Lets try this another way big plants small pots

I switched my Octopots out for mini versions . First attempts were smaller plants with larger counts per tent .

In my opinion it was a failure and waste of my time . Ran 9 per 4x4 , too crowded , too small of plants , too much hassle filling that many

Lil pots did GREAT . same thing would’ve happened if I had turned them little in Octopots and jammed the tent.

I like the small footprint I like the fact I can change nutrients very quickly I like how easy it is to set up and take down

I believe they can run full size tent filling plants just like the big pots .

I am going to find out

Plan is 4 plants per 4x4 footprint in big tent . Back to my usual size of plants :sunglasses:.

Set big tent today

4 x 8 tent . GLS 640 led’s , one per side

Normal feed program

Set 1st set bungee nets at 36 inchs , properly tied in and stretched this time .
2nd set will go in after stretch is over

I will raise the lower set once they grow up through it

Plants just about ready and will be by Monday i suspect

Was gonna place ICC in first set of four but WC is outgrowing her and so she will go in first , ICC hopefully a week to 2 weeks later , to free Cannatrol time

WC cuts gettn their veg on , 2 foot tall now

ICC bit smaller at 20 inchs

Want to see how far i can push the little Amazon pots :sunglasses:

4 Tahoe are also 18 to 20 inchs , they will get tent 3 when ICC goes into big tent .

Tent 3 is my 2x4 with Migro Array 4 in it

Tent 4 is at like 6.5 or 7 weeks 12/12 it will get the Romulan and Goji cuts when plants finish up in there .

Say hello , ill get it started and fill the tent in next few days

55 Likes

Good luck with it, Mano! Not that you deal with luck or anything.

6 Likes

Very cool, going to follow along and watch the show. :v:

6 Likes

You gotta know I’m in for the ride. Continued success, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Can’t wait to see the magic happen. Another great thread incoming

5 Likes

Oooweeeeee. I’m here for the mini pot hoe down.

4 Likes

Now thats a tent. :beers:

4 Likes

Love the plan Jet!

Veg BIG, Harvest BIG. I’d throw down a bet the Octopups will make a good showing.

I’ll wish you luck, but you won’t need it.

-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

5 Likes

Damn that’s a big tent. So are you asking what you should do or just showing us your changes. Tent that big I’d be running hazes, could get massive yield with some training. Really any sativa would blow up in that big tent. With that net you could pull couple lbs easy with a haze or even a branchy indica leaner. Ak 47 gets huge yields too fwiw. Good luck

What are you growing? Look forward to watching this progress

4 Likes

Your lucky to get those octo minis, They have been sold out for month. Taking a chair and watching this movie… :grinning:

2 Likes

Very cool and nce set up! Ive been thinking about trying the smaller octos. Tagging along, I’m sure you’ll rock this.

2 Likes

Yes i know , loaded up when i saw they were low on them , need a few more honestly

Last run produced 2 and 3 Z plants , NOT what i am after . These will be turned about 30 inchs will reach top of tent

4 Likes

Showing what i am about to do . Believe ill place one side of tent tomorrow , the Wedding Cake side as they are the largest

9 Likes

Good luck on the new project

8 Likes

Thanks @Papalag

All the plants are healthy , the nets are in place and correctly tied in this time :sunglasses:
Lights set , tent clean , fans already set and will run a big one fanning from out front .

Going to run straight lolly popped this run , i have no use for popcorn and want a clean NON JAMMED IN tent this run

last run with the nine will never be repeated again I thought if I ran them small enough it would be all right but it turned into a jungle that I just had to leave alone. there was really no way to get anywhere near the plants in the middle two rows and filling the nine was a drag because the little gauges stick constantly and the roots growing in the Rez grab a hold of them and they don’t read right.

I think I’m going to drill a small weep hole at the very top of each container so as I fill it I can see when it’s at the top.

I just finished Groving up The last tent from the Cannatrol. as it turns out the smaller plants do indeed produce smaller buds . The buds were fine and very pretty but the yield just wasn’t what I wanted . when I let wedding cake and ice cream cake get bigger they produce much larger buds with a much higher yield. The poor GMO was so blocked in she never did pack on weight I took her early and she was stunningly stinky and sticky so I can’t wait to test a sample of it see if GMO can be taken at 10 or 11 weeks if yield is not a concern.

These plants will be run way different . I also missed big honking 5 footers leaning over in the tent :sunglasses:

those that don’t believe in defoliation might want to stop reading now lol because these are going to be stripped like a mother, lol and have naked legs.

tent four is the last tent with the nine plants set up. it is at like seven weeks or so and is an absolute mess and an absolute abomination, lol . i’m just flat lucky that it’s still cool here and I can keep the humidity in check with some fans. it is such a jammed mess I can’t even get in there. there is zero light penetration past 1 foot from top of canopy.

gotta understand that it’s almost summer here in fact it was right at 90° already this week one day . it gets so damn hot here and so humid that no matter what my airflow is I cannot jam a tent like that in the summer. when it’s 45° outside and the humidity is low and I’m running my heater to pull more humidity I can get away with it. i’m coming into the next nine months of 100° and 90% humidity. I cannot have leaf upon leaf in the summer.

I have plenty of bud so I think I’m going to take this run and push the envelope a little and maybe do a lollipop to the extreme see what comes of it. see if I can get them to branch out a bit fill their area but not overfill it , and only allow nice branches to stay. I know six or seven nice even branches of wedding cake will produce big time so that’s what I’m gonna shoot for. 6 to 12 main branches per plant and nothing under the skirt and nothing in between either.

I ordered two more bungee nets so if necessary I can run a third net on each side .

I believe I will enjoy this run much more than the last run I just finished😎

23 Likes

It’s nice to have full jars and the ability to try new things!! Local guy strips them hard. His tents are a thing of beauty, great airflow and just stalks of bud!

5 Likes

ill be sticking around like a bad std. can get rid of me that easy!

plan sounds good im an extreme lollipopper and only keep top buds also. when a run gets away from me it always ruins the fun of harvest time trying to trim and dry larf. no thank you! just gotta stay on it early and often

3 Likes

Cool! I’m excited to see how the Octopups do on a larger scale, like this!! :sunglasses:
I brought my guitar for the campfire later. Pulling up a stump over here in the corner

4 Likes

GMO going into Cannatrol

15 Likes

GMO was the last plant of the "small size " run. She was run over by my faster plants, had to fight for light, and was taken weeks early…with that said…

She is one of the nicest plants i have ever grown. Stunning in person, dense buds, beautiful color. Stick factor as high as it gets imo, stink factor 10 !!! EVERY bud foxtailed, EVERY bud is quality. The trim took minutes, snip snip…less than even WC or TK.

Cant wait to try this “early” batch, but already know its kill bud!!! I made a hash ball from trimming her to place in Cannatrol, think ill pull out some well cured GMO and melt the hash ball onto a joint :heart_eyes:

Very glad Tent 4 has 3 GMO’s at 5.5 feet tall and 7 weeks in it :sunglasses:

THIS cut is a winner, and i shall continue to grow her for a spell yet

35 Likes