Loud (road-kill) skunk

Well. The males I planned to use all came out fem.

I’m my world I always have plans for plans for plans.

After a 3 day kambo and bufo ceremony this super pungent 81 skunk male appeared. It wasn’t what I wanted but maybe the best thing as I do ha e some Mexicans and Peruvians that require the most pungent afghanica I have ever happened across

Here he is. I have been in the garden nightly dusting selected branches and I am sure the closer fems will all go to seed.

I have also found another green kandahar female that reeks like dead skunk walking by and brilushing up or in the air after a stem rub. Need to take cuts from her soon as she wasn’t my original kandahar black “green” pheno I rooted

I gotta say. Even his pollen is sticky and stanky. My pollination method requires me walk around the garden with a ziploc bag filled with pollen

mm

22 Likes

anyone ever notice the skunk smell is more prevalent just after chopping/drying rather than older cured/aged bud? or, sometimes i can’t smell how skunky it is until i put it in a bag, have someone put it in their pocket and i follow them to their car. i have

3 Likes

Wow! Please find the :skunk: Skunk and make genetics repeatable. Good luck.

1 Like

what is the line from which this male belongs?

2 Likes

This is due to thiols.

https://sci-hub.se/10.1007/s007260170045

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/acsomega.1c04196

3 Likes

i’m aware. why it is not sensed all the time is something else. the volatile nature of thiols may have something to do with all of my observations.

2 Likes

It’s an old afghani hindu kush (81 skunk) from an 80 year old breeder in Ontario :grinning:

mm

7 Likes

Some cool info from nevil

The original super skunk was backcrossed to very skunky maple leaf indicas.

And these indicas (afghanicas) are what never calls road kill skunk archetypes

mm

14 Likes

I went down that rabbit hole and it explains a lot about how maple leaf and super skunk were made. Jim Ortega was the man!

4 Likes

Be nice to find some killer skunk weed been lookin for quite awhile

5 Likes

You and 35,456,545 of us.

9 Likes

Meigs Gold, isnt a myth.

First Skunk I ever saw/smelled/smoked was in 1978.

My buddy used to play in a band, and opened for several big acts in the late 60s and 70s. Joe Walsh being one of them.
He was also in a band with Ralph Morman in the 70s. Ralph was the singer on Joe Perrys solo album when he quit Arrowsmith. Let the Music do the Talking. Ralph was from our hometown. He passed about 6-8 years ago. He also sang for Savoy Brown, Bux, and Angel. My buddy that knew Noodles, passed last Oct 31. I found him passed on in his home. He was 72.

My buddy Carl, met Noodles in 1972. This was in Athens Ohio, at Ohio University.

My buddies band. Appalachian Mainline was opening for James Gang, and he met a guy named William Keith “Noodles” Hayes. He was from Meigs County Ohio, which back in the 70s, was known as the Humboldt County of the East.
Noodles was the Originator of Meigs County Gold.
Noodles invited my friend to come to his farm, and not long after, my buddy went to his farm, and Noodles gave him some Indica seeds. This was the first Indica I ever saw/Smoked. 1972.

Noodles gave my buddy the Shunk in 1978, and he grew it, and the Indica until 1984, when an alleged friend ratted him out, and he lost the genetics.

Noodles got busted ( Ratted Out ) in 1999, and spent 7 years in federal prison for cultivation.

While I dont know if Noodles was pulling my buddies leg or not, and didnt want him to know the genetics of the skunk he gave my buddy.

But he told my buddy the skunk he has was a cross of Kerala, and an unnamed Indica. I will say one thing. Very few people had ever heard of Kerela, in 1978.

12 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

I’ve heard from a few very reputable sources that “haze” came from a guy who’s last name was “hayes”

Really appreciate the info. I wonder if the kerela x indica is the same as what neville sold?

White widow and rhino have that hybdrid I em and are or used to be quite skunky

mm

6 Likes

Too bad the Soviet’s invaded in 79 and that Kerala is likely gone :cry:

Nevil’s Mazar-i-shariff that went into NL1 was pre-invasion too. He never found anything better from there after that.

4 Likes

@ DC

5 Likes

Oops. I thought kerala was south indian…are you saying it’s an afgahni?

mm

2 Likes

S. India

mm

2 Likes

Kerela is indeed South Indian. I think from the mountains. The Real Seed company sells it.

Kerala

£22.49 – £44.99

SKU: N/A Categories: Landrace, Sativa-type, Tropical India

The skunk my buddy got from Noodles, was for sure Sativa dominant. Arm length colas, and plants 8+ feet tall.

6 Likes

Wha wh whw hwa ??!! Copa has a cut of Meigs Gold he’s breeding with?!~!~
That can’t be real. I’d love to hear how he got his hands on that.

4 Likes

It is doing great on his IG.

2 Likes