LEDSeedz Testing Grass Monkey F2 🐒

I understand and feel your pain. Big hug!

1 Like

So sorry to hear about your grandpa, i hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

The serrations on anyone else’s leaves doing this? Lol they don’t look burnt, just extra light reaching?

8 Likes

Also, i have six other plants going in the same soil with no signs of this so was wondering if it’s a strain specific thing because they’re all doing it

2 Likes

Could just be this plant.

It does not appear overwatered.

I would simply give it time and see if it continues.

2 Likes

The Grass Monkey have their second set of leaves coming in, so now is the time to take my leaf samples for the gender kit. This is different than the Phylos Biosciences test. That test had you take the cotyledon with a pair of tweezers, smash it in the collection packet, then remove the plant matter.

The Steep Hill kit said on the packaging not to mail outside of California or the test would be forfeit and the sample disposed of. Well, I called up my local Steep Hill lab and they assured me they will accept my package. They had done testing to determine that the THC in the samples was within legal limits. When I got home that afternoon I found my puppy chewing on the test package. Luckily the test itself was not damaged.

First I labeled the plant with the provided label.

Then, using the collection envelope itself, the leaf tip was cut off and captured.

This was then repeated for all the samples and they were placed in the collection folder (it’s a bit chewed up). Note, the sample #4 (bottom right) sprouted with only one cotyledon.

:hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

They got watered with a neem/kelp tea just like the rest of my garden. To make the tea, I put 1/2 cup of neem meal and 1/4 cup of kelp meal in a bag that worms came in. That is then soaked in five gallons of water for about 24 hours and then applied. The remaining kelp and neem were added to my worm bin.

7 Likes

I’ll try calling then.

How much Neem oil? That is what I have. Full, half, quarter of what it says per gallon?

2 Likes

No, not neem oil. I use neem cake/meal, this is the left over seed meal after pressing out the oil. Oil would be used for foliar applications, not a soil drench.

2 Likes

The powdered aloe and coconut water I ordered from buildasoil.com. They carry just about everything I use. I did get my neem meal from the local hydro store. They have a shelf with Down to Earth brand amendments. Thats where I got my neem meal,kelp meal, shrimp meal, Oyster shell flour, and glacial rock dust. I also get my Ful-power there. Gypsum and Spangham Peat Moss from Home de Pot. The Basalt, TM-7, and VAM came from Amazon.

2 Likes

I get my neem, and karanja from here. Good quality.

http://www.neemresource.com/OnlineOrder.html

4 Likes

Yeah, when I need to resupply I will go with them. Good call @ryasco!

3 Likes

Oh my goodness! I forgot the testing packet on the table on my way out of the house this morning. I almost turned around, but just decided to grab then at lunch. I thought I left it where my puppy couldn’t get it. Apparently I didn’t. I sure hope they can still test it. I’m laughing now :joy:, but I was very mad earlier! :angry:

6 Likes

TY @ReikoX and @ryasco it is ordered. Hope I have plants left to use it on.

3 Likes

here’s what I use to slow them down…

6 Likes

update Feb. 27, 2018
All getting second set of leaves and looking good

15 Likes

I’m on the road but I had to share the pic wifey sent when I asked her to water the monkees.

They weren’t that big when I left… :open_mouth:

11 Likes

Wow, they really seemed to like being directly sown into this bigger pots. Fast little monkies! :monkey:

4 Likes

Hydro Grass Monkey (Update 3/01/18)

Edit: removed non relevant information

Operations Report:

The sprouts are healthy and thriving. They are proudly displaying there wide outstretched leaves and the color of the leaves are ranging from lime green to emerald green. Each sprout is nice and stout with no apparent stretching, and the main stalks are maintaining an olive green color. All root systems are further developing and have started to branch out.

GM#3 had a small purple saturate on the 2nd node leaves when first being develop, but quickly grew out if it. I noticed this anomaly on the 1st node leaves on the same plant, but again quickly grew out of the purple color. This GM#3 is different from the rest.

Data Analytics:

Air Temp: 72ºf (22ºc)
Humidity: 70%
Water Temp: 68ºf (20ºc)

Light Type: LED 150w SolStrip X1 Light System
Light Cycle: 24 / 0
Light Power: 70%
Light Height: 16 inches (40cm)

Hydro System: 10 gallon reservoir DWC
Water Type: Reverse Osmosis
Water PH: 5.7 pH
Water PPM: 300 ppm @ 0.5
Water Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora 3-part + Additives

Plant Duration: Germ: 4.5 days / Veg: 10 days
Canopy Height: 2 inches (5cm)

GM#1:

GM#2:

GM#3:

GM#4:

GM#5:

GM#6:

click the pictures for zoom
11 Likes

I just love the baby pictures!
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Id bump the food up a little bit they are looking hungry imho. Rock on, this is one of my fav strains to grow, and well worth the time you put into her.

2 Likes