of a bold title!! :wink:

Grow Media
Currently I’m using about a 40/40/20 mix of fox farms happy frog/ocean Forrest/sphagum miss and perlite
Seedlings will be grown in small jiffy peat pots until node 3 or 4 them will be transplanted to their final container which is a 5 gallon fabric pot.

Nutes That Will Be Used
Currently I’ve been using Mega Crop by Greenleaf Nutrients @ 6.5g per 1gallon which brings the ppm to just under 600 and since I recently learned that the chart the have on their site is, according to them, “just a crude calculation” that number is also probably inaccurate but I’ll be working on that.

Lighting Situation
Running a “1000w” LED blurple by HollandStar… I am fairly new and just wanted to get by with my own smoke and become self sustaining and I was on a budget… on top of that, when uncle sam hits me back I’m gonna have @DavesNotHere help me build a couple new SolStrip lights… tired of that UV bulb giving my sand eye.

I’ll be back to check in with some pictures post-germination. Thanks for watching, everybody.

It’s about to get real!

12 Likes

Me too!

2/16/2018 F2 Monkey Grow

4 hours later the seeds sunk and are now on unbleached napkins in between two plates sitting on the heating pad.

12 hours later all 6 cracked and 1 tail. Will put in rooter plugs at 24 hours. (Not waiting for long tails as I am afraid of hurting them).

36 hours later 3 tails were getting long so all 6 went into the Rooter plugs only one was just cracked without a tail.
All under the dome.

60 hours and we have a sprout.

10 Likes

Are you a time traveler…lol :joy:

4 Likes

Lol my phone has been messing up numbers lately like my zipcode when I sent my address lol…

Maybe my thumbs are fat…

Insensitive :smiley:

4 Likes

Y’all have at it… she ain’t picky… I’ll just pull a bud of Grass Monkey out of the jar and watch…

20 Likes

4 hours later the seeds sunk and are now on unbleached napkins in between two plates sitting on the heating pad.

7 Likes

WOW!

Pretty much sums up the start to this thread. Very impressive beginnings and I certainly dig what I am seeing. Appreciate all the fine details that have been listed which greatly adds to the information available.

Thank you all very much!

Blessings for a bountiful grow!

10 Likes

OoooOOoOOoOo!!!

10 Likes

12 hours later all 6 cracked and 1 tail. Will but in rooter plugs at 24 hours. (Not waiting for long tails as I am afraid of hurting them).

9 Likes

Havent looked at min yet, they went in root plugs yesterday morning.

5 Likes

I too checked on one of my seeds just to see if it had cracked yet, indeed things are happening in there. I suspect within a day or two i’ll have little green travelers poking up out of my coco. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hydro Grass Monkey (Update 2/17/18)

Edit: removed non relevant information

Operations Report:

34 hours since initial soak, One seed cracked its shell. I moved them in between wet paper towels, in a plastic bag sitting in a warm dark cabinet. After another 5 hours all 6 seeds have cracked open. So we are 6/6 germination.

Rockwool cubes were soaking for 48 hours. The cubes increased the water to 6.6 pH. Pulled the water from the cubes and changed out the soaking tub with new water and light nutrients and was reset at 5.5 pH for final soak.

Data Analytics:

Air Temp: 75f / 24c

Water Type: Reverse Osmosis
Water PH: 5.5 pH
Water PPM: 68 ppm @ 0.5
Water Nutes: RapidStart / Floralicious Plus

12 Likes

I need one of those nice Hanna Ph meters. I don’t trust mine.

6 Likes

Hanna FTW…I found my old Hanna TDS Primo tester, just need to get some batteries for it and calibrate it :+1:

PH meter was $30, I see the TDS meter for $37 good product for the price

10 Likes

36 hours later 3 tails were getting long so all 6 went into the Rooter plugs only one was just cracked without a tail.
All under the dome.

9 Likes

Turn on the juice and cut the damn thing loose baby! Good Growin’!
:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Less than 36 hours since I got them and 100% popped and were transplanted to their jiffy pots till 3rd or 4th node

8 Likes