Light burn? Early signs just began to show

So this leaf was snipped from my Stardawg plant and my LSD is also demonstrating early similar signs.

Both are in my indoor tent under 1200w LED’s.

I am running Mother Earth dry mix nutes top feeding once every 1.5 or so weeks. The nutes recommend top dressing weekly.

Watering every 2-3 days at this point with about a 6.5 pH.

This was the worst case leaf so it is really not bad but I am trying to be proactive here.

I have not changed anything up so my first thought was to raise the lights.

Tent temps are around 78 degrees Fahrenheit and I am in week 5 of veg.

Any insight is appreciated.

1 Like

I sincerely don’t think it’s a light burn. Check mines (cannot raise the lamp anymore :sweat_smile:)

As you may see the leaf is cupped trying to retain humidity and there is burning. Yours looks more like some pest (are these tiny eggs?)

Try to check with a microscope or a magnifying glass, I suspect some kind of bug chomping because of the nechrosis … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Put me down for a bug as well. I actually have the same thing but worse. I caught the little bugger in the act and have no clue what it is. Tiny little gnat flying around here and there is all I see

3 Likes

So upon further inspection I did find a tiny little worm like bug crawling on the underside of a fan leaf.

It looked almost orange in color and it was tiny. I think it is some sort of leaf hopper or thrip before it got the legs possibly.

I ordered some Captain Jack’s Deadbug and will be trying applying that this week.

If you have any other ideas feel free to shoot them my way. I appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out.

Hopefully getting rid of the problem isn’t too difficult.

5 Likes

I would severely defoliate so they have nowhere to hide and spray with diluted rosemary oil as prevention for them to expand until you get the bomb.

Try to have low temperatures and high humidity, that will stop them a bit, can you post pics of the whole plants? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Sorry they are sleepy right now and on their second round of LST so things are a bit crazy. Defoliation may not be a bad idea.

Here is the Stardawg

And here is the LSD by Barney’s (Both were started at the same time but the Stardawg has been a fast grower compared to this LSD)

In addition to that product I mentioned buying earlier. I bought some Lacewings for my outdoor LSD as I noticed some whiteflies earlier. Not sure about releasing Lacewings in my tent though.

Upon your description, they must be thrips. Fortunately you’re in veg and they don’t look much damaged. Try to spray them with Spinosad, here you will find useful tips … :sunglasses:

Nice I appreciate it.

The product I ordered contains spinosad so hopefully it works well.

Would you still recommend defoliation?

2 Likes

Only leaves apparently damaged or with eggs, I do defoliate but because here it is pretty humid and need some air flow, but also it may be a good way to get rid of those little bastards and don’t let them somewhere to hide.

You will see what to do, good luck and hit them hard stretcher|nullxnull before it is too late … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The marks on that leaf are caused by leaf miners.
They are the larvae of many types of flies/moths.

3 Likes

I agree that it looks like a leaf miner. I got those last year on my outdoor plants and neem oil seemed to work for getting rid of them.

2 Likes

Would y’all say this is light burn? Otherwise I’d call it a Ca deficiency based on what I’m seeing. Its happening on a handful of plants, the last ones not showing any of these signs before going into flowering. Theyve been in a little more than a week. The big one in the first few pics was showing the same in a 3gal in veg. Up potted to 7 gal, put her in flower, she was good for a while and is doing it again. I thought maybe the stretch put her too close?

Did you flower right after moving the plant?
You should wait a couple of weeks. Roots dont grow much in flowering period.
Could have damaged it when moving if veg perdiod not extended after moving.
A couple of weeks at elast.

I attack thrips with BTK. I used that to cure up the last batch of thrips on the living soil plants. Make sure to soak the ground and plants with yummy BTK and thrip parasites will experience genocide. Classic organic treatment.

no smell I can detect.

1 Like