LEDSeedz Testing Grass Monkey F2 🐒

Hydro Grass Monkey (Update 4/11/18)

Operations Report:

Last weeks problem has seem to be resolved. After @LED_Seedz Said light burn, I decided to raise the light to 16 inches above the plants instead of 12 inches. Ever since, the issue of the browning leave has not shown up on new growth and has remained the same on the affected leaves.

Sexing was done this week. Waited to see multiple pre-flowers on all the plants, then we started to identify the staminate primordias and the pistillate primordias. After confirmation from each plant: final ratio of Female / Male is 3/3. The males were culled today.

They had grown to over 22 inches tall. After the removal of the males. We spread the females throughout the DWC unit and started to supercrop them to get some light to the soon-to-be-clones.

Again, very little interaction from me as far as maintenance goes
Fill up the res with nutrients and top it off half way in the week. Rinse and Repeat.

NOTE: Picture were done on the Iphone

Data Analytics:

Air Temp: 70Âșf (21Âșc)
Humidity: 55%
Water Temp: 72Âșf (22Âșc)

Light Type: LED 150w SolStrip X1 Light System
Light Cycle: 24 / 0
Light Power: 100%
Light Height: 16 inches (40cm)

Hydro System: 10 gallon reservoir DWC
Water Type: Reverse Osmosis
Water PH: 5.9 pH
Water PPM: 715 ppm @ 0.5
Water Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora 3-part + Additives

Plant Duration: Germ: 4.5 days / Veg: 51 days
Canopy Height: 16 inches (40cm)

DIRTY BITS:

Diameter ranges from 1 - 1.5 inch of the main stalks:

SUPERCROPED: (females only)

^^^^^Thank you @Jellypowered for this awesome cam.

GM#6 CULLED MALE

GM#2 CULLED MALE

GM#4 CULLED MALE (the runt)

12 Likes

Day 11F

16 Likes

It is looking like the monkeys will stop stretching real soon (12 days flowering). I wanted to get a whole cabinet shot so you can see how tall they are compared to the roots and how thick it is. I think I will clean up the bottom of these plants and re-adjust the velcro soon.

Here is the canopy. Still pretty even, but could use a bit more work. They will get a neem/kelp tea tonight.

16 Likes

I have the two GM and 4 Hurk in the flower tent. Before surgery I neem oiled everything twice and took everything out and bleached all. Than I put DE all around the edge. Bought Neoseiulus Amblyseius Cucumeris and hung them on the plants and let loose Ladybugs.
I took the GM out a couple days ago for photos for @LED_Seedz. because the edges are turning up.

Today I saw spots so got some PC camera shots

Are these gnats or the things I bought or something else.
They are all in flower so can’t use neem oil right?

5 Likes

You can use neem up to week 3-4. After that you run the risk of the oil not breaking down all the way resulting in you tasting and smelling it in the finished buds.

3 Likes

So are these things? I have seen nothing move or of a non jaggy shape.

They don’t look like bugs, eggs, or droppings to me. To be clear, you’ve never actually seen any bugs right?

1 Like

Nope, I have never seen anything move but the spot are now on all.

2 Likes

What’s your humidity like? Fans blowing directly on the plant maybe. There is something going on, but not sure if it’s bugs or what.

1 Like

35 to 55ro and 78-85 temp and a 16" oculatating fan plus a 6 inch fan. I am having trouble keeping RO and Temp stable with the temps fluctuating so much here. It hit 91 in the tent before I opened the tent and opening windows. Now a winter storm warning here again.

4 Likes

I’m stumped. There is definitely stipiling on the leaves. Since you haven’t seen any bugs yet, I think you should get some yellow sticky traps and see what they catch over the next couple of days

It could be some kind of thrip, they are good at hiding. Adults can fly short distances and are easily confused with fungus gnats. Usually they leave a residue on the leaf that looks like hard water stains.

Or it could be environmental, lights too close or fan blowing directly on the leaves. How often have you been spraying with neem, or anything else for that matter. When you spray, it should be with the lights out to prevent burning.

Anyone else familiar with this type of problem?

1 Like

I just did the two spaying with neem three days apart. I do it just before lights out. Yes the fan is blowing on them to strengthen steams and to keep bugs of and not being able to bred. I usually only top dress with neem meal cake.
I will put up more of the yellow stick’s but they have only caught ladybug.

To my eye it looks like she’s under fed. As far as the micro pics, more than likely that’s from the predatory mites you released and should be no issue.

1 Like

Please grab a white sheet of paper and tap the plants over it to try to knock off a few bugs, then take a few “GOOD” pictures so somebody can identify if in fact you have bugs and what they are
all i see is blobs and have no way to every try to assit you.

4 Likes

No shit @G-paS! 95 in my tent yesterday with all flaps open and fan on high, now 47 outside this morning. Humidity goes off both ends of the scale from day to day! WTF! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Pro tip on the paper, I forgot about that trick. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

That is all I see is irregular blobs. That was a leaf I cut to get the back side of the spots. Here is what I nocked off. I do have ladybugs on them.

That’s a damn booger! :cowboy_hat_face:

11 Likes

Ding ding ding, liquid bleaching is what you see due to small water drops being used as a magnifying glass.

Your spray time should be about 2 hrs prior to lights on so they are dry during lights on.

This also caused the leaf curl combined with excessive heat. Heat and moisture = crispy edges which will start to show in the next few days. [guessing you don’e see either issue on the most lower leaves]

These will be fine and can handle a bit of stress. I’d just put my feet up and give them a few days of no spraying, keep them properly moist and your flower’s will do just fine. Glass of ice tea may also help.
:wink:

12 Likes

How did you know I was an ice tea kind of girl. One in hand now. :grin: I just spent two hours trying to find something that moved on them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I thought it might be a nut problem but I am comfortable with the soil I have now.
The lower leaves have all dried up and fallen off. It has been a couple weeks now. The tops look good. I went thru this with the WW about 3/4 weeks into flower. We had a heat spell than too and it hit 88 in the tent. This time it hit 92. I left the veg tent open all night but had to close the flower tent.

3 Likes