MadScientist's 2nd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

Oh ya brother I definitely want to try that strain, she looks amazing

@GreenCaciqueHawaii before answering the question should consider or think about something first about ec/ppm and how and what were measuring and how it can be different for different medias and nutrients.

What were measuring is the electrical conductivity of the water. so typically as we add more nutrients were adding more materials that make the water more conductive thus increasing our conductivity and our ec/ppm reading.

But some materials are better at conducting than others, such as the components that make up fertilizers, some may contribute a crap ton of nutrients but add very little conductivity, where as others may add 2-3-5 times the conductivity in say the same amount of nutrients usable by the plant, just cause they are made up different. Some medias such as soil also decomposes which breaks down the soil to release nutrients styore in the soil so long as you have healthy bacteria going, where as inert medias contribute nothing so you have to supplement completely with fertilizers so a plant can grow

So saying that EC’s are only comparable with same nutrients, and same media’s.

But how much can you push or have i ? well as much as the plant can take, but there is a balancing point or happy range per say where the plants are comfortable, go out side that plus or negative then they don’t like it, but other factors come into it such as watering frequency, alternating feeding periods with straight water in between, to forcing runoff or having none.

saying that 3k is quite high, can be done if followed by plain or lower feed waterings but not forever and really that depends on the nutrient, say if it was miracle grow your plant would be dead.

The stretching though probably heat induced or hunting for light or a combination of things.

Always look at a plant as a whole, like your plants look super healthy up top but say your lower leaves down low may not be getting as much light or because your plant is starting to flower hard and you dont have much lower foliage going on its pulling hard on the couple leaves you do have as they redirect energy up top.

9 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle im doing a combination of chem nutrients and organic because rhis ones im using dint interfere with the microbes so yes i let the pla t stretch when in veg like a week in a window is that needed her to be near the rest of the canopy in my tent ,i think will take the 2 small branches on bottom and do clones with them if not the plant will kill them , and feed at least at 2000ppm on the nukeheads nutrient now in unisng 50/50 veg/ flower , will use now the flowering formula on 1200ppm and see in 3 days if see she can handle will i crease like 200ppm a day

2 Likes

Not too much pistil action going on, I’m surprised some of you folks water as much as you do, I’m only having two water these girls every second to Third Day

12 Likes

Okie dokie

kinda blurry… but that’ll do pig… that’ll do

7 Likes

Does it count as cheating if I promise everyone who votes for my plant gets at least 1 seed from the prize for voting for my plant???

6 Likes

hahahahaha!!!

you know I’d think no… but someone will be promising 1500% of what they’ll win before the contest is up haha

2 Likes

Hey it’s all about SPREADING THE LOVE anyway right?. . .We are all winners?? Lol I wouldn’t want to take away from the true 16oz cup master so I’ll start some side bets to win seeds to share. . . Any takers?? Whatchu want man? Let me know I got you!

4 Likes

Well hello gang…

UPDATE

I thought they stopped stretching, LOL!

Gonna raise the light a couple of inches. Getting fed twice a day, 100mL 1400ppm @ 6.2pH.

Sci :robot:

10 Likes

I can’t even see the back row!?!:wink:killer :sunglasses:

1 Like

@MadScientist well bro ,i dont know if you studied by the moon the germinating, but it was a good time when we sprouted , plus i am following my lunar calendar could be why shes doung good and yours too , @Mr.Sparkle is killing ot with his autos too and you are not behing @MadScientist yours are exploding cheers

6 Likes

Well, i felt they were very close to the light, and therefore i moved the light a little bit. About two inches up. But that is the limit of the tent.

I fastened it to the frame ot the tent itself with plastic gauzes.

And this how the bottom looks like!

Enjoy Gang!

10 Likes

Happy days and good growing.

3 Likes

Day 31 from sprout. They have definitely slowed down, not happy with how much i had to pluck and how little height i have left though. Feed is 950-975ppm and changed the programming to 4 sec watering’s every 4 hours.

14 Likes

Water her before lights out and even with that was dry as bone, floriar some lactobacillus and water with it too and she looks happy and yeaterday she ate 3000ppm flower formula only

9 Likes

Great update today peeps!

Had to get one of each out of the tent, just for being small.

The other six are thriving under the QB288s, and refused to stop stretching so had to pull them a little bit.

Buds in the making shots!

These babies were shooting for the sky! Someone please grow those in big, so i can see them!

10 Likes

I will i have the pure kush to do clones out of it , will leave it as a mother for now , this is my fourth grow and this time id over did, se me paso la mano demasiadas plantas y no cabian

2 Likes

You will be happy man, little things are stinky too!

Very vigorous growth and development of buds, i mean they are going quick! I removed at least 10 little branches of about 4 to 5 inches from them, and those were the under developed ones, for a mum, the heavy branching and numerous ones you get will be a dream of a mother to have! @GreenCaciqueHawaii

PURE KUSH by Seedism.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how I’m still getting nute burn she’s got nothing but straight water for three weeks. . .I give her a little rain water about 5 days ago and look. . . She’s talking to me but she’s speaking another language

My only piece of grass i own is loving the soil but she’s not

She’s definitely started budding lol if you want to call it that hahaha

6 Likes

Another update, with developments too.

This one plant you see here grew so much overnight that it went over the QBs and i just had to do it, check out the second and third picture.

I bent it real good last night and today it seems like nothings happened, actually aiming towards the light again!

The tent in general as of last night before lights out at 8pm CR time.

These are the bud sites, that i know you all love so much!

Pure Kush at close range

A Chemdawg close up

I hope you are enjoying this and having a blast, win or lose, i AM doing my best!

13 Likes