Lucy, the strain

So what is the word on a strain called Lucy? All I can find is strain descriptions. I can’t find any personal grow info.

I always wanted to grow a strain that had high THC numbers and still carried a decent amount of CBD. I wanted something like, 20% THC 10% CBD. This sounds like it might get mighty close. They quote 15 to 18% THC and 5 to 12% CBD.

I have a hybrid that is Lucy x Hotcakes from Katsu. If the Lucy clone is anything like his other clones it should carry the best combination of THC and CBD. The “What happens next” is the part that gets my stoned mind going LOL.

5 Likes

It’s hard to tell in advance what a cbd x thc hybrid is going to do in the progeny. You really have to grow it out and test it to find out what the cannabinoid ratios are.

8 Likes

id like to see that if you find it, pretty sure its the chem 91 x b haw, so i guess the cbd comes from the hawaiin? let me know when you grow those out if you dont mind. Ive seen/heard of 2:1 numbers in that range once before on a spanish cross of critical plus and something else… channel plus from medical seeds. i actually dont know if my friend just found a left field plant but i totally share your sentiment. I have one type II plant that tested around 8% and 9% so more or less 1:1 but 2:1 i could see having unique value. Ill say the channel plus had really bland terps so i may have been one of the very few even interested in it. The effects were relaxing, somewhat sedative but not sleep inducing, in my experience. Not that anyone asked. Interesting selection on the seeds; i noticed “koala nuts” and wondered where that moniker came from, still waiting to hear the story. probably the only name left not already in use

I realize the offspring will be different. I hope to know what the test numbers are for the exact Lucy plant that was used. It will help me decide. If it is a 2-1 THC/CBD or close to it. I will run the hybrid. How the offspring come out will still be up in the air. I could end up with a 2-1 CBD dominate hybrid out of the deal. It could happen which is why I hate playing with CBD.