Legends never die

It’s time.

I’m dropping all of them to open pollinate outdoors deep in the woods.

172 Likes

Positive vibes and good luck. There has to be some fire in that bag.

13 Likes

Way cool Mith, this has been a long time coming! :+1:

8 Likes

Very cool @Mithridate , hope you get some good germ rates brother.

13 Likes

You may want to consider holding half back just in case the unforseen happens………

25 Likes

How I got them: I got them for helping somebody’s nephew behind bars. Choices were presented, I picked the seeds :wink:

Have I grown them?
When I first got them, I germinated 100+ but had to get rid of them in early flowering.
I can 100% confirm there are VILE plants in that line. Between then and now I made a few smaller batches indoors from original stock out of fear of losing them.

Are they all skunk?
Not all, not all :wink: there is some variation, most are disgusting in a good way.

47 Likes

Thank you gentlemen.

@Oldjoints I’m taking cuts of everything, either before they go outside or shortly after.
It is my biggest fear. But with some preparation it should go smoothly even if something was to happen.

No skunks left behind :wink:

41 Likes

Here we gooooooooooooo!

7 Likes

Nice call @Mithridate, talk about an exciting decision.

Good Luck with the Legends. It’ll be special.

I guess thats why I pulled a strange pair of Uncle Fester Skunk #18 out from the dungeon… Roots ablazing they’ll be in dirt tonight.
@TopShelfTrees1

8 Likes

Atta boy! The year of the skunk in more ways than one! :skunk:

2 Likes

7 Likes

That’s a good idea. At least a small handful just in case

3 Likes

Very cool. Even if it’s a portion of the population that is vile, getting those stinky ones back into the current breeding cycle would be great! I’d love to find some old stock like that to just continually open pollinate and see what things naturally come about.

3 Likes

I second the notion to hold on to some for backup. Something this old and rare needs preserved. Could you do a run indoors? Or know someone who can? I’m sure there’s someone here who would be honored to help you preserve this line. Pulling up a chair for this one!!!

2 Likes

Normally i would wholeheartedly agree to use prudence.
That said, I did 3 runs indoors, each with between 12 and 28 plants. I also pollinated the cut I kept from the first run everytime i flowered her, with extra pollen from the following runs and have about 20 different males pollen stashed.

Let’s call it “a few” fresh beans secured :grin:

These are only the last of the 1993 seeds, a last push for maximum diversity.

32 Likes

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d0e4b27f434352cb276aaeb4554134bf/tenor.gif?itemid=8690907

3 Likes

My Kind of Grow @Mithridate my favorite actually.Guerrilla Growing was a specialty of mine.Made Water troughs out of triangle folded Tarps Tied to 3 trees to catch rain water.Little field of Dreams patches In the sides of old corn farmer feilds

5 Likes

This is wildly exciting @Mithridate
I love seeing the treasures in old beans!
I’ll be following along and avec votre permission:
:sparkles::sparkles::bear:I bless this grow with the headiest of Heady Bear vibes!:bear::sparkles::sparkles:

5 Likes

Cool beanz. :100:

2 Likes

words to live by! here for this one! :sunglasses:

:ok_hand: :ok_hand:

4 Likes