Legalcanadas legalgarden

welcome to my grow log! i recently moved in to a new place so that means i have to rebuild my garden which kind of sucks but i’m excited for a bit more space and to begin running a true perpetual! here’s my room so far… it’s about 9.5’ x 8’ minus a bit of space for the closet in the corner… enough to set up both my 4x4 tents next to eachother…

flower tent will have 4x qb304 powered by 2x HLG-320-1400 drivers, veg tent will be 2x chinese qb304 w/ 1x HLG-320-1400 (once it gets sent back from mouser … one of the drivers blew so i had to send it back, hopefully its covered under HLGs 7 year warranty!)

took a few seeds out of the fridge… will let them warm up and tomorrow they go in solo cups w/ cheap walmart soil saturated with megacrop at maybe 3.5g/gal… ograskal white fire and @buryseeds X18 (sorry took me so long 2 pop em)

big challenge is going to be keeping the heat down … its been majorly hot here and i don’t have air conditioning… might have to get one… more updates 2 come!

39 Likes

Hell ya man nice new crib. . .can’t wait to see you have it up and running

7 Likes

Can’t wait to see the new garden all set-up, L-C :+1:
…I have some Roxbury Seeds X-18 growing outdoors, just starting to flower.

6 Likes

Go @legalcanada!

Enjoy your new digs man.

6 Likes

:musical_note: “Ourrrrr house, is-where-we-grow-the-Weed…” :house_with_garden:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Hell yeah ready for the grow show!

3 Likes

It’s been 18 hours already, where are the bud pics?

11 Likes

Someone is full of beans today :laughing:

5 Likes

yeah my kid has practically stolen my laptop and the hard drive in my desktop died, so i replaced it and that one died too within a month… have sent it back for replacement… never buy refurbished hard drives :angry:

6 Likes

I gotta get a Blueberry or SLH cutting to you. I’m 100% thrip-free for months now.

Keep us updated on the computer. If you just need a part or two, we could help out. :computer:

8 Likes

Not easy to do without spinosad hey?

3 Likes

I’d say impossible, if you have a veg room with mothers 24/7/365.

3 Likes

Do you think it’s a relative problem? e.g. the region you are in has them a-plenty, versus areas that have less but more of other pests/pathogens?

Another aspect with them is their size(imo). Bigger pests are easier for :eyeglasses: those with less-than-perfect eyesight to detect.

The thought occurs to me now that prevailing wind direction to the grow might even be relevant; in my place i am down-wind from the only very tall trees(redwood :evergreen_tree: :thumbsup: ).

A tree in my yard has a permanent powdery mildew problem and for the previous 3 decades was downwind of a neighbor’s above-ground swimming pool…hot nights, steady breeze, :confounded:. @99PerCent also told me of a sticky aphid what-not on it and i see those m’fers every spring. :thinking:

So, I guess my down-winded :wind_blowing_face: point (ha!) is micro-climate/exact locale probably has a lot to do with “endemic” pests more than “operator error” or ‘SGS’.

:evergreen_tree: out of LITFA this morning…got some dude? :zipper_mouth:

5 Likes

Spinosad is a systemic bacteria that gets rid of thrips in a couple of weeks. Without it, they are difficult to get rid of completely.

4 Likes

funny you mention that… i took a couple cuttings of bodhi tree from my old neighbour who had them growing in his backyard (i gave him 5 or 6 at start of summer) and his plants were covered in thrips… so i dunked the cuttings in some spinosad and gave him the sprayer with a gallon mixed up,

i’m pretty sure the thrips are just around my area, because the first time i got them too was from bringing my seedlings outside for sunlight during the day before i got a decent light… i wonder if they just live off the grass? idk how they survive the winter though …

5 Likes

here are the 2 bodhi tree cuttings … they’re about a week old maybe and i think im starting to see the start of roots … i’m going to germinate 5 X18 and also 5 grapestomper BX2 … then i’m going to cross the whitefire with a grapestomper male for a giveaway, and also maybe white fire with an X18 male… maybe also make grapestomper F2s

after this round i’ll pick the best white fire plant and take clones, then reverse one clone and pollinate the other one with it to make a bunch of white fire fems

here’s the white fire seedlings… the first one came up fine…

i guess i didn’t bury the 2nd one deep enough and the taproot started growing up out of the soil so i reburied it and it hasn’t really grown up any more… i guess the roots reestablishing itself (hopefully?),

and then the same thing happened to the 3rd one… so i flipped it back around and buried it with just the seed above

10 Likes

sorry for bad pics … shakey hands lol hard to get em in focus… but the 2nd and 3rd are growing the right way now!! they should be shedding their shells in 1 or 2 days! i’m going to germinate the X18 and grapestomper BX2 tomorrow … i may use Ga3 for the grapestomper because the seller said they may have a poor germination rate

9 Likes

here’s what’s going on at my place … my veg/auto tent running 2 boards on a hlg-320-c1400a on 50% so maybe 160-175w or something. the flower tent with 4 of same boards powered by 2x same driver is just storage for now until ready to move some over… kinda cleaned the aisle in front of the tents and got rid of some boxes… the lights/wiring just temporary for now

these are my 2 WiFi @50State , ones showing pistils… just transplanted them a couple days ago so still a lil droopy

planted 3 auto fems to get something going … 1x each of power plant, turbo diesel, and sweet tooth … going to wait a couple weeks and plant 3 more (1x 3bear og and 2x la diva x lowryder by @ReikoX

Here’s my 4 grapestompers @Atch … they stopped stretching after ~2-3 weeks, I’m trying to wait for preflower before transplanting… 2 biggest are starting to show (male i think), I’m hoping other 2 are female. I’m going to pop 10 more seeds without Ga3. I think the crispy leaves and stuff are either root bound or fungus gnat larva attacking the roots. i could see the wriggly white bastards on top of the soil the other day so i drenched with h2o2.

heres 6 from @buryseeds X18 preservation … again i think it was either root bound, attack by FG larva or possibly locked out, but it was new soil and i wasnt feeding thaat heavy. idk

13 Likes

:clap: yay! :tada: :balloon:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

smoking some bodhi tree from @LED_Seedz - this is pheno #1, this one and #3 have a more fruity kind of smell… maybe the goji berry? I’m not familiar with either parent so not sure

12 Likes