Legit clone providers? any strainly recs?

topic is simple. looking for legit providers of clones on strainly or any other site.

doesn’t really matter what they provide as long as they provide legit cuts that are clean and reasonably priced.
some of those ads are ridiculous $$$…just wondering if anyone has actually had legit success there.

1 Like

Pink Box Clones is my favorite from strainly. Pnw strain hunter came through but took a long time and they were a bit pricey. Also he is closing in June.
Lots of stupidly high priced cuts on strainly👎

1 Like

Wondering about this for up in canada aswell

4 Likes

@ElMasSabroso what did Pnw come through with and has it lived up to the hype? dudes got a ton of strains.

If PNW has it on his list it is fire and he comes through. Last I heard he is not taking in new customers at this time though.

1 Like

I got pirate cake,sunset sherbet, loompas headband and animal mints. Have finished the sherbet and animal mints. They are both nice for sure.

Got a GMO Rootbeer clone coming from Pink box right now. Super pumped to get ahold of that. Been wanting Mean Gene’s Rootbeer for as long as I’ve known about it🤤

4 Likes

I have several as well does Johnny Potseeds, PM if needed

2 Likes

I offer up everything i grow on strainly. My cuts are legit and i send full size clones in a solo

8 Likes

wanted to bump this again…anybody else have anything to offer?

main ones I’m really looking for are the (clone only) OG Chemdawg, Sour D and Pre 98 Bubba

3 Likes

I’m also interested in the chem clone only’s and sour D but I’m trying to get some shipped to Canada.

I’ve heard good thing on rollitup about auntie janes Nursery. Everyone on the strainly thread is happy with auntie Jane and say it’s clean of hlpv and pests.

If anyone knows a reputable place to get clean cuts of these up in the great white north let me know.

2 Likes

I have had excellent experiences with Pink Box on Strainly. I however did break my own rule and bought a way expensive Chiquita Banana last year from a small vendor who is gone and he included the powdery mold and mites for free :cry:. I had to toss most all moms that I can replace but I kept the mite carrier and nuked it and took cuts and grew them out and nuked each one after starting to make sure the bugs and mildew is gone. Got a couple of them from clean moms and just jarred up a couple plants and it was clean whole grow. The cut looks legit from pics but now its showing up with other clone folks on strainly but still pretty $$. Back on topic I have dealt directly with Piffcoastfarms via IG for a Santa Cruz cut of BlueDream and PC3 which I’m growing out now, he has a interesting list of clones he provides and very happy with my dealings with Piffcoast. I was interested in replacing my MAC1 cut from PinkBox but it’s not in their rotation at the moment. And cant grow out at the moment since I have a Cuban Black for next grow in a few months after this Blue Dream and PC3 round I just put in tent.

My grow space is booked out rest of year. I sourced the Cuban Black provided from Purple City Genetics via a member here that sent it and it was provided by Purple City Genetics since I could not get it via Strainly without paying a stupid amount, would have sourced it via Piffcoast but I really could not afford to spend $1000 to get it from him but since it is his cut and seems it got out and made it to PCG. Same with the PC3. Came with the little Purple City Genetics plant stake. And its going to flower for about 100 days so my grows are planned rest of year for my small space.

So I was planning on standing pat till fall but saw Auntie Jane offered 2 Apple Fritter cuts guaranteed to be clean and tested via Dark Heart for $100 plus $30 shipping. Now I am waiting to hear back on my request I submitted yesterday. For that price I can toss them if I dont like it but it will late this year before I can find out. Hopefully along side a yet to be acquired MAC1 from tissue culture and I will be probably be contacting the same guy who helped out with the Black Cuban.

PM me if your interested in getting with the guy here that is/was willing to buy and send pretty much anything from PCG and Dark Heart. He drives to wherever they are dropping cuts and grabs them. I covered his cost plus a bit more and sent him a extra for tip after I got it. He would probably ship to Canada but you would have to discuss that with him. I felt pretty secure and confident he got the legit cut as sold to him and the dealer who gets good props but not on Strainly and Im not in Cali and able to drive myself to pick up things not available easily from the clone vendors since most of them dont ship I think.
I wasn’t planning on getting the Apple Fritter but for the price I can just put them in the mom box for later since that cut was going for $1000 not long ago.
Still want a test tissue culture MAC1 but really must hold off now till late summer.
I need to stop browsing through Strainly because I keep seeing strains I want to try but dont have room, time or $$ for now.
Sorry for the long post and numerous edits.

3 Likes

Always makes me laugh to hear these clone prices lol.

There is a user named cloner from future 4200. He has clone ops in several states,good prices and discreet shipping. He has Humboldt seed Co cuts and a few others. Dm me if you want his website

Why is that? Something wrong with compensating people who go to the trouble to procure top shelf genetics, grow cuts and package and ship to people who do not have easy access good strains? I don’t work for free do you? If I had a friend who had these I am sure I could get them for free and I’m tired of doing pheno hunts and having some meh type plants. Why waste my time and effort and money on seeds for flowers that are not near as good as what I can grow from clones that have already been proven to be the keeper phenotypes?

2 Likes

So pink box is legit I used to hear alot about them at rollitup but I don’t see them brought up anymore.
That’s awesome a member did that for you. This place is great!!! Was it expensive to do it that way?

I’ve just received a order of snips from auntie janes just waiting for them to root. After watching strainly for awhile finally figured auntie janes was a good bet for clean verified cuts.
Got some apple fritter, gush mints, runtz, sfv og and marshmallow og.
Was thinking of selling clones of them up In Canada as it’s such a pain in the ass to get them up here. Also have some pretty sweet phenos I’ve found myself through the years.
I noticed a few places online to buy clones in Canada, bought some last year from clone superstore, they were super big and healthy but none of the phenos I bought were better than what I’ve found over the years. All 1 and done.Decent plants but definitely not as good as my keepers. Even bought one of the same strains as my keepers to compare and mine was better in all categories.

I’m not down with the 1000 dollar cut bullshit. Cuts should be reasonable priced. But you do need to be compensated for your work of cloning plus finding the good plant by more than likely running a bunch of undesirable plants. If I sold these snips I got I would charge the same as what auntie janes charged me, he seems the most reasonable priced on strainly but he also makes you buy 2 of one strain. Probably charge less for ones I’ve found. Any opinions on how much you would charge for clones you hunted?was thinking like $40 plus shipping, think that would be reasonable?
Saw the places online were around 40 and some places listed apple fritter on sale for $250 plus some other “breeder cuts” for anywhere from 120-500.

Plenty of times I’ve grown packs and ended up dissatisfied with my smoke in the end on most plants and a few times all of them.
Now I know when I run seeds I run small plants and make sure I have enough of my keeper’s to smoke(if I’m doing a full tent pheno hunt) or enough keepers in the tent to keep me puffing on the high grade.

I like popping seeds trying to find those gems and new flavors.

4 Likes

I ended up paying more or less what I thought was reasonable. To package and ship a strain that’s been tested and pest free I have no problem going up to about the $200 mark shipped. In a moment of weakness I paid $400 for the Chiquita Banana cut supposedly from Utopia Farms. Pics look legit compared to my plants and in a few more weeks of cure we will see if it was worth it.
I get so sick of the spoiled whiners who live in easy access of these strains. Wasn’t that long ago I tried tones of times to source a cut of GG4 and would have paid way to much but could not get anywhere. Living in the Midwest finding cuts like that was almost impossible for everyone. Especially if your a isolated personal grower not looking to sell anything.
I have popped plenty of packs and had keepers of headbanger from Karma and had total shit from some of the over rated seed makers. Seems the average price of a pack of seeds is in the $75-125ish range or more. Don’t know. I have a half dozen packs from Karma and Mr Nice and Ace stored away in my freezer if I decide to plant beans. This way I go to my mailbox and TA DAA!! I have as good of genetics as the rest of the country if I choose. I have limited space and sure if I had room and time I’d like to have fun of pheno hunts. But I don’t and right now I just enjoy growing the good stuff and keeping moms.

3 Likes

400s pretty pricey, but I get it, if your getting the right cut it’s worth it.
Geez some of these seeds packs now are going for 400 and above😤 and no guarantees your gonna find something special. I usually stick to packs at 200 and bellow, usually 100. That’s one reason I get cannarado beans he’s reasonably priced and has good reputation.
But will shell out 200 if I feel the breeder/strain is good and reputable .

4 Likes

I think you could charge more than $40 for legit cuts you hunted yourself as there is an investment to do all that. That said, they should be fire.

Agree $1000 is just crazy but $100-$200 doesn’t seem too unreasonable to me if everything is clean and legit.

I really hope everything turns out great for you from aunties janes, many people have given good reviews. Please keep us in the loop!

Also curious - what keepers do you have that you hunted yourself?

And what was the strain you already had that was better than the same clone from a vendor? Thats hilarious btw :rofl:

nail on the head brother. not everyone has the space and time to go hunting believe me, that would be a dream to do and one day will happen for me but not now.

2 Likes

I have Hippy Slayer, Grand Traverse Cherry, Swamp Apple, Urkle Og, Banana Chem, and Strawberry Deathstar ready. Hit me up on Strainly!