Let’s grow some weed eh’ 🇨🇦

Hey all, welcome to my 2024 grow journal. In my northern neck of the woods, spring is just around the corner and that means it’s GROW TIME.
The plan for this year is to grow and harvest 4 plants.
This will probably be a mix of both outdoor and indoor tent growing. I’m thinking about vegging the plants outdoors and potentially move 2 of them to flower inside my tent. Will see how it goes with weather and all of that.

Because of where I am located (AB, Canada) I’m going to be sticking with autos this season. I have grown a few photos but I’m always in a race against time as frost and winter rolls in late October/ Early November and have had to harvest a few weeks earlier than I’d like too in the past. With autos I don’t have to worry about finishing in time and can just relax and grow.

Anyways, here are the seed options I have for this season and I’m curious to hear any opinions. I’m pretty set on growing the butterbean CBD (for my wife) and the Northern Afghan for myself. The toothless genetics beans are White Widow Max Auto X Purple Auto that I really enjoyed growing in the past.

Thanks for stopping by💨

24 Likes

Good luck :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Hers a few pics of mine from the past both indoor and out:

10 Likes

I’m located in AB also canna brother. I’ll be following along. I finished some photo last year in the backyard and plan on doing the same again.

5 Likes

Started my highly sophisticated germination process (wet paper towel in sandwich bags) on Saturday the 13th, checked on them this morning the 17th and we have 6/6 sprouts. Big long healthy tap roots. They are all now in my highly sophisticated dirt containment units.
Went with 4x purple white widow two of which I’ll will be giving to my bro, 1x Northern Afghan and 1x CBD 2:1.
The weather here has taken a turn for the worst and we are currently -4C with a decent amount of snow. Spring is yet to sprung… soon hopefully :canada::dash:

3 Likes

Okay time for a little update:

All of my seedlings did just fine and were repotted into 5gal fabric pots yesterday. I usually use pro mix HP but for this run I’m trying some sunshine mix #4. It looks and feels very similar. Also threw in a pinch of dolomite lime into each pot.

I’ve got my 2x4 tent up and running under 370W of light. That puts me at about 46.5W per sq ft.

I’ve always used advanced nutrients sensi bloom A+B, and will continue doing so. I like that I don’t have to worry about checking or balancing the pH.

Can’t wait to watch these things grow!

3 Likes

wow, lots of alberta people here. edmonton myself.

The last few summers have been the best ever for growing, even too much heat and sun at times, which is rare. We have been getting to go into the end of october instead of mid september, which is crazy.

I have only had success with 1 regular photo strain sour diesel ibl x m39 courtesy of the great @santero which i have never had before. I harvested the last week of october and the plants were actually done.

I am expecting another hot dry year, which thoough it sucks for most other things, is good for growing weed.

excited to watch your thread!

3 Likes

Cheers man! I’m down the QE2 from you :wink:.

The other summer I had a big beautiful northern lights photo run into mid October when I decided to cut it down… could have used a couple more weeks tho. Autos seem to be the smart play here !

1 Like

Haha, too funny. We’re neighbors, I’m located in Fort Sask!