Luminescent Dissolved Oxygen Probe

Just thought I’d pass this along. Someones selling an LDO probe + meter for fairly cheap on ebay for ~150. The meter + probe combo would typically retail >1K for a new unit off the shelf. Hach makes good field probes. This appears to be a slightly older model.

This item no longer available.

The sensor cap might need to be replaced which would be an additional ~125USD. The caps last for some time until the coating is destroyed or wears off. Please verify ahead of time on the cost and availability for replacement caps.

An LDO probe is useful for measuring dissolved oxygen in solution and would be primarily of interest to experimenters and DIY jockeys.

10 Likes

Another LDO probe on Ebay, this one without the meter but is new and is a current probe offered by Hach:

The price for that LDO probe is “good” as those retail for about $900 but you’d also need to shop for a Hach HQd meter. These probes also provide atmospheric pressure and temperature along with dissolved oxygen.

Again, namely for experimenters, DIY types, or commerical/industrial.

Andddddd the first one is gone :slight_smile:

Edit, i see it was 21 days ago. Nm

1 Like

Another one posted from the same vendor:

Good price. You’d need a Hach HQd meter to use this.

While still pricey, this is a good deal for one of these (I’d negotiate an even better price):

This one is a process probe where the previous models are portable/handhelds. You’d need an SC100 controller for this one which go for pretty cheap on ebay (100 or less). And, for accuracy you’d need some way to monitor barometric pressure to adjust saturation maximums if looking to determine DO in percentages.