LGOGxSF šŸ‹ vs Alien Rift šŸ‘½

Transplanted 12 Lemon Garlic OG and 12 Alien Rift to 1 gallon pots in 100% coco. Still not sure if i wanna flower them right away or let them grow a little bit and then switch. If i flower them now they will stay in the one gallon pots. But if i run them in veg a little longer will transplant the females into 3 gallon pots.

What to do?

13 Likes

Choices, choices.

We wait and watch.

2 Likes

I have been keeping my plants in veg until I see pre-flowers, then cull the males and flip. Thatā€™s a lot of pots in there now :grin:

4 Likes

i would suggest growing them large enough to take clones before flowering

2 Likes

Iā€™ll second that.
Keepers in there for sure.
Looking-good @MadScientist :+1: :octopus:

2 Likes

Watch them and flip when you see preflowers. Since its your ā€œmaiden voyageā€ maybe you should forgo cutting on them and let ā€˜em go. Just sayinā€™. @MadScientist. I know whatever you do it will be a success. Just my .02 cents

2 Likes

I am not taking clones guys, i am only growing seeds for now. Definitely keepers in there but itā€™s too many of them. When looking for good phenos to clone, i believe i would crack a pack only, of whatever gen because that way you can dedicate time and spot traits that you want and allā€¦ In my case i need a pound or two of weed this one time aroundā€¦ Gonna try it.

When i said ā€œwhat to do?ā€ I was referring to trasnplanting before flipping or notā€¦ HAHA!

2 Likes

I mean what you know my brother. Good Growin! Itā€™s not like your short on seeds! Haha!

1 Like

my vote is flip now without transplant.

2 Likes

Donā€™t let them get too big, if half are female that is twelve plants. Use your best judgement. :grin:

3 Likes

If you flip those now and around 12 are females, I donā€™t think youā€™ll get the yields youā€™re looking for.
I keep short plants, but I like to wait until they make some full-sized leaves before I flip to 12/12. Just to make sure they are all out of the transplant-stunted-mode before initiating flowers.

I thinks itā€™s gonna be hard (impossible) to yield 2 elbows (or even 1) with a dozen 1-gal. pots.
Prove me wrong @MadScientist !!! Wouldnā€™t be the first time Hahaha :laughing:

5 Likes

I wanted to do that, but i donā€™t wanna screw up with the good genetics. My intention is to flower them and grow the best 3 or 4 out of each strain or something like that, 12 being optimal. But i donā€™t think i wanna transplant again. They stay in the one gallon pots. Way i see it with 16oz they went up they went up to 15 inches, and got some goods buds, so in one gallon they should be able to do at least twice as good. I think they stay there.

May i veg them until they are 15 inches and then flip? I would have 12 females in one gallon pots flowering in the 4x4.

Nothing like a good challege bro! Now i am gonna prove you wrongā€¦ HAHAHAHA

2 Likes

15 inches would be doable. You will probably be trimming the leaves quit a bit and i would use a bigger pot if it was me but 1 gallon might do it. (I am not estimating yield)

2 Likes

I understand, will do. Good little experiment.

But i might reconsider. And in that case i would do the 3 gallon pots, so i might be able to do 5 or 6 plants in the 4x4 or no?

2 Likes

So those are regular seeds not feminised? If regular I would wait until they show sex and then transfer them to bigger pots once you switch to 12/12 :slight_smile: If feminised I would veg them another week or two and then switch and leave in 1galon pots with no toping the plants :slight_smile:

What they of veg do you Have?

1 Like

Hey @Fisch! Thanks for your reply man. I am gonna veg them for two weeks aprox and then flip them, will get rid of the males and keep only the females obviously. But they will remain in the one gallon pots to see what happens. Cheers!

3 Likes

Cool. Depends on how many females you will have :slight_smile: But you saw my grows :slight_smile: I am also growing in 1galon pots only and the plants are just fine :slight_smile: If you use some proper root stimulator than you can have as big roots in 1 galon pot as in 2-3 galon pot :slight_smile:

1 Like

@MadScientist

A 4 x 4 is 16 sq. ft. so figure two foot a plant, so 8 plants would work or more if they are smaller and you trim almost all the leaf off as you flip. You can always pull a plant or two if they get too big and throw it outside.

2 Likes

Exactly my thoughs! Thanks bro.

2 Likes

If it were me Iā€™d wait a week and then flip them (I donā€™t think they will actually switch to flowering for another week or so even if you switch lights now, they donā€™t look mature enough). You can grow big plants in 1 gal pots of coco if you irrigate multiple times a day. Plus fabric pots are a pain to transplant from. Even if half of them turn out to be male I bet it will get pretty crowded in that tent!

2 Likes