Light stress / Burn What do you think?

Strain - Shaman photoperiod
Lighting - 120 watt draw ( 600 LEDKING )
Medium - coco coir / perlite
Tent 2x2 ( 60cm x 60cm )

So i’m really pleased with the first topping I did on my Shaman a couple of days ago!

Everything looks well with lots of tight node spacing and healthy growth…

I have noticed near the end of lights off 2-3 hours before… the main 4 x fan leaves love to point up high in the sky lol… This decreases the spacing between the tips of the leaves and the light distance from 17 inches to 14 inches…

Would you say I am correct in raising the light up 3-4 inches ?? I noticed there was a few tiny brown points on the end of the leaves which i’m sure is nothing major… ( hopefully!! )

Thanks

BM

( This is her tonight on Day 27 from Seed )

5 Likes

Looks very good. I’d wager that 14” is no big deal for that light.

Cheers

1 Like

You shouldn’t need to have the light that close in veg, If your running it at 100% it’s for sure too close(in my opinion). You would want that light at 100% about a foot+ in middle of flower(not sure of the light footprint). Hope this was somewhat helpful.

1 Like

perhaps so… in other circumstances maybe not… maybe its a combination of having a heat wave here in the UK so the 2x2 gets a bit hot aswell up to 28c at times during the day so could be just a combination of problems that I can and will address… better airflow and raise the lights…

Thanks

Thanks for the info defiantly a big help after all this beauty has the whole tent to herself which is very small and reflective so I agree I think the lights should be raised in my circumstances…

Thanks BM

Looks good to me. They’re a little light green but the new growth is coming out nice and healthy. I don’t think it is getting too much light, no curling on the leaf tips and praying to the light means a happy plant. Could just still be adjusting to the soil mix.

Edit: raising the lights will not hurt anything so you may as well give it a go if you think it may be the cause.

1 Like

Thanks for the info… Im in a coco / coir perlite mix, I water every day the drain off is crazy it literally drains most of the watering out… something i will adjust on my next grow… But…

as you say it is a healthy plant praying to the light so as long as i keep on top of it with watering im sure we can establish good root mass and get a solid yield.

I raised the lights - if it gets worse il check back and go to plan B / C which i agree may be something nutrient based… or soil based…

For slight light greening on them fan leaves what does this usually indicate?

Thanks BM

Yes for sure she is doing well. Slow down on the watering as well! Give it a dry back. Make sure the pot lightens up.

5 Likes

Looking good bro…full steam ahead.

3 Likes

Thanks. I did just that tonight… although I am in coco coir so not letting it dry out completely

2 Likes

Thank you! yes its my first ever plant… I topped it the other day so will have 2 main tops which il top again later then try and get them other nodes stretching up to form a lovely canopy for flower time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can I interest you in some LITFA?

9 Likes

:rofl: what and let the leaves burn a little more??

sounds like good advice!!

The light green means it’s hungry but with organic (I’m not sure what your organic method is with coco/perlite) the plants sometimes just need some time to adjust to the medium. That’s why i pointed out that your new growth looks good, they may be adjusting. I love organic soil. Peat or coco based is fine but add in a organic dry nutrient mix (one for vegetables at the garden store is great) and perlite. If you can get your hands on good compost, you just need that and peat/perlite or coco/perlite and the plants will be happy. No PHing water required. They may take a moment to get used to the soil, but when they do they explode.

1 Like

Light green and overfeeding doesn’t match icon_eek|nullxnull, that burnt tip may also come from a deficiency, what are you giving her? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ahh this sounds interesting yes i’ve got lots of experimenting to do as this is my first plant, sounds interesting il keep researching!

Soo… shes on Day 27, base nutrients / Calmag a little over half strength now as she gets a bit older. Soon to be increased to full feeding.

Will be adding in some Silicon & alternating between Rhizoton and Fish Sh!t later too!

@ReikoX
( PS Please do remember this is my FIRST EVER plant from scratch… )

Ive researched alot to get this far so go easy haha ) :cowboy_hat_face: :man_farmer:

2 Likes

The plant is fine dude. New growers always looking at the plants, trying to find something to do. Like watering, topping, and obsessing over this or that nutrient deficiency.

LITFA.

14 Likes

@ReikoX

Granted, i’m sure people do make a fuss of things that may not need touching…

but you’ve jumped on here telling me as a new grower trying to learn a thing or 2 to just leave it alone? so how long do i leave it alone for i’m quite interested?

Also… i’m sure i mentioned I saw crispy ends on the leaves maybe that went over your head… ?

@ReikoX has point and I guarantee he read the post and all subsequent post before posting

I’m also more surprised noone told you to LITFA before he did, there’s nary a plant I’ve seen from anyone that doesn’t have slightly browned tippy tips. Just a plant thing.

As a new grower, you’d think you’d take advice a little easier from seasoned folks here on the forum. This plant is semi set and forget… loooooottttt of wait time lol

11 Likes