LEDSeedz Testing Grass Monkey F2 🐒

Ok it was just @ReikoX moved his to cups and nuts.
They moved to new digs as @LED_Seedz made me break down and get a second tent.:joy:

Everybody out of the bathroom.

8 Likes

I would definetly transplant them atleast to 0,5l containers for next two weeks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, if everyone else is doing it, then don’t be left behind.

3 Likes

:monkey_face: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil: :monkey_face: :monkey:
I couldn’t find any lemmings.

6 Likes

8 Likes

I moved them to cups real early, it was just when it fit in my schedule. What I watered with is more a root/soil tonic than nutrients. But monkey see :see_no_evil: monkey do :monkey_face:

:thumbsup: :seedling:

3 Likes

@ReikoX But when the monkey sees someone they highly respect do…
I have a “tonic” I think, it has mycorrhizae in it from Microbe Life Hydroponics and don’t want to see the roots dry and die. I didn’t get roots like this before. As you said they are Vigorous little seeds…

6 Likes

Hello everyone! It’s time for an update!

Hard Data:

Seeds were direct sown on 2/15/2018 at approx 8:30 PM CST.
Current age: 7 Days. (22FEB2018)
Growing Medium: Virgin Royal Gold Tupur.
Container: 1 Gallon Smart Pots.
Lighting: 300w JellySol
Space Temp and RH: 82° F and 21% RH.
Nutes and Amount Used: 1.1 EC/550 PPM Greenleaf Nutrients MegaCrop.
Each plant was given 16oz via the tops, and another 16oz poured in the drip tray
PH: 5.7

Notes The medium was very dry tonight, but the plants looked happy, I am awaiting some goodies from Sustainable Village (Connectors and shutoff valves) so that I can make my connections for 6 blumats and not have it look like garbage. I also have distribution drippers in the same order.

Money Shot(s):

Edit: Typos and spelling corrections.

10 Likes

In my opinion the humidity is very low :-/ I would suggest to raise it somehow. Maybe humidifier or Just set outake fan on timer. When I started my seeds I had my fan on for only 15 minutes every two hours. Plus humidifier but optional :smiley: They Will really appreciate it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hydro Grass Monkey (Update 2/23/18)

Edit: removed non relevant information

Operations Report:

All seedling are stong and sprouting like they should. They are developing there first set of leaves.

I’ve noticed 2 of 6 seedlings are a little different, specificly GM#3 and GM#4. Leaves are a softer green, and they both exhibited purple saturation when they first come up from germination, however disappeared after 2 days. It was impossible to capture with a camera (I tried :pensive:) So even tho you can’t see it in the pictures they are different.

Their roots are starting to develop, and are now hanging down in the water.

Data Analytics:

Air Temp: 70f / 21c
Humidity: 70%
Water Temp: 72f / 22c

Light Type: LED 150w SolStrip X1 Light System
Light Cycle: 24 / 0
Light Power: 70%
Light Height 17 inches (43cm)

Hydro System: 10 gallon reservoir DWC
Water Type: Reverse Osmosis
Water PH: 5.7 pH
Water PPM: 275 ppm @ 0.5
Water Nutrients: CALiMAGic / Armor SI / FloraMicro / FloraGro / FloraBloom / Floralicious Plus / RapidStart / Diamond Nector / H2o2@3%

Plant Duration: Germ: 4.5 days / Veg: 3 days
Canopy Height: 1 inches (3cm)

GM#1

GM#2

GM#3

GM#4

GM#5

GM#6

click the pictures for zoom
8 Likes

Great pics @Roux! Obviously not your phone cam! I enjoy baby pics but hesitate to post them. Good growin’ my brother!
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I’m using 120-watts of SolStrip X1, but getting some stretch, so I need to turn them up to 11! @Jellypowered is also using SolStrips. LEDs and LED_Seedz :thumbsup: :seedling:

5 Likes

Thanks @oleskool830, yes its Canon EOS T3 rebel, relatively inexpensive. I got some different lens and filters too. Its a great camera with a little tinkering.

Agreed @ReikoX “let there be light!” I suppose I should add they are 17 inches away from the light.

8 Likes

2/22/18 Solo cups with Happy Frog & perlite 4:1.
Watered in with Microbe Life and Botanicare Pure brand tea (derived from Seabird Guano, Earthworm Castings, Fish Meal and kelp)

Air Temp: 75-80
Humidity: 50
Soil: Happy Frog & perlite 4:1
Light Type: T5 Sun Blaze 21 (2’ 1 bulb)
Light Cycle: 24 / 0
Light Height inches
Plant Duration: Germ: 4 days / Veg: 3 days
Canopy Height: 1 inches

7 Likes

Update 2/23/2018
They stretched a bit but have halted… All getting transplanted tonight when my 1gallons get here

debating on whether to leave them in 1 gal pots til finish and keep them small or trans again to 5gal…apparently my phone didnt save all 6 pics but all are well and about to get their own tent tonight as well

10 Likes

transplant update

I SEVERELY underestimated my soil quantity and had to improvise until tomorrow so I split the one gallon containers in half with a strip of cardboard to save them from growing together on the off chance there is some crazy root growth between tonight and tomorrow, then will be split separately with minimal stress

I’ve had some family problems the last couple weeks with my grandfather and he passed quite recently, so my better half in effort to make me feel better and tired of hearing me complaining about lights bought me a 300w gen2 led so no more blurple!!!

14 Likes

I’m very sorry for your loss @toastyjakes . Keep plugging along brother, the purpose of a good test is to see as many examples of what can go right and what happens when real world problems pop up. The genetics you have are incredible, super easy to grow and take a beating well…once they get settled in their new homes they should bounce back well and have great vigor. Good testing sometimes does involve seeing just what a strain can take [depending on what the breeder is specifically looking to see] , just be gentle and take your time since they are tender at that young age. :peace:

5 Likes

Sounds like you are very “lucky in love” my brother. So sorry for your loss. Grandparents are very special. Keep what you learned from him close and handy. You’ll need it. Keep that woman by your side. She sounds like a keeper.
Much love my brother! Stay lifted.
:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

We’re with you bro…

That was really a sweet gesture from your better half. :flashlight:

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that bro. Let me know if you need anything.

4 Likes