Lyrical hip-hop heads unite

Nice, Hip hop Junkie here…and lyricist, and beatmaker (used to be MPC 2000xl, 2500) wre my tools.
Grew up on East coast and underground westcoast. Lived 10 years in Cali, during the “golden era”, 90-99, peace

6 Likes

I had a hook, "The hip hop force is all in me/ my ears my eyes, my personality/ my walk my talk it’s who I be/from now until infinity/…wrote in 2003

6 Likes
3 Likes

There are many evolutions of hiphop also.

Low End Theory came about from the LA beat scene (Project Blowed etc.) In the late 90’s to mid 00’s and by 2010 had formed into a electronic based multi genre collective and club night. Everything was rooted in hiphop. Then you got stuff like this

Then there’s DJing

Can’t forget DJ Shadow

3 Likes

Paz is still one of the best and dopest of all time. I got plenty of his stuff on my playlists. :beers:

3 Likes

I bought Violent by Design 3 times and now it isn’t even on Apple Music.

4 Likes

Yea, that’s a dope track.

Another one:

I dont like when he flows over happy type beats

Like this

4 Likes

It’s an interesting juxtaposition. Makes you want to dance and punch someone in the face at the same time.

3 Likes

Back then it made me just not want to buy the album.

2 Likes

I prefer this:

2 Likes

I’ll just leave this little ditty here

Edit, maybe his best flow (ignore the slump god)

3 Likes
5 Likes

I didn’t see any blueprint in here.

2 Likes

I want to flood this thread with earl sweat, but I’ll drop some Sly Tendencies instead. This is a 13/14 year old earl, pre odd future.

4 Likes

Nice thread @Dirt_Wizard

As far as Jedi Mind Tricks and Immortal technique I saw them together down at the Glass house in Pomona, California back in 2010 -11 or somewhere around then…

This many years later it’s a bit of a blur, that was my first hip-hop show as you guys probably noticed I’m more of a deadhead type dude myself but that show was a shitload of fun!

4 Likes

Some rappers I like.

2 Likes

Can’t leave out Killer Mike and El P!!

4 Likes

Sure, it takes all directions once people find their groove and art, I love a lot of Project Blowed/Good Life-related artists, but I went in another direction following the weird arty backpack political rappers out of that scene- Jurassic 5, Busdriver, 2Mex, Open Mike Eagle and the Freestyle Fellowship:

In college my first roommate was a Busdriver speed rap goofy shit fan and I was loving Paris’s crazy lines in his own stuff, this is a great collaboration (I think this is the same Paris?)

5 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1 remember this one? Blew my mind the way Ill Bill reworked Redman:

6 Likes