LGOGxSF 🍋 vs Alien Rift 👽

Only thru my phone. Which is a pain for me. LOL.

You would see really poor spelling from me, lol.

Hope things improve.

2 Likes

All of the babies got some water at 1100ppm on the 500 scale, hope it’s not too much, coco is proving tricky to learn, i have been giving them 40% then 60% and now 100% strengh in their waterings, doing one watering of 650mL every other day. You are not supposed to let coco dry out like you do soil, for what i have read and heard. One is not supposed to treat coco like soil, just because you pot it…

Alien Rift and Lemon Garlic OG in the one gallon pots, Super Lemon Haze in the little pots, soaking in the nute water.

Thanks for all your advice and time put into my grow brothers!

4 Likes

What are the yellow things on the 2 plants in the foreground?

1 Like

Sprinklers from the lawn, the ones you hook up your hose to so it spreads water evenly in a misty way… HAHAHAHA

I use them on the tray to place fabric pots on top so they don’t absorb any run off water from the tray itself, where it all ends. I then get rid of the water and that’s it. I wish i could save the nutes, like a reservoir of some kind, a recirculating setup would be great, it is my believe that by hand watering the coco with the nute water i am wasting a lot of money on nutes.

I gotta say as a cob guy, you’ve gotta let the plant decide its distance.
I can understand why but in all my grows under led lifting the light or lowering the plant 3 to 5 inches all but eliminated early nute deficiencies.
I think its the concentrated spectrum.
Its seems like The plant can’t uptake nutes as fast as its using them.
Never had that problem with hps or mh.

Good hunting!

4 Likes

I think this is where the myth that LEDs get Mg deficiencies. It’s the increased growth rate. I think my best grow (gpw wise) was when I had the least amount of light.

3 Likes

Absolutely! I had my soil at toxic levels of MG for a long time because of that.
A buddy said “try lifting the lights” over on another forum. I was at my wits end and nothing to loose and BOOM! Plant shot back after raising 8 inches.
From 16.
I’ve seen top buds stop developing and even bleach at 12 inches.

2 Likes

I got my lights running at 400W, temp 28C and RH @ 60% aprox. Distance from canopy about 20".

24 plants; 12 Alien Rift, 12 LGOGxSF and 2 SLH. Nutes were given @ 1100 ppm (scale 500) or 2.0EC.

They are 29 days old and i was running them wrong. As if they were in soil (not giving any nutes for the first weeks), reason why they were withering and getting yellow and stunted. But everything has been corrected and luckily they are looking healthy now. Will update more pics tomorrow.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought! I have one exactly like it. Clever @MadScientist!

1 Like

Prezactly my brother @MadScientist.

1 Like

Pretty high but depends on the nutrient, but its best to do a change then wait 4-5days to see how they respond and then adjust accordingly.

If i ran at those ppm id be burning my plants, but everyone is different.

2 Likes

When i mix the Technaflora Nutes in the water and then check for EC, that is what it comes to, according to the schedule in the box.

USA2009.pdf (1.4 MB)

2.2 EC would be too high for me too. Let us know how it goes. I’ve been running a lot of low EC water through by plants about once a month and have had good results. If I don’t I get build up that leads to problems.

1 Like

Says you can feed every watering at that concentration, so yeah run as is and see how it goes, and adjust accordingly.

I see that technaflora stuff around but mind you they are somewhat local.

2 Likes

Looks like they recommend a schedule of Feed, Water, Water, Feed for soil-less media. That would explain the high dosage. Kind of weird, why not Feed, feed, feed, feed, feed, etc at lower concentration? Any ideas? I guess the leaching with plain water takes care of salt build up issues.

They bring instructions in both French and English, so i would say QuĂŠbĂŠcois!?

These are the nutes that i used for the Challenge and the plants came out really nice! The smoke is great, those were grown hydro in perlite/hempy cups.

This time it will be the Technaflora nutes for all the plants, and my autos will be grown in 1 gallon hempy cups filled with coco chips.

Check it out…

Check this video out, the guy during the recording says he did the plant on a 5 gallon hempy cup with coco…

3 Likes

No but the two languages is because they just like any other product with ingredients or directions is mandated to include both official languages if sold within the country, they don’t have to comply with that for export, but if you already have them printed up no sense in changing them.

1 Like

Company Profile

Technaflora Plant Products Ltd. is a proudly Canadian-owned and operated company based in Mission, British Columbia that boasts a catalogue of superior plant nutrients and additives.

We are an imaginative and dynamic organization with a full line of consistent and superlative products backed by our outstanding customer service.

Unique products such as B.C. Hydroponic Nutrients™, Rootech Cloning Gel™, Thrive Alive B-1™, Awesome Blossoms™, and our famous Recipe For Success Starter Kit™ confirm the company’s leadership in the specialty gardening market.

Customer service along with continuing innovation and production of exceptional products are our highest priorities. Our staff is highly motivated and are available to offer guidance and product knowledge through our toll-free technical support line at 1 (800) 586-1211.

For the greatest benefit from our superior products our experts are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., PST.

Our dedication to our clients is second-to-none, and our personal approach will ensure we meet your specific needs.

2 Likes