MadScientist's 2nd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

@Enstromentals i believe @GreenCaciqueHawaii just cause i know removing plants from there pots then throwing them back in can make it look that way due to potentially not going exactly back into the same spot or some crumbs from the top fell down the side, or even if your say your topping the cup up with soil but filling the bottom and sides while pulling the main root ball up.

btw @GreenCaciqueHawaii Yeah buddy looking good.

6 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle yes and fabric pots air prune do w i did was ligth pruning trying to make the plant.grab good the soil

3 Likes

My plants on the other hand are saying “F U were growing and we don’t care what you want” Bastards lol.

Anyways got a 1/4lb bag of rubber bands im gonna implement shortly

Day 28 / Week 4 from sprout.

11 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle yes they really overgrow the space really fast , i reicive some auto flower from a friend will try 2 in next run, my first ones were a complete failure

1 Like

Knocked them back… for now… utter mess

11 Likes

mahalo brah I thought I was the only one having “auto” problems too. I feel your pain brotha my first go was a complete FLOP too👍

Here is my update hahaha you can see her only pistil in the pic, hasnt gotten much bigger but she starting her into flower stretch since yesterday so we will see just how small i can keep her hehe

3 Likes

@Hoodini yes i feel you the first one i did were gorilla glue from fastbud and they were a fast faliure the bigger one was near 10 inches and like 7 dry grams the smaller was like 4 inches not even a gram, i have now 2 different ones and want to test it i have plants ready to flower once the ones in the flower tent finish i think if have space for one to test it again hahahah

1 Like

We’ll good I’ll be watching your thread then bro!:+1:
I’m excited to see who wins its been an exciting race haha I think we all got lucky that @ReikoX “man’d out” , sorry that happened reiko😔 but good lucky to toast, mad, mr.sparks, and you brotha green!

4 Likes

Happens sometimes. I’m still here watching and placing bets!

6 Likes

I’ll take 2:1 on me losing! I’ll bet 5 beans

4 Likes

Front, right…Is that a square knot? :wink: :laughing: :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

lol maybe, there are a couple more in there haha, gotta do what you have to.

3 Likes

So looks like I’m still alive here, out of 6 plants that I started with, the two in the very back of my tent still have not shown sex, crazy.
Fingers crossed here but judging by what you guys are showing, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to catch up.
The pankyrang on the left had some fierce burning, so I gave it an ugly topping LOL

10 Likes

the one on the right looks good, left a little rough for wear. They just need a little attention like all plants :wink:

6 Likes

The one on the right is a Greenpoint Doc Holliday, the majority of my grows have been Greenpoint and I have had excellent luck with them.
The plant on the left is a nerds genetics which I really know nothing about but I was gifted the seeds.

The left plant had considerable leaf tip burn so I gave it a custom hack job, I’m not expecting much to come from it but I will focus my energy on the Doc Holliday.
I did a flush to check the ppm’s and 2000, yikes, lol, that’s as high as my meter goes so who knows what it was actually. So I continued the flush until I got it down to a couple hundred and then made up some fresh nutes.
I’m learning a lot from this little competition, trying to push the plants seems more detrimental then letting things flow on its own.

5 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle i have a question, if in soil how far you had been able to push in nutrients, im not going more than 1200ppm ,but one day feed 3100ppm and was the day she stretched like hell , what do you think go to the 2000ppm or stay down , ofcourse the day i feed the 3100 was hot i water her 4 times that day, is for me the first time i use mineral nutrients (chemicals) im feeding 50/50 veg and flower ,even with that having some leaves on bottom turning yellow shes hungry or at least look like , in the place in the tent she is sitting is in the hotspot could be near 1200 to 1400 ppfd

1 Like

6 Likes
6 Likes

All I can say is HOLY CRAP @GreenCaciqueHawaii
🖒:metal::ok_hand:

@Hoodini and i dont know if can push stronger on her ,im impressed with this strain , i had a 3 pack i grew one once and she went thru hell never hermied or nothing i try to reveg her and astuuf went bad so i had to sacrifice her , cuz i was curious and saw that was so resilient want to try it for the cup challenge, will me difficult for me to kill her so gave it a chance and im loving it , she will be part harvest and reveg when finish, i want to clone her to do a full grow of it

3 Likes