Look out Oklahomas growers...bohica

Personally, I’m not a big fan of government.
But i myself am not a fan of a bunch of people moving to Oklahoma just to get into the cannabis scene. We need to make sure our locals and actual Oklahoma born and raised people have priority. And right now you have everyone and there brothers, from places like Colorado and Cali with have bank rolls . Who are buying big acreage
And just planting miles of plants. With no real concern for quality or ethical practices.

I’m not against people coming to Oklahoma and chasing a dream. But it’s getting crazy out of hand. Land is going for 5-6 times what it was pre medical. I have a plan I’m working on and I have still another 12-18 months before I can make my move. Mainly because of the increase is price. It’s brutal. Idk what the fix is. But I hope it doesn’t revert to some terrible plant count or other bs. And I don’t think we need suits and lifelong CEOs Running anything in regards to cannabis .

3 Likes

Maine tried to do that, only issue commercial license to Maine residents that have been here for X amount of years. But then there was a lawsuit from all the out of state companies and thr state had to change it.

Im just cynical enough to believe stitt is wanting a cut of that cali money…and this is his way of gettig it.

At least we have Ron and the rest of Veridian law on our side. They have helped tremendously on keeping it the way the people wanted.

1 Like