Lots of fun and more mistakes

Hi!

after some lurking I have decided to share my tiny grow log; I am a huge fan of all micro growers that live in this space and I am trying to use all the knowledge I can find around so I’d like to give a warm thank you to everyone for the effort and documentation.

Time to show what is going on; I have started with a small flower chamber but I was disappointed by the poor performance of the light so now I am rebuilding it

I have another box that it is supposed to be the veg box but now it is working as a flower box, the ladies are sooo small but you have to start somehow :slight_smile:

Uploading… Uploading… Uploading… Uploading…

I also plan to work with low tech sensors and boards like NodeMcu, I hope to put together a system that I can watch and operate remotely but probably this is just a dream :slight_smile:

10 Likes

mmm ok in the first post I faied to post some images :slight_smile:

these flowering plants started in the other box with a 70W led light but there was some problems, first of all no stretch so I have replaced it with 5 screw in bulbs that seems to perform better

yes those are dwarf plants but I am more satisfied with the results

9 Likes

there are also two new comers, all bag seeds I don’t know what I am growing, how fun is that? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looks like your off to a great start! Just remember, Trial and error = increased knowledge :wink:

5 Likes

And loads of frustration :rofl:

1 Like

frustration is the fuel :smiley:

4 Likes

the tiny ladies are doing their best to please me and they are putting some weight! I didn’t expect anything for this run and I am very pleased how things are going in that room :slight_smile:

Now it seems that they cannot hold a lot of water so maybe I have to water two times a day, lets see tomorrow morning…I’d like to automate my watering schedule but I don’t think I will be able to do it until next month (or two)

And here it is the second box, it lacks extraction and ventilation, and maybe I can fit a couple more lights in there; I’d like to use the smaller one for mothers, clones and new seeds so I need to finish this soon

8 Likes

The title of this thread mentions mistakes, the first has been to put some seeds in soil thinking that those would not sprout…5 of 6 germinated and then I had to leave for a week, surprisingly they decided to live anyway, so yeah a lucky mistake

second one was that I didn’t have a room so I quickly built one with just two off the shelf lights to keep things going, the plants seemed “happy” and then I have added a more powerful led light.

the third one has been to switch to 12-12 too early plus a sub optimal substrate and this is why those are so small but at least I have something going and I am happy anyway :slight_smile:

two of the three remaining females have lots of leaves under the flowering upper part so I am thinking about revegging those to see what happens; of the two males just one survived and it is throwing some pollen, maybe I can pollinate a branch or two to see what I can get

6 Likes

it is looking good…

typically if they are in a smaller container, they’ll need water a couple times a day but seems like youre on it…

switching the light is a matter of preference and your optimal switch point will come to you in time… there are growers here that start their whole grow on 12/12 and a couple of us are doing it for a contest soon

and they intake/exhaust is pretty easy diy for a small space… doesn’t have to be done giant project… they just need air flow

but looking good… the next couple weeks should pan out quite well for them if they keep it up

6 Likes

Totally agree!! They have filled the space beautifully and look as happy as can be…perceived mistakes and all :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

thank you all for the support!

There is some more space left to be filled but I could not expect more and in this situation I could not be happier!

Tomorrow the other box will get some ventilation and flowering plants will be moved to that space, I am using this grow as an experiment after all, so if I will fry those dwarfs at least I will have some data to work on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t believe I have added the ventilation to the other box! usually I am such a slacker during the weekend AHAH! :slight_smile:

it seems a bit empty right now, I need to fill it with some more ladies but probably I will have to wait until next month.

there are a couple of plants I think I can reveg

and this one is the frostiest I hope to keep her as a mother

this one is the second best but it seems there is no material to reveg her, too bad

the smaller box is now the vegging cloning and sprouting room, it feels soooo empty but at least this will be easier to fill :slight_smile:
these are also bag seeds

8 Likes

All ready for the weekly update, run the script to remove exif data from images and lost everything for a stupid mistake :rolling_eyes:

Now flowering ladies are sleeping so I have to wait until tomorrow to take photos :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Here is the real update

Lets start with the best one in the round, still small but packing some weight, it smell a bit of garlic and sweet, can’t wait to taste it :slight_smile:

this one in the front is the second best, it has a lot of green on it and less resinous

and now comes the poor lady, it was the second best but something happened and it seems to locked so today everyone received a water flush

This round has been so and so, flowered too early, no stretch and too much experimentation with the nutrients; some plants have responded “well” but the locked one is a clear sign that I haven’t been listening to plant needs.

This is the veg box with the new ladies, still unknown seeds, one plant is growing nicely but the other one seems to be not too happy

And finally some fem seeds, nothing fancy but knowing the sex in advance is a huge relief, lets hope for the best :slight_smile:

That’s all folks, see you next update :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Text only update today!

So far one of the females decided to die, it has been cut earlier this week but I don’t expect it to produce more than 1 gram of useless weed, the best one instead had some rock solid nugs, I expect 4-5 grams dried, not bad for such a problematic grow :slight_smile:

Tomorrow more details and photos of the boxes

2 Likes

So here we are

Lets start with the last flowering plant

like the other one I don’t expect it to produce more than few grams, but well, better than nothing! :slight_smile: I have also decided to lower the plants, probably the plants were too close to the lights so maybe this is the reason of seeing no stretch at all

here is the group view of the veg box, I am surprised how well one of the bag seed is going and super happy because the one that was having an hard time is going relly better now, there are also some new comers, in no particular order, White Widow, Blueberry Gum, Pineapple Express and Peyote Cookies (not really sure about this one, but peyote is part of the name :sweat_smile: )

There are even a couple of plants that I am trying to reveg, never done this but the plants had a very nice smell and I’d like to have those as mothers, hope it works!

So, now I am not sure if I want to re-pot this one or try to flower it as it is; I can clearly see that there are a lot of roots inside its container and more space will help for sure but I don’t know the sex yet (bag seed)

and the recovering one, not bad not bad

4 Likes

i would repot it, wait two weeks and throw it into flower, maybe take a few cuttings, so if It is a female ull have stock for your next run and no guessing. I would try to avoid a clear container for repotting., or cover it with tape or something.

2 Likes

Hi @Doulovebeef, thank you for the suggestions!

I have repotted it, there was not much space left inside that small container, but the pot was too big and there was not enough space in the box so I had to move it to the flowering box; this week end I’ll post some new photos, that nice plant grew a lot in a week! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is the new batch, some have been growing nicely but the pineapple had some burns, probably a light feeder compared to the others; I think I was feeding with an out of scale ph, today I have started to adjust it, probably I need a ph-meter to not get in this situation again, can some one suggest a good one that will not hit my wallet too hard?
Also one of the new bad seeds started flowering, I am not sure if this is related to stress or maybe autoflowering…

And here is the other bag seed, shortly after it has been put in the 12/12 box it showed its sex, a female! but could it be that it is an autoflowering plant too? tomorrow I will switch it to 18/6 to see what happens, if it switches back to veg I will take some clones and flower it again otherwise I will experience my first auto :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Tight internodal spacing, very nice! I can never get my stuff to get that tight

1 Like