Lots of fun and more mistakes

@Doulovebeef Thanks! to be honest this is the first time that I get such tight internodes, not bad for those off the shelf led lights :smile:

Now she has started to stretch which, compared to the previous round, I consider as a sign of an healthy root system

1 Like

Wow it’s that time of the week again :smile:

Let’s start with the flowering chamber
the lady has started to stretch quite a bit and since it was too close to the lights I’ve decided to train it “a bit”
I am quite satisfied by the structure, I have learned that veg time it is important, last time I have rushed too early to flower

And now the veg chamber

The experiment with the hempy bucket is not going well, I had to move the pineapple to a “normal” bucket, I am still trying to keep the white widow in the hempy and to reduce watering time to let it dry a bit more; the pinapple was suffering too much and didn’t want to risk too much
The other two are going waaaay better and one of the two seems to be a sativa (to my pleasure, my Mrs. prefers indica leaning plants)

It is surprising to see how fast the ladies are going, from time to time I look at the previous week’s post and the growth seems “incredible”! By looking at the plants every day, the change is not as noticeable :slight_smile:

6 Likes

unscheduled update today!

The flowering lady has stopped stretching and she started to produce some flowers! Probably she likes her new larger home :slight_smile:

and in the background (on the left) there is a newcomer, I have take some clones while cleaning the bottom part, I hope to see some roots in the next weeks

These are the generation, a couple of seeds performed very well while others have had lots of problems related to my (failed) experimentation with hempy buckets but…

…after some changes those are recovering! unfortunately my Mrs. have to wait a bit more to have her pinapple but at least now she will have some in the future :smile:

5 Likes

one more quick update

today I have decided to bend the bigger lady because she was too close to the lights in my opinion, plus now there is more space for the new lady in the box!

8 Likes

It’s that time of the week again, finally!

I like this weekly schedule because the progress of the plants seems much better with this perspective :smiley:

Plants in the veg box are only receiving some food once a week and get water every other day, they are very green so it seems they don’t need much more, yes there is some yellowing here and there but overall they seems fine; the two bigger plants need a bigger pot for sure but there is not much space left, once the cloning experiment will be finished I’ll give 'em a bigger house for sure, I hope they are not suffering too much :frowning:

And here is the flowering box!
The older one has finished the stretching phase and she is forming flowers, I hope she is not too close to the lights; compared to the previous run this a totally different planet! The substrate is almost totally coco and I don’t know what I am doing but it seems I ma doing well(ish) ahah

The younger have not much to show right now but she seems healthy so nothing to complain

I am thinking about a new mini box like the veg one in order to have one for the seedlings/clones, one for “bigger” vegging plants plus mothers and the flowering box; I will still have a problem because with larger pots I can only have two, max three in flower…mumble mumble mumble

10 Likes

quick update because not much is happening which is kind of good anyway :slight_smile:

The newest has decided that it its time to stretch a lot and the main cola have reached the lights so that branch have been bent some more; also she started to produce some flowers! good girl :slight_smile:
The bigger one is almost stable, the flowers have started to gain some weight and in general she is progressing really well; probably she will need more than a month to finish, can’t wait to test her!

And now it is time for the vegging box
The big empty space is used for the clones (which are missing in this update but are still alive but no roots in sight)
I’d like to use that space to give bigger pots to the two girls on the back because they have barely some root space…I really need a new box

That’s it for today, hope to show more exciting updates in the future!

p.s.and I hope to restart with my automation project soon, but this is another story…

4 Likes

I had some time to do a bit of work today, nothing big but worth sharing

In the flower chamber I have bent to younger lady a bit more and have rotated the older one, to better use the available space; unfortunately the main cola of the younger got too close to the lights and it is a bi burned, damn

One other thing I have noticed is that I could start to bend the plants a bit earlier to better use the limited amount of vertical space I have

Finally I have had the time to move the bigger vegging ladies into a bigger pot, meanwhile one have been topped and the other one (topped by itself) have been bent a “bit” (too much, one stem broken, but recovering)
Now I have probably enough time until the flowering ladies will be ready; the only concern is, will I be able to fit those two plants in that small flowering box after so much veg? Challenge accepted! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

how many watts you running``?

@shroomgod
around 60W in veg and 90W in flower, don’t know the exact amount but I usually buy 14/16W bulbs plus some (the purple ones) are weaker, in the range on 9W

veg box have 5 bulbs (one purple) and flower have 6 (two purple)

1 Like

greetings everyone, I hope you are enjoying your holidays!

the veg box is thriving and I can’t wait to put something new in flower BUT I need to wait and growing (everything) is a waiting game so calm down a take care of the boxes please :slight_smile:

Every other day I try to optimize the space but I am not totally happy yet, the clone “box in the box” is taking a lot of space and I don’t know how I can find more space when the rooted clones will be ready to be moved (at least on already showed some roots) to a new home
Here are some shots of the veg space

The flower box instead is doing its job, I’d like to try a sog after this run, or the next one, let’s see

6 Likes

Today I want to start with the veg box because it is the one that is consuming most of my time lately.

As can be seen it is now full and there is not much space left horizontally plus a coupe of clones have show roots…where I will put those it is still a puzzle to be solved, the easiest solution would be to get a new box and put the two bigger in flower mode but I don’t know where to hide the box!

The flower box instead is kind of fine, I only need to be patient and wait for the ladies to finish; the older one probably requires at least three or more weeks to finish while the other one has just started to produce flowers

3 Likes

I think that growing plants (in general) teaches us the art patience but, unfortunately, I am a terrible student so to free some space in the veg box I moved the last unknown seed and one of the clones to the flower box; they are not receiving a lot of light but enough to keep em going

continuing with the flower box, the one on the right seems almost ready, I think that in two weeks she will be chopped; the smell is promising, I hope that the taste on par
The younger one instead seems to have smaller flowers and less resin compared to the other one at the same age but I want to keep her anyway, maybe in the future the situation will change :slight_smile:

The veg box is still too full, the biggest ones are waiting to fill the flower box and the smaller one are waiting for a new bigger pot

also a new clone have found a new home, there are plenty of other clones almost ready but still there is no space left :slight_smile: so the plan is to put those clones to flower as soon as possible and see what happens

2 Likes

Starting from today I have decided to track flowering and veg boxes with different posts but still same thread since I don’t have that much to share (at least compared to the other, more prolific members of this awesome corner of the internet)

I want to start with the box

The oldest lady (bag seed) seems to be ready to be chopped, compared to the previous round I am reeeeally happy about the results and I hope it tastes better

the younger one have a very different bud structure and I am not sure I want to wait until she is ready; the plan be could be to put her outside and see what happens

5 Likes

Here comes the veg box

This is the second clone that showed roots, the first one have been put into flower last week; probably I will put those clones in flower mode as soon as possible because they come from the sativa leaning lady with long pistils (and my beloved one prefer indica leaning flower…)

These are the pinapple express and the white widow, they are only receiving water because of the limited space in the veg box.
As soon as possible I will take clones of those

the blueberry and the peyote cookie are reaching to roof, can’t wait to put those in the flower box, for sure they will overgrow the available space :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A lot have changed during the weekend so for this time I’ll do one post for veg and flower

The oldest lady have been finally cut so the space have been used to put those two big vegging plants that were filling the veg box…now they are filling the flowering box :smiley:
Those are sativa leaning and I know that I will have an hard time to contain and adjust their growth

The pineapple and the whitewidow are doing just fine, the former have been transplanted to a bigger pot (it was so much needed) but the WW can wait a bit longer

Almost all clones showed some roots so now I have a bit too much of those but not sure if all will survive; right now I am trying to slow down the growth of everything to make some time before I will have more space in the flower box again

4 Likes

I skipped last week update, so I had a look at the previous post to compare the actual state of the boxes and wow, what a change!

The flower box now is super full but thanks to some cleaning I have gained some space to put a couple of the clones.

Here is the flower box before the cleaning

and after plus bending

The veg box was full as well

but now they have more space to grow and breathe

cant wait to have more space to make some clones of the pineapple and the white widow

5 Likes

well, again an update after two weeks, and like the previous one, the difference in growth is well visible :slight_smile:

the veg box is so full that I am thinking about a small SOG to get rid of all the clones at once, as soon as I can get some free space in the flower box; I had to bend and clean all plants but I am satisfied by the result

before

and after

on the flowering side, the box is still too much full but I am somewhat happy with the results

5 Likes

Lately I have been veeery lazy with the updates but things have been moving nicely so far, yes the results I am getting are not stellar but I have noticed a general improvement on overall quality of the plants :slight_smile:

A couple of plants have been collected, I am expecting 15-20 grams per plant which is not that bad, I think that the gram per watt is around 0.7-0.8 which is not bad at all.

The veg box is now holding the pinapple express mother plant, a couple of old rooted clones (which I had to downsize a lot) and a round of new clones, this time, seen the limited space I have, I am trying a new method, if it works the mother plant will go into flower mode as soon as possible!

in the flowering box now there is more light available to every plant; as can be seen there are a lot of smaller plants, I have decided to flower some clones at early stage and small pot to get rid of the excess plant I had in veg, probably I will not get much from those but I could not get rid of 'em.
The white widow shows she suffered a lot in the smaller pot, also she didn’t get any fertilizer until I moved her in the flower box.

4 Likes

It seems that the cloning method I am using works! probably it is not the fastest but the first two pineapple clones showed some roots and have been transplanted :smile: now I am waiting for white widow clones to show some roots since the mother have been transplanted and moved to the flower box.
Unfortunately the flower box is full now so I cannot put the pineapple mother plant to flower but at least I can cut more clones to control her height while I am waiting for a spot to put her in

1 Like

another clone showed root and has been transplanted, if I am not mistaken it is another pineapple express.
My method consists in taking a clone as usual, cut, put in water to prevent air in the main trunk, cut again, peel the external part of the trunk, remove leaves tips then put it in coco filled planter and finally inside some container and add water for the next days…until it dies or shows roots

ha

some of the old clones of the bag seed plants have been moved to the flower box and it is too crowded again but my plan is to try to get at least a couple of nugs from each until there is enough space to flower the pineapple mother and later (finally) try a sog.

4 Likes