MadScientist's 2nd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

Hell ya! GOOD LUCK to everyone competiting. Can’t wait to see everyone’s hard work in months to come. This will be fun

4 Likes

Hey guys… Im thinking I’m only going to run one plant, probably one of @ReikoX devil crosses… I want to use styrofoam cups but I’m having trouble finding 16 ounce ones. I think I’m just going to get a cup from circle k, fill it with 16 shots of water and just off the rest. I wanna do air pruning and Styrofoam is by far the easiest to poke holes in IMO. Anyways… Fingers crossed I pick out the winning seed!

3 Likes

Here are my entries into the contest,

Some nerds genetics which I have no clue about,
And some Greenpoint Doc Holliday

6 Likes

@Hoodini, you could wrap the clear bottles in newspaper or socks or something to keep the light out.

3 Likes

This will be mine, from Seedism Pure Kush and Chemdawg, both femmed. And by @BogSeeds Sweet Cindy Regular!

Will be doing 3 of each fem seed, and 6 of the SC by BOG!

HppHrvst :robot:

2 Likes

Can the media be above the cup? I would think no. If yes, How high?

2 Likes

The idea of the 16oz cup is to have 16oz of medium in it! If you stack more on top, that will not be 16oz.

You remember last one @Viva_Mexico, you played and all…

4 Likes

10 Likes

Exactly what VivaMexico was gonna try and do…

@Viva_Mexico

2 Likes

When we start germinating on the 30th, and then the seeds sprout we are gonna veg it for almost three weeks and then they will be put to flower on June the 30th, plants won’t have time to grow so much man!

3 Likes

I would love to get in this and whoop up on you guys I have pictures of my first micro grow which was my first grow over 10 years ago to share if anybody is interested. I’ve learned a lot since then… Lok

2 Likes

I have just been mucking around getting some stuff ready.

drilled out the rivets and made one of my 200w rigs a little smaller.

6 Likes

I was thinking socks too. I need my roots covered but I will also need something around the cup to keep it cool outside in almost 95 degree heat. A 16 oz cup of dirt sitting outside in direct sunlight is gonna be like trying to use my oven to grow in

5 Likes

Would I be correct in saying that it doesn’t matter what the cup or vessel is made out of as long as it’s 16 oz ?

2 Likes

Yup and that’s why it’s called the 16oz cup competition

3 Likes

Is making a 16oz fabric pots an option? Or only a party cup?

4 Likes

I like that idea…

4 Likes

How would you prove it was only 16oz
I say no to the fabric pot unless you make me one too :grin:

3 Likes

Tape measure? Plus several useless characters to make this post legal

4 Likes

Last year’s Solo cup harvest.

16 Likes