Legitimate breeders/ best practices... name names if you want

Other practices are those of dispensaries in the legal states in the US. The flowers they sell are usually run through some kind of sieve to remove trichs and make wax/rosin/keef… The flowers themselves are weak. Lot of bait and switch happening.

Some cats are hip to push the pure flowers, but most are out to make money, not a happy customer… Wait, the customer is happy because they are getting a “good” smoke. From experience it is a hit and miss with the genetics. Sometimes an OGKush will taste and supply the OGkush effect, but often it is a true miss, not even close to what memory serves of the strain, sometimes purple, sometimes green. Just an example, but is that partly due to genetics as well? I think so and also that the Dispensaries are willing to take almost anything as long as it looks good regardless of genetics and strength, flavor etc…

My grow is for me, my family, friends and good people. I’d like to provide aforementioned group of a smoke they know is pure and clean, taken care of and not pushed around to make an almighty $.

Through some investigation, it should be possible to narrow down a good breeder to supply yourself with great genetics consistently, but the name of the game is MONEY, so it’s really a chance you have to take. @Fuel is onto something with using same “Blood” lines to keep consistency. It a risk. Gotta pay to play.

5 Likes

Anyone can breed, and it’s not rocket science. Intuitions and Redfield type signs guide me. Each cross is a crap shoot and u never know what could be born. I always told people to go for it and a lot did just like me. Often my strains were used because I was an early American breeder who became popular back in the old Overgrow days.

Ask and you shall receive. BushyOG :sunglasses:

19 Likes

I just tried my first pack of rare dankness. The strain is scotts og. I started it with 5 other strains. It is garbage. Like like runt bullshit. The king kong for example is already 2x wider, taller, bigger. I am going to cut them now. Bullshit waist of time. I will never buy rare dankness again.

1 Like

One of the most lemmony and sweet OG’s i ever had was Scott’s OG. I grew it a few years ago from seed. Sorry for your experience.

4 Likes

I suppouse ya’re talkin bout clones, cos I dont now any seeds’ strain with only 1 genotipe.Am I wrong?
Ya’re sayin the truth. Example: Desfran Dutch Passion is only a S1 from a Destroyer CannaBioGen clon, or Critical+ Dinafem is as another S1 from a Critical Mass clon (Critical Bilbo) from Mr.Nice, n a lot more cases… And they dosent done these clones…

2 Likes

yes they rename a clone and it becomes popular next thing everyone has seeds (fem and reg) and crosses

1 Like

I wasn’t so direct in my approach about it, but yeah i feel that honesty has been lost to capitalism. I understand @lotus710, not wanting me to make money on selling seeds, but it’s all part of the facade we live in, i remember Vader saying, “If you wanna do something right, you gotta do it yourself!” So, yeah man. I think we all can do something to live and learn better, but it’s all gotta start somewhere, for me it’s learning to grow and then learning to pollinate and send all of you seeds for free… I want to make crosses of the best strains available to me, and also BX and IBL and anything I possibly can.

What I think is, if you can do it, so can I?

@BogSeeds, thanks for the encouragement, this doesn’t mean i will stop buying from you… LOL

6 Likes

Actually idc if you make some money selling seeds. But when someone takes a breeders work and sells them for more then the breeder makes for doing no work at all thats when i see greed taking over. Like i said. Sell packs for 5, 10, or even 20 bucks over the wholesale price to cover your “labor” costs, not selling 50$seeds for 150. (thats attitudes pricing) You can buy seeds with that money you make. More people get amazing genetics. More happy people. Less greed. Less capitalism. Also

Tiger-one.eu

2 Likes

That would be easier to do, once you have establish a clientele and customer service standards. I do see and respect your point. Thanks Sensei.

1 Like

Imagine how easy it is to get customers when you sell seeds for 1/2-1/4 the price of every other seedbank out there.

When i flipped herb thats what i did and made bank

3 Likes

If i buy from tiger to re-sell as i intend to, and offer a 20% discount on any price on the web, i think that would make for a good start. Don’t you think? Plus, Tiger won’t let you sell for less to respect breeders, and if they find out they cancel your account.

1 Like

Sure. But attitude has soooo many freebies so the 20%off and loosing out on like 10 free seeds is sometimes not worth it. If you sold them for 40-70% off it would be even better. Remember. The only thing you lose is money (even then you might make more selling cheap like i did with herbs)

1 Like

We’ll see what destiny is planned, don’t wanna get ahead of myself in that regard. When and if this happens, we will all be happy, i’ll make sure of that. Me, being a seed monger, don’t really care about freebies, they are useful especially if you’re a new grower like me, i screw around with the freebies and don’t care about them. I guess there are some people that like toget the freebies, where as there are other people that liek the price low.

1 Like

Yessir they love low prices. Thats what ive been saying this whole time.

2 Likes

I’m so glad we ended on a good note. Thanks LT!

1 Like

No problem. Maybe ill get through to ya one day😉 hahah much love brother:)

1 Like

A drop of water in a consistent way will make a hole thru a rock…

You are the hurricane and I the tower
Which rigid and impassive, mocks your power;
Your fury would uproot me where I stand
And scatter me in fragments o’er the land;
It could not be.

-Gustavo Adolfo Becquer

5 Likes

I have no idea what happened here
regarding the above gross discrepancy.

But it triggers a pet peeve of mine.

There seems to be an abundance of recent anecdotal evidence indicating that some breeders are changing the genetic makeup of some of their established strains.
If this is the case (for whatever reason), they need to inform their customers, or prospective customers regarding any changes.
Failure to provide accurate notifications to customers seems to me to violate any interpretation of the concept of “best practices”.
It actually shows contempt and disrespect to their customers.
Simple courtesy should not be too much to expect from any commercial enterprise.

Thanks, I feel a little better now.

9 Likes

Yea, I agree. The worst part is that I recommended those seeds to my partners who paid for them and now I am gonna cut them cause they look rough. Waste of time and energy.

2 Likes

Thanks for chiming in BOG. I also have grown Scott’s OG and had a good experience. Anyone can make mistakes, I don’t know what the Rare Dankness customer service is like, but I would try contacting them and see what happens. Again, I find one of the biggest problems with breeders to be the lack of customer service. Actually it’s the whole cannabis industry. If you bought something from Walmart and were unsatisfied, you could return it, no questions asked. But because it’s cannabis, manufacturers and merchants could care less. And that’s a shame. What happened to taking pride in craftsmanship? If I messed up a grow, I wouldn’t give that to my patients as medicine, simply for the fact that I don’t want an inferior product to be associated with my name, not to mention it’s medicine. Buy BOG, best customer service I’ve seen. Also I wouldn’t necessarily go on a Rare Dankness slander campaign, if they don’t make it right. But write a few reviews of your experience on forums, and let your experience be known. And now u know not to buy from them again.

2 Likes