Looking to grow outdoors in the PNW

Hi everyone, I am looking to grown outdoors for the first time in the PNW. I’ve looked at the Canadian outdoor strains, given they’re already adapted to the region I am looking to grow in. I am think about buying BC Pinewarp seeds. BC Bud Depot claims they are an early finish, good yielding, have strong mold resistance and can handle colder weather as fall starts.

My question’s are has anyone here on OG grown BC Pinewarp? What has your experience been with BC Bud Depot? Also does anyone have any suggestion on strains that do great outdoors in the PNW that are similar to what BCBD claims Pinewarp is capable of (early finish, good yield, mold resistant)?

Thank you everyone for your suggestions, experience, and insight. I look forward to hear from you.

7 Likes

Hey, check out this collective of PNW growers who specialize in outdoor strains at very affordable prices:

3 Likes

i would recommend you to research some autoflower strains. most of them finish in 100 days.

Check out Jordan of the island he’s got a alot of outdoor BC variaties including texada timewarp !

2 Likes

Thank you for the lead, I will check them out.

Regards

I would ask @Oldtimerunderground. Take his advice seriously.

3 Likes

In the 90s we were running a couple of spots out of North Bend.
If I were to do it again, I would focus on mold resistant autos.
Chicken wire cages also; those jack rabbits just loved eating my freshly planted starters…And Dead Line to keep the slugs off the plants.

1 Like

Good to see that you’re thinking and planning ahead for the 2022 outdoor grow season. That’s the first step to success.

I haven’t grown Pinewarp yet, or ordered anything from BC bud depot. @Chronickyle has grown Pinewarp before, maybe he can share his experience with you so you have a better idea on what to expect.

Here’s a few

Guerilla Gold
Timewarp
Freezeland
Frisian Dew
Mighty Might
Erdpurt
Manitoba Poison

It also depends if you’re growing guerilla style in the bush, or on your own property. For guerilla grows, choosing the right place to plant and strain to grow are crucial. If growing on your property, you’ll have a bit more wiggle room in choosing what to plant, as you can setup a greenhouse with light dep and be able to protect the crop from weather and colder night temps late season. You’ll also be able to check on the plants more often, to identify/address any issues early on before they turn into real problems.

Hope this helps, and looking forward to seeing your grow next year!! :grinning:

Thank you for the tag @corey :pray:

4 Likes

Thanks for the detailed reply bud! I’m sure this will help out a lot of people.

3 Likes

I dont know how ordering is as i bought in person at a seed bank but the plant is incredible outdoors, pound plus plants are easy, done by October 1st, smells like. pine
I have hundreds of f2s

careful with this one, I had multiple herms from my frisian dew pack from DP, probably still have an unopened pack

mine always grow short and wideeee, super easy to hide these in hay fields

pretty much same story as pinewarp, but different smoke

5 Likes

Thank you for the info @Chronickyle

:thinking: Do you know if dutch passion ever sold these as regs? I have some that were gifted to me earlier this year and pretty sure they weren’t labelled as feminized. They weren’t in a breeder pack or anything, so who knows :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

not sure, i had fems though of the frisian dew

2 Likes

Thank you for the info and insight, I greatly appreciate it. I will keep you posted.

1 Like

That pineberry sounds real good. I love pine tasting weed. The more pine the better… there’s not much that I would trade in the vault, but would for a pure pine tasting smoke.

1 Like