MadScientist's 2nd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

I did end up getting the timelapse camera running over the cups so hopefully that works well and we can watch it in a few months time.

A pic from yesterday.

A couple cups will be removed shortly due to seedling death by shitty grower syndrome.

10 Likes

3 cups down the res overflow was lowered so the cubes wont get so wet… hopefully. an exhaust fan was added on the pump timer. if things dont improve in 5 or so days i will have it on full time.

necrosis and things…

keep onto me boys call it out whenever you feel like it for under cup pictures

8 Likes

Im going for the 30 day veg.

2 Likes

@Pedro_Bann they are still looking good. . .bigger than my little one

3 Likes

Nice contest you got going on there will be keeping an eye out

1 Like

Haha I’ve been looking for a remedy for that for years. SGS is not a joke and can cause seriously irreversible plant damage. If you would like to help our search for a cure please send $$$ to OVERGROW care of @LemonadeJoe immediately. Every second you wait could mean the life of a poor sad plant with the genetics to revolutionize the cannabis industry. Wouldn’t you want to be the one who changed the world?? SEND NOW!!

6 Likes

Participant X

pic update

7 Likes

Wow… The growth you guys are having is explosive compared to mine… I guess trying this outdoors wasn’t the best idea. I’ll upload pics when I get home.

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

The GG4s1 are chugging along and working on their third node after just 12 days of vegging. The girls are getting fed daily now, I’m trying to push these little girls as much as possible. Only 19 more days left until we start to flower.

Here is a side view of the cups showing the bottom of the cups are root free. Anyone thinking of doing some topping and/or training?

10 Likes

@ReikoX geeze dude I think your cheating I was told unicorn poop was not allowed in this competition and called for immediate elimination. I’m gonna have to inspect your unicorns ass

1 Like

And PX (participant X) looks likes he’s already gonna start flowering

1 Like

Look how big mine is

2 Likes

OK I’m not foolin’ anyone :cry:

2 Likes

Try leaving the light on longer like 20/4 sleeping for only 4 hours, or on constant 24hrs may be you will catch the others up :wink: @Hoodini

4 Likes

@Herbie thanks for the info man I appreciate it :+1:unfortunately if I did that then all my UK and eastern brothers wouldn’t have any daylight. . . Im an off grid outdoor grower. But I will tell you a little secret. I’ve rigged up a couple of old cell phones and have been using the camera flash as a grow lights so it’s actually doing pretty good seeing as she just popped 2 days ago from almost drying out so I’m happy

3 Likes

You guys are giving away all my secrets. I may still have a trick or two up my sleeves. A :spades:

7 Likes

Looking good Particpant X

@MadScientist

2 Likes

Just watching my plants grow here but it gets a little boring so I have to spice it up…

5 Likes

So you’re LITERALLY watching grass grow!

HAHAHAHA

6 Likes

OK I didnt know that @Hoodini , heres some pro tips from an old greenhouse grower.

Get some mirrors or some mylar shiny reflective sheeting and use it to angle the light towards your plant.

You know the 12 volt sol sticks etc would run off a car or truck battery :flushed:

Seriously we used to use big boards with a pivot on the middle and covered in a mirrored finish to angle the sun to the plants inside the greenhouses.

You could use something like a sheet of tin foil & make it into a bigger circle than the cup, place cup in middle after making the tin foil circle into a dome, place dome upside down you have a lovely shiny reflective sun trap.

Or get a bike / cycle with a dynamo put lights on the front, put an axle stand under back wheel, and pedal away shining the light at the cup.

I have actually looked into the new lithion battery packs that get charged up by solar panels through the day and release there charge in the dark hours when required to, bloody expensive at the moment though.

Alternatively you need to go creep onto the farm at ReikoX’s place to pinch some of the unicorn poop. I thought he had started to sell it in bottles now :rolling_eyes: I Have not seen it in the shops in UK yet though.

Best of luck Hoodini :wink:

7 Likes